Chapter 48

Chapter 48: I'm Here

Adeline Mills

"Misthaven at sight! Man the deck and throw anchor down!" Jack screamed and everyone ran to obey their captain.

I walked to the edge and looked out towards the land. It looked vaguely the same. Nothing seemed dramatically different, and it gave me a boost knowing something was still the same.

"You aren't going to do something tame, huh?" Jack suddenly asked as he approached me. I raised an eyebrow at him but said nothing.

"Should I offer my services?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I must do what I have to do in my own, Sparrow. But know this, you have made a huge impact on me. I thank you for bringing me here." I said and he nodded.

"Lower the boats!" He yelled and a small dingy is afloat on after right next to the Black Pearl.

"Your highness, may I be so kind as to offer my protection on land?" Devin sudden asked as he walked up to me and Jack. I watched as he glanced quickly at Tiger Lily and I mentally smirked.

"Of course Sir Devin. Come along." I said plainly and he gave me an appreciated smile.

"Ready?" Tiger Lily asked. I nodded and gestured to Tink and Alejandro to climb down first, which they did. Once we were all in the small boat, I looked up to see Jack staring back at me. I waved one last time and began tugging on the ropes.

I turned to Alejandro and handed him a pair of oars and grabbed one for myself to begin rowing to shore.

"Please, your grace." Devin said as he gently took the oar I had in my hand. The two boys began to row perfectly towards shore and I recongized where we instantly were.

"This is where I first met the Charming family." I said as I noticed the docks. Tinkerbelle, who was the only one who knew who they were, turned to me with a sad face.

"Think they're alright?"

"I must hope they are."

~

After explaining what the plan was to Devin, he seemed to watch Tiger Lily with more admiration in his eyes. I chuckled lightly when I thought of how difficult it was going to be for him to get the Indian princess to open up to him.

"Here. Place this on. We can't risk someone seeing you." Tiger Lily said as she handed a black cloak to me. I slipped it on and lifted the hood over my head to cover my face. Tiger Lily gave one to Alejandro and Tink as well.

"Wait, why must we wear one?"

"Because if Pan sees you, he can assume Adeline isn't far. Even I have to wear one. Don't complain." She snapped and Tinkerbelle scowled as she stuck the cloak on and covered her face, along with Alejandro.

"Where should we start?" Al asked and I shrugged while looking at Tink.

"I say the castle. He always had a weird thing for Misthaven's castle."

"Must be because you spent some time of your childhood their as well. He's probably looking for more supply of magic." Tinkerbelle said and I nodded swiftly.

"Let's get going then." Tiger Lily said and handed me a bow and a couple of arrows which she had managed to 'borrow' from a nearby trade center. She handed a spear to Alejandro, a sword to Devin, and a couple of throwing knives to Tinkerbelle.

"Good lord, how did you manage to get all this stuff, Tiger Lily?" Alejandro gapped as he was handed his weapon. The Indian princess just smirked and threw a cross bow over her shoulder.

"Don't doubt my ways, Al. Don't ever doubt my ways."

~

I saw the castle not too far away. I looked inside my satchel to secure the Pure One's knife. I examined it for a couple moments, taking it all in. My name gleamed when it caught the rays of the sun, and for a moment it seemed like such an innocent knife.

But I knew better.

It was that moment that I knew my friends couldn't go any further than here. I didn't want them to be there to see me die. I didn't want them to see anything regarding my death.

I stopped suddenly and watched as they continued. Tinkerbelle was the first to notice, and slowed down to a stop, causing the others to do the same.

"Addy?" She asked and I took a deep breath before meeting their eyes.

"You can't go any further." I stated simply. Tinks eyes widened.

"Wha- why?" Tink asked desperately and Tiger Lily scowled while crossing her arms.

"We're all going, don't try to make us stay."

"You have to. I don't want any of you to be near when this happens. Listen, I have a favor to ask you. I'm going to go through with this, I know. But I want you to go to Camelot to tell my family what happened and how it happened. Especially my mother. Make sure someone takes care of her. My father has Aunt Regina, but I was my mother's whole world. Make sure she's Ok." I requested and Tink starts to tear up.

"Don't t cry." I said firmly and she began to wail even harder causing Alejandro to bring her into a crushing hug in attempt to calm her down.

"Good luck, your majesty." Tiger Lily said and Devin gave a small bow in respect and shot me a smile. It was forced, as was Tiger Lily's.

I pushed past them and forced myself to keep going.

Even after I saw a single tear drop fall from Tiger Lily's brown eyes.

~

I looked around and noticed the villagers were gone. The entire place was deserted. I threw back the hood of my cloak and began walking through the ghost town like kingdom and saw the castle not far beyond. The castle looked just as bad as the village. The windows were crushed and the entire castle showed signs of abandonment.

I swear I saw tumbleweed pass by me.

With all thoughts clouding me, I began to wonder where Pan was. But my curiosity didn't last long when I saw the door to the castle of the Charming's open. I took a deep breath and grabbed the dagger out of my satchel and strapped it around my waist, hiding it under my cloak. I took a deep breath before entering the dark castle.

The place was rusting already. The dust was everywhere and floating around. Everything seemed darker than how I remembered it. Suddenly the thought of the ball we had months ago was only a distant memory. Compared to how lively this place was back then made the castle now seem like it was inhabitant for decades, instead of just months.

I suddenly heard a creak upstairs coming from the east side of the second floor. I instantly knew where the noise was coming from.

My old bedroom.

I climbed upstairs and walked directly to the old guest room that became mine when I came to visit the Charmings.

When I walked in, the first thing I saw was Peter Pan sitting on my bed, inspecting one of my pictures when I was 11 years old.

"To die would be an awfully big adventure."