Chapter 41

Chapter 41: Adeline's Destiny

Adeline Mills

Tiger Lily, Alejandro, and Tink sat in front of me. I was still tied in my chair and I glared at the three of them. I didn't have time to mourn over Ariel and Prince Eric. I didn't know either of them too well.

Well, I did meet Eric once at a ball, but it was the usual royal greeting that I was trained to do.

Anyway, as I seemed to be keen on melting Tinkerbelle and Alejandro's head, Tiger Lily insisted on telling me things.

"You know why you are here, do you not?"

"Yeah, you kidnapped me." I snapped and she rolled her eyes.

"I mean, here on Neverland." She continued and I took a deep breath. All I knew was that I was taken to become Pan's future queen. It had always been the small piece of information he had told me. It was the bloody reason why he crashed the ball back to what seemed like ages ago.

"I'm meant to become Pan's queen or something like that..." I said and Tiger Lily gave a mocking laugh. I frowned at her.

"Don't tell me you believe that, child!" She said and I scoffed while rolling my eyes.

"What else would I be here for? That's all anyone tells me. It was always, 'You're here because you were chosen to become Pan's queen... you are here because he knows with you by his side, you two will rule the world!' That's all I have ever been told." I said and the young Indian girl shook her head.

"Adeline, you are here because it was destiny."

"If destiny is just a fancy word for, a demon taking me away from my family to become a queen, than yeah, I would call it destiny as well." I said as I rolled my eyes. In my opinion, there was no such thing as fate or destiny. Things happened because of the consequences of one's actions. Not because the universe decided to punish you.

"Have you heard of the Pure One's vault?" I instantly perk up at the mention of the vault. I had read about that thing in my book. And it had slipped my mind. But what Tiger Lily said got my attention.

"How do you know about that vault?" I asked and she gave a small smile, knowing she had finally gotten my full attention.

"That vault is close to our lands. Now, listen. I know you know this; your family descendant was the original Pure One. Victoria Mills. Now, you know the story behind why she had to leave right"

"Yes."

"Ok. The Pure One title is a legacy. Since it is in your family blood, the legacy waits for the right person to be born and the person becomes the Pure One. Well sadly, in your family there is a lot of darkness."

"Tell me about it." I mumbled, remembering my grandmother, Cora and my aunt, Regina.

"Anyways, because there is a lot of darkness, the title has been waiting for the right person to reactivate it's title. And recently, just yesterday, it has finally happened." Tiger Lily said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Wait, what?"

"The vault was activated yesterday. That means the title has finally chosen someone and the Pure Ones legacy has been passed down."

"And you think it's me... don't you?"

"You're the only one who has stepped on Neverland the longest."

"But I have been here for a while... wouldn't it have activated the moment I arrived?" I questioned and Tiger Lily shook her head.

"The title only officiates, when the legacy believes they are ready."

"And apperently, I am?"

"According to the vault."

"Now that is full of bullshit." I snapped and Tink stiffled a giggle. I was still angry at her and I didn't say anything.

"If I am the so called Pure One, what does that mean for me? And Pan?"

"He knows you have a chance of becoming the Pure One. If you aren't then as said before, you'll just be his queen. It's simple. But if you are, which you most definitely are, that means you are beyond powerful. And..." I raised an eyebrow when Tiger Lily refused to continue.

"And?" I pressed on.

Tiger Lily glanced at Alejandro who got the message and leaned a bit forward and spoke for the first time since the conversation started.

"And it means he's going to try and kill you."

Peter Pan

"What do you mean she's been kidnapped!?" I asked as I looked through the water mirror. I glared at Felix who looked nervous.

"She was here at night, I watched her go into her tent. I was about to place the protection spell but a powder of some sort flew at us and we..."

"What? What happened?!" I asked angerily.

"And we knocked out. We don't have a trace of where Adeline is, we don't even know if she is on the island anymore." I snarled at him and turned away for a moment.

I was in the dark side of the Enchanted Forest, right in front of the Dark One's castle. I planned to get the Dark One's dagger, but now that Adeline was gone, it could complicate things.

I turned back to Felix and gave him the best death glare I could conjure.

"Fine her! FIND HER! I can't go back now, I have something to get! Now find her or the whole plan is ruined! Now! Go! And don't rest until you have found that bloody girl!"

Adeline Mills

I was left alone after the talk. I was allowed to have the ropes off if I promised to behave. But I wasn't allowed to leave the tent. They even put up a protection spell not allowing anyone to come in or go out. Only Tiger Lily, Tinkerbelle and Alejandro knew how to get in. I was given time to process everything through. But this was something bigger than what I had expected.

Death was never something that had entered my thoughts. I always knew I would die, but I never thought it would be so early. There were so many things I haven't done yet. I always expected to become queen of Oz. It was something that even from a small age I was told. My entire family had always concentrated on telling me that I would one day be queen. But here I was in Neverland being told that I was the Pure One.

I knew what that meant. It meant I would soon die. Pan wouldn't want anybody to stand in his way towards victory.

I knew that he would soon be informed that the vault had been activated again. He would kill me even if once he wanted me to become his queen. He would kill me even if once he had loved me. He would kill me if it meant he would achieve immense power.

He would kill me.

As I sat in the Indian's tent, I couldn't help but fully accept the fact that I was willing to die.

"Peter's planning on becoming the Dark One?"

"Yes. Because only the Dark One can kill the Pure One, and via versa."

"...I read in the book that the Dark One and the Pure One are like Yin and Yang... they can't live without each other."

"Yes. That's right."

"What if, when Pan becomes the Dark One, I kill him and myself in the process? Then we would cross out each others power... neither a Dark or Pure One would exist."

"That could work... but would you be willing to give up your life?"

The question Tiger Lily had asked me was serious.

Would I be willing to give up my life?

If I did, and I took Pan with me, it would mean peace for all realms. It would mean the royals would be in control of their kingdoms again. It would mean everyone would be Ok.

Was I willing to give up my life for that?

I know I haven't lived life to the fullest, but if it meant everyone else could, it was worth it.

I would greet death like an old friend.