Chapter 36

Chapter 36: Where Liam's Loyalty Lies

Adeline Mills

Every little girl has hopes and dreams. Whether it is to be a princess, a queen, own a unicorn, meet their one true love, have a marvelous wedding, be the best dragon rider in the world, we all have goals.

Some more crazy than others.

But one thing for sure, is that the feeling one gets when they accomplish a goal, is the best feeling in the world. It is a feeling of nothing beyond compare and it has a sense of accomplishment.

I knew while I was on Neverland, I would never be able to experience that feeling. I knew I would end up a slave to Pan's games and a prisoner to his every need. It was obvious that when he kidnapped me, or more princessnapped me, it wasn't because he liked me. It was because I was powerful, had royal blood, and was pretty. Yes, I considered myself pretty, sue me.

Pan was practically the devil trying to take away my goals and dreams. Just more motivation to find a way for me to leave this island.

As Pan stood there at the doorway, looking as mad as ever I didn't know what to do. I wiped away some stray tears and sniffed my nose and avoided his eyes.

"Felix, mind leaving me alone wih Adeline for a moment." Pan said and Felix immediately stood up and left. My body stiffened as I felt Pan sit next to me on the cot.

"I can be your dream." He said. I looked up with a half surprised look.

"Wha-"

"The prince that you want to marry. That can be me. I can give you that. I can make you queen of every realm, bigger than any of your wildest dreams. I can give you a child as well. If thats what you wish." He finished off. I froze as I didn't know what to say or do. Who the hell just straight up says that? How do you even respond to that?

"Peter-"

"I really can give you everything you want."

"No you can't. Becasue I don't love you." I mumbled quietly. Peter took in a sharp breath. I looked away, I couldn't face him now.

"You don't need love to marry-"

"Yes you do! If you don't, than its just an arranged marriage that almost every royal gets sucked into! I swore to myself that would never happen and that I will marry the prince of my dreams and that I will bare his child! I will not just marry you because you have a sense of power and because you claim you can give me what I want!"

"I can give you love-"

"No you can't, you said so yourself! You are incapable of loving! While I'm here on this wretched island, I will never accomplish what I want. Stop trying to make everything better." I yelled and stood up in complete anger. I knew my eyes were now a raging green color and that I was getting red. It happened when I got all worked up. And it seemed like Pan was no better. His dark green eyes were darker than usual and his ears were turning red, as was his face. He stood up behind me just as suddenly.

"If that's what you need than I will find a way to give you what you want!"

"I seriously doubt that! What I want is to be far from you and to never see your bloody face ever again!" I screamed and he shook his head.

"You don't mean that!"

"And how would you know?!"

"Because every time you lie, you twitch your nose and ears without you even knowing!" He yelled. I was about to snap back something clever when I realized I had nothing. It was true, Henry had told me before, that whenever I told a fib, my nose twitches and so did my ears. Mum used to tell me it did that because that meant my nose wanted to grow, like Pinocchio's, and that my ears wanted to expand like Dumbo's.

This was the reason why I rarely ever lied.

I pouted angerily and crossed my arms and turned my back to Pan. It was silent for a good while, until I felt his arms around my lower stomach. He pulled me to his chest and my back collapsed against his chest. I felt a soft kiss on the side of my head and I frowned.

"Let go." I snapped and he chuckled before he nuzzled into my neck.

"Peter..." I warned but he ignored me.

"I'm sorry I can't give you what you want."

"..."

"How can I make it better?" He questioned and I perked up.

"You can let me go home." I whispered softly. Pan stiffened and removed his arms, suddenly, leaving me exposed to the cold.

"That's not an option Adeline," he said darkly while narrowing his eyes, "so never ask me that again." He growled and walked away from me. I stayed put and just gave a huff. I kinda figured he wouldn't agreed.

"We must leave soon. The pirates have been... taken care of. Point, we must leave to get you to safety, my queen. Prepare soon to depart." Pan said and I frowned at his sudden mood.

"But why-"

"Because I said so and I am your king! Now move it!" He yelled and I jumped back. He left the treehouse, jumping out the opening and landing on the ground gracefully. I moved from the window.

"Wait! Pan! Where's Liam?" I yelled after him and he stopped. He looked back and gave a siniser smile.

"Somewhere in hell I hope." He yelled and without another glance, Pam disappeared away.

My eyes widened and I froze. This could mean many things.

A) Liam's dead and gone.
B) Pan's just jealous and said the first thing that popped into his head.

Or

C) Liam betrayed Pan and he found out that he was with the pirates and that he's the reasons why the camp got trashed...

No, Liam wouldn't betray us.

Would he?

I heard footsteps on the hard wooden floor approaching me. It was Felix. He offered me a small smile and sat on a bamboo chair near me.

"Hey Felix?"

"Yeah?"

"When did Liam become a Lost boy? Do you happen to remember?" I asked and he pondered for a while before shaking his head.

"No. I don't remember. Alejandro was the one who found him washed up on shore... or at least that's what he says. Al said he was fishing when he saw Liam's body in the water. He rescued him and Al claimed that Liam was too weak and was on the edge of death. Which was true. He brought him to camp and from that day forth, he was a Lost boy. Why do you ask?" He questioned me and I shook my head softly.

"No reason at all."