Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Under Attack

Ariel Triton

I cautiously peeked over the ocean surface and smiled when I spotted land. I stuck my whole head out of the water and pulled myself out, plopping on some flat rocks near the edge of the sea.

I lifted my tail up on a rock and pulled out the wired braclet the princess gave to me from my infinite bag. It was odd how human magic worked. I use to believe only Ursula, the queen of the sea, was able to give us merfolk the power to walk on land, but here I held a magical object that could give me the excitement of using legs again.

As the familiar tingle washed over my tail, I suddenly heard a humans voice speak. I jumped in a panicked matter.

"Max! Come back, boy!" It was definatly a male's voice. I stood up slowly but in the quickest way possible. I got used to my legs just in time. Then, a furry strange lookimg animal ran towards me. It had 4 legs and was gray, furry, and white. I screamed and ran around the rock and climbed onto it in a panic. I tried to shoo it away but it only barked at me and contiuned to jump up at me. I screamed at it to go away but it resisted.

"Max, no!" The same male voice yelled. I looked up and my eyes instantly widened. A man, maybe in his mid-twenties, ran up to me and I guess, 'Max', got excited and saw the man and instead ran to him.

The man had on a baggy white shirt that looked like something a sailor would wear. It was tucked into some black tight leather jeans. He had black hair and bright blue eyes. He had a kind smile as he met my eyes.

"Oh, Im sorry about Max, he, uh, he gets a little rough without even knowing it." He said and ruffled the animals fur. I watched him and scrunched my eyebrows slightly.

"What is he, may I ask?" The man looked up with a confused expression and a raised eyebrow.

"You mean, what type of dog is he?" I tilted my head when I heard the weird new word.

"Dog?" The man nodded slowly while staring at me as if I had grown another head.

"Yes, he's a dog. Don't worry, he won't bite." I smiled and giggled as the dog licked the man's face. He pushed the dog away and looked back up to me. I noticed I was a bit to close so I backed up a little.

"What's your name?"

"Ariel. And may I ask for yours?"

"Eric. You're not from here are you?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Well, do you need any help getting around? I can give you a tour..." He said and I smiled.

"That'd be lovely. But someone very important sent me here on a mission. I must deliver a letter." I said and got to my feet. I climbed off the rock and set my feet to the soft sand.

"Well, there must be a favor I could do for you. I can help you."

"Yes, actually, do you think I could have some human clothes?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow and looked down at my current clothes. I was only wearing a purple bra and a silky bottom part that represented my tail and was barefoot. Eric blushed and I blushed as well.

"Come on, I live close by." I smiled as he offered his hand. I slipped my arm through his and we began to walk the way he came.

"Another thing, do you happen to know how far Regina Mill's castle is?"

Adeline Mills

"Adeline?"

"Go away." I snapped without opening my eyes.

"Adeline, it's time to get up."

"Felix, go away."

"It's Liam, Addy."

"Go away, Liam."

I didn't want to get up, I was too tired. I was going to drift off to bed again when I'm suddenly thrown off my bed. I screamed as my face collided with the floor.

"Bloody hell what was that for?!" I snapped. But I stop my glaring when I noticed Liam's paleness. I suddenly heard screams and yells from outside the tent.

"Liam... What's going on?" He shook his head rapidly and grabbed my arm pulling me off the bed. He grabbed some clothes, three it at me and ushered me to change quickly. I obeyed and walked out of the secluded area to find him placing my things in a suitcase, the screams and yells were increasing outside.

"Liam, please! Whats going on!"

"Pirates are attacking! We need to leave, quickly!"

"But-"

"Pan's command, Addy, I have to get you out of here!" He yelles and the screams outside get louder.

As we bolt outside, I glanced at the chaos in the camp. Lost Boys fighting pirates, pirates setting tents on fire, some Lost Boys trying to get a weapon to fight.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Peter fighting who I assumed to be the captain, and four other pirates. He didn't seem to be putting much effect into the fight and I began to worry. Could he take all 4 pirates? Will he be OK? Why the hell do I care?

"Wait Liam, what about Peter?" I asked as Liam pulled me away. I saw Alejandro and Felix at the edge of camp waiting for us. Each had a pack with them.

"Pan's orders, Adeline, we are in charge of you. We can't let you get hurt, we must get you out of here without going back. Pan ordered it." Felix said rapidly. As soon as we were close enough, Alejandro and Felix grabbed ahold of me and Liam's hand left mine.

"Wait, wait- Liam where are you going!?" I asked as Felix and Alejandro began to pull me into the forest. I pulled against them and Liam gave me a small, reassuring smile.

"My job was to bring you to Felix and Al. I have to go back and fight."

"But-"

"I'll be OK, Addy. I'll see you soon." He said and gave me a small hug. He whisked out his sword and ran back into the chaos of the camp.

"Liam wait!" I screamed. He didn't listen. Felix and Alejandro just hoisted me off the ground and began to drag me away.

"Wait. We must do something!"

"No! Pan's orders! Nothing bad must happen to you!" Felix snapped.

"Wait, where are we going?"

"To Tinkerbelle's treehouse!"