Chapter 20

Chapter 20: I Can't Wait To Watch Him Bleed

Adeline Mills

"Traitor? I don't understand?"

"I read in my book that each Dark One is born in its original vault, which is on Neverland. That means that they have all been here on this island. That also means that Rumpelstiltskin himself have been here as well. He probably met Pan too."

"How does that make him a traitor though?"

"Think about it; what is the original form of Squid Ink?" I challenged Tink.

"The squid."

"Right, and is the ink man- made?"

"No, it's practically impossible to create such a powerful substance." She replied thoughtfully.

"Right, well, before I came to the island, I saw Rumple creating Squid Ink."

"That's impossi-"

"No, it's not. I thought so too, but according to what I have read in the past, any liquid can be copied as long as one has a drop of the original substance."

"But then where would he have gotten it in the first place?"

"That's where Pan comes into the story. My theory is that they probably made a deal, resulting in Rumple having some Squid Ink."

"But what was the deal?"

"I'm not quite sure." I admitted in defeat.

"But I do know that he is up to something." I continued. Tink huffed and frowned.

"That doesn't narrow anything down! How do you plan on stopping Pan?" I snapped my head up and looked at Tink with bewildering eyes.

"Stop Pan? I'm not trying to stop him, I'm trying to find a way home!"

"Adeline, the only way you will ever go home and be able to stay home is if you find a way to stop him once and for all. If you don't, he will just go back for you. Not only that, he will probably punish your family and kill them all!" I felt a hard lump forming in my throat.

"If it comes down to my family or me, I prefer to carry the stones, not them." I said bravely.

"Bravery isn't always good, sometimes its stupidity." Tink said annoyed as she rolled her eyes.

"You can't just barge in without a plan. Ever. You are, not only toying with your life, but with the lives of your family. The point of Pan's game is not to kill, it's to see who is strong enough to survive."

I leaned back against the chair and sighed.

"I understand. And I know it won't be easy to develop a full-proof plan, but if we try we can definitely find a way to manipulate Pan. For the sake of myself, and the better of my kingdom." I said lowly. Tink got a sudden glimmer in her eyes and smirked playfully.

"Oh, I can't wait to watch him bleed."

~

The sun rose. It was the third and final day of orientation and I was full on confident that I had passed. But Pan wasn't picking me up until sunset, so I had to make some space between me and Tink's home.

"Thank you for everything, Tinkerbelle. I really appreciate it." I thanked her for the millionth time. She rolled her eyes playfully and gave me a hug.

"Go on, get out of here; before it becomes too late." She said in her deep british accent. I once again thanked her and made a run into the Dark Jungle again.

Where exactly was I going?

I was asking myself the same question.

~

"There's an old voice in my head that's, holding me back,

Well tell her that I miss our little talks..."

I sung softly to pass the time as I jumped over a fallen tree that had crossed my way. I shifted the strap of my bag on my shoulder and groaned. Two hours more and the sun would set. It was about time. I was done with this ridiculous, twisted game. This proved nothing! Anybody could survive days in this jungle. Hell, it's not even that dark!

As I sat on log I took out my book and began reading the next chapter.

Neverlands Secrets
~Chapter 9: Pure One's Vault~

As you have read, the darkness was once born here. In fact, it was first introduced into the world as the sister of the Dark One. It separated the bad from the good, keeping the light away from the dark. Hence, why the day and night was created. The chinese believed this is where the Ying and Yan symbol first inherited from.

Back to the Pure One, the Pure One was created to keep the darkness in tack. But both can't ever be living on the same island. It would cause an asymmetrical balance in the realms. Both wanted dominance over Neverland, so both fought for their homeland. In the end, the Dark One won, and the Pure One had to leave Neverland forever.

The remains of the vault still inhabited in Neverland though, in the meadows on the east side of the island. Though it doesn't work, and it never will again, the drained vault is there as a reminder, and a strand of hope that one day, lightness will return to the island.

I closed the book and bit my lip. I heard of a Dark One but this Pure One stuff was new. And it came pretty surprising. Back home, it wasn't really a thing. Heck nobody evens knows about it!

Except, maybe Rumple, That small voice in my head rang. My eyes widened as I realized I was right. Rumple only shared information that wasn't worth anything to him. He only does what benefited him.

I scowled as I thought of what Rumple and Pan could have had in the past. I wanted to know what secrets they both hid, and how it will affect my kingdom and family.

"Lost in thought, love?"

I screamed and jumped into the air at least a foot high. He smirked and licked his lips. He looked just as he did when I left 3 days ago.

"Congratulations, love. You're a lost girl now."