Chapter 28

Chapter 28: The Time I Almost Got Hanged

Adeline Mills

"...Albert and Troy McLain, you are to be hanged till death because of your betrayal against the kingdom of Camelot, by helping these two imposters out of the dungeon, and commiting treason." I glanced at the twins. A man slipped ropes around their necks and I gave a scowl.

"And for the girl who refuses to give her real name and claims to be Princess Adeline Mills, she shall be hanged till dead." A guard slipped a rope around my neck as well and I squirmed in anger.

"I swear, when I'm in hell, I'll haunt you till your death. And then, I will kill you to make you a pathetic lost soul." I hissed out towards the guard with the rope, who also happened to be the same one that threw me into the dungeon in the first place. He sneered at me and walked away. I glared at everyone staring up at us; the villagers, many guards, and even the royals of all the realms were still here, staring up at us four. I saw Hiccup and Merida and I began to frown. Not even my friends believed me. Idiots. I'll haunt them too. I'll show up at the worst possible time as a ghost! Like at their wedding, or engagement party, or at their honeymoon. I'll haunt them for not believing me! I'll be the biggest cockblook in history.

I was cut off of my crazy thoughts by Troy suddenly speaking.

"They've been doing this a lot, you know?"

"Doing what?"

"This. The whole hanging thing. Ever since you where taken by... You know who... a bunch of girls have disguised themselves as you with magic to try and take your place as the princess. Queen Zelena saw throigh their plans though, and each that have tried have been killed. The rest of the royals said nothing against them, clearly stating it's treason towards you and impostering a princess is beyond the law here." He whispered as the captain of the guards began to say Jacks reasons for being hanged.

"So this has happened a lot while I've been away..."

"Too many to count, your highness." He whispered. I frowned and looked towards the sky. Dark, late, it was night time, the moon was high and it was obviously almost midnight.

"He's coming soon, isn't he?" Al whispered from my other side. I nodded.

"I prefer to be dead then to go back to the heartless devil." I spit. He looked away and suddenly smiled, chuckling a little.

"Look at the bright side, we'll be able to scare and haunt who ever we please. If that ain't fun, just think of all the responsibility we won't have anymore." I laughed softly and smiled.

"I guess it won't be too bad." I said afterwards. I looked up towards the royals again and this time, I saw my mother, dressed in her green, long, slim dress. She had her brown curly hair in a messy yet sophisticated bun. She glared at me specifically and I did nothing but glare back. I shifted my sight to my father, who stood tall besides my aunt. All of them seemed to be staring directly at me, including Killian, Emma, Henry, and the rest of the Charming pack.

"You afraid?" Troy asked and I shook my head, not breaking eye contact with my mother.

"I'm not afraid of death. Death should fear me." I said sternly. His eyes widened for the slightest second and turned back to face the front. I glanced at Jack who stared at someone in the crowd. I instantly noticed her. Jill Hill, Jack's sister. Next to Jill was Jay, trying to soothe Jills cries. I felt guilt, anger, and pity rise in me. Poor Jill. Her brother was about to be hanged and she will be left all alone. Yes, she will have Jay, but let's be real, he'll go and get drunk in a pub and not show up for days, weeks even.

"... all shall be hanged till dead." The captain finished reading the bloody charges. The last rope was tied around Jack and he took a deep breath. I looked up to the moon. It will soon be in the midnight position. Pan will be here soon.

"By order of the King and Queen, let the lever drop." The last annoucement rang. I watched as the guard suddenly grabbed the lever... and pulled it down. The floor beneath me disappeared and I gasped for air.

"Treason!"

My feet hit something and it managed to keep me alive.

A sword!

I balanced my feet on the sword that someone threw so I wouldn't choke to death. I glanced over to the twins and Jack. Each had their own sword at their feet and struggled for survival.
I noticed a dark cloaked figure in the crowd of villagers. It was obvious who it was. He snapped his fingers and the ropes around our necks disappeared, and we went tumbling to the ground.

I grasped my neck and coughed. Water would seem amazing right now.

"How dare you stop this hanging!?" I heard my Regina's voice scream. The cloaked figure turned towards the queen of Camelot and took off his hood.

Multiple gasps, screams, and whispers went through the crowd. Pan just smirked at all the royals bewildered faces.

"What? And have my future queen be killed? Oh please! I didn't kidnap her for nothing, your majesty." Pan's british voice rang through the outdoors courtyard. His voice brought a sense of familiarity and I couldn't help but feel safe.

"Up, up, up beautiful." Pan said as he grabbed my arm and yanked me to my feet. I squealed and gasped as he grinned evilly at me.

"Pan." I whispered. He smirked and licked his lips.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you, princess." He whispered in my ear. Shivers ran down my spine and I pulled away to look at his eyes.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome princess."

"No. You didn't let me finish... Thank you for not just saving me, but for saving my friends as well." I said and glanced towards Jack, Troy, and Al, who were being untied by a couple of Lost Boys.

Pan held me tight by the waist. He frowned as he saw rope burns on my neck and hands. He caressed them but I shook him away.

"Well, your majesty, isn't this just sad? I, being the nice person I am, sent your daughter your way so you can send some quality time with her and you try to bloody kill her." Pan said with a sarcastic voice. He clutched onto my waist tightly. I felt more shivers.

"She worked so hard, did her training, and even learned how to use a bloody sword. All for nothing, seeing as you tried to almost kill her." I glanced at my mother. She was lost for words.

"Oh! And by the way, about her not having magic-" Pan grabbed my arm that had the leather cuff on it and showed it to everyone.

"This is a cuff that blocked off all of Adelines magic. She couldn't use it; can't risk her leaving me, now can we?" Pan said and I felt his grip on me tighten, if that was even possible.

"Peter... my friends, please don't hurt them in any way..." I whispered in his ear. He looked at me intensely. It's almost as if he wanted to say no, but he nodded after seconds.

"As you wish my queen." He does a signal to the Lost Boys and they released the Twins and Jack, allowing them to rejoin with their family.

"Now this is truely sad! Three boys who have never met the princess actually believed she was the real on! And not even her own mother and father could tell the difference!" Pan exclaimed. I glanced at him and frowned.

"Well, princess, since your time limit is up, back to Neverland with you." Pan said. I looked at my mother but showed no emotion. It took a great deal of me to not yell at her for being so stupid.

And no words were said as a cloud of green magic surrounded me, and wisked me back to Neverland.