Chapter 12*

Chapter 12: First Night In Neverland

Adeline Mills

There's nothing worse than being dragged into a dark jungle with a kid whose hormones are crazier than Ruby. I silently walked behind him, making sure to leave enough space between us.

"May I ask a question?" I said after 5 minutes of silence.

"What?"

"Do you happen to know why Pan wants me so badly?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I honestly don't. He probably doesn't know you are hella annoying. But, if I were to guess, its probably because of your power and good looks. Not to mention your body." I looked down while frowning and instantly cross my arms, feeling cautious, then again, most horror story sceneries are in a dark forest.

"Perv..." I mumbled.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, we arrived to a huge clearing.

To say I was impressed, is practically false. Take it from a girl who was raised in a castle. I kinda figured, 'hey, he's the ruler of all our bloody realms, his kingdom in Neverland must be huge and beautiful!'

I can tell you now, it's not.

Various sad looking tents were scattered throughout the camp area. A couple fireplaces were set up through the entire camp. Weapons of all sort were lying around. A giant hut was in the middle of the site. Next to it was a smaller hut with a red plus sign on it.

My attention shifted immediately, though, to the dancing boys that were jumping around the biggest fire place in the camp. I'd say about 15 boys, give or take.

"Lovely to see you again, love!" I snapped my head towards the familiar voice and noticed Felix had left my side. I turned back and saw Pan making his way towards me, smirking as if he had found a rare treasure.

I'm rare alright, just not a treasure.

"Boys! Your attention please! I'd like to welcome the soon to be queen of Neverland!" Instantly, the boys (who I actually thought were drunk) stopped their dancing and prancing and their eyes were on me. I frowned while looking at Pan.

"Queen? We have discussed this! I won't be your queen, I won't stay here, because I don't like you!" I rambled angrily. It's as if my words took no emotion towards Pan, for he still had his arrogant smirk on his face.

"Adeline these are my lost boys. And as for the thought of you leaving, I suggest you find a new goal. Nobody leaves this island without me knowing. So here's your bag," he yanked my brown satchel out of Felixs' hands and shoved it into mine, "and there's your tent," he pointed to a tent, might I say, the biggest one, "and go take a cat nap, kitten. It's too late for a princess to be awake anyways. And I'm sure you are tired from all that swimming." I nearly ripped his eyes out as he said those words, but the stupid teenager boys would stop me before I could even breath the same air as Pan.

Bloody hell, it's his fault I'm so tired right now! I snarled and yanked away from the boys. I adjusted my bag on my shoulder and glared at Pan who stared at me with curious eyes. If he weren't such an asshole, I probably would've liked him.

"I'm not sleeping in that bloody tent, I'm not staying here on this stupid island, I'm not staying in a camp filled with hormonal, dysfunctional boys! And I sure as hell won't be your queen!"

"Then what do plan on doing, darling? Leave the camp area? You wouldn't survive a single day out there! Neverland isn't a place filled with puppies and unicorns, love." He taunted all while lifting an eyebrow.

"I can and will survive! Watch me!" I said and spun on my heal and walked straight into the forest that me and blonde boy came out of.

This can't be that hard right?

~

"Ok, Ok, dark with thorns and oozing black liquid, that's Dreamshade." I mumbled to myself when I came upon a strange and deadly looking plant. I remembered what I had read about Neverland and knew the plant was Dreamshade. I decided to go the other way.

As I navigated myself through the forest I mentally thanked Rumple for the book. I held it tight in my hands as I continued my walk for survival.

I sighed and took out my notebook where I had written what to do if I got pierced by Dreamshade.

Go to Crystal Mountain. Use magic to move Dreamshade out of way; waterfall with curable waters. Three days till the poison takes over.

I read my writing twice and then slammed the notebook shut and stuffed it back into my bag. I continued walking.

"Oh thank Thor." I said happily as I felt the white soft sand at my feet again. I took off my boots and sunk my sore feet into the damp, cold sand. I had never done so much walking and it definitely showed me hoe out of shape I was.

"Now to get home..." I mumbled. I pulled out a pencil and paper. I sharpened my pencil to get a point and narrowed my eyes as I stared st the clear paper before me.

"Time to start planning my escape..."

~

After hours of just sitting on a beach, planning and examining the book for evidence of leaving, I have come to a conclusion.

Nothing.

It's practically impossible to leave!

There used to be a way to leave by using the mermaid tunnels.
But apparently, the tunnels have been closed off by Pan.

Of course he did. I slumped onto the sand in a defeated way and groaned loudly.

"Stupid Pan."