Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Let Me Go

Adeline Mills

"Lookie here, lads. I told you I saw a girl. And a pretty one at that!" Jay exclaimed making the other men laugh. I struggled in the net, the ropes made it impossible for me to escape. And even if I did, there was no way I would be able to out run them. I looked down and frowned. Off the ground, in a net, with no way of escaping.

This was how Pan wanted to end me.

"Come on, darling. Come down and have some fun." Jay grabbed his knife swiftly and cut the rope that held me up in the net. I screamed as I felt myself fall down and hit the dirty ground. I scrambled to get on my feet and once I was, 2 strong men grabbed me by my forearms. I frowned.

"If you so as much value what pitiful life you have, you shall be wise to set me free!" I snapped. The man had an amused face on and laughed loudly. I scowled and scrunched my eyebrows, as the brightness of the morning light blinded me.

"Oh yeah, sweetheart? Who are you to say such a thing?"

"I'm Princess Adeline of Oz, daughter of King Robin Hood of Camelot and Queen Zelena of Oz! So unless you want to face the power of my mother I suggest you let me go." I said with authority laced in my voice. Jays' eyes widen at the mention of my mother. Her reputation is strong in Camelot and sure enough, they have definalty heard of her past actions. The 2 men that held me immediately let go and I massaged my right arm. Once their arms dropped, they kneeled to the ground in respect. The others followed, including Jack. Jay seemed annoyed but nevertheless, kneeled as well.

"Rise." I said and they obeyed. I looked at Jack and pointed.

"You. Speak."

"I was wondering what a princess is doing in these dangerous woods, your highness?" He said quietly.

"You do know about He Who Shall Not Be Named, correct?" Some of the men's eyes widened at the mention, but nodded nonetheless.

"Well I guess some time ago, he kidnapped me and said something about being his queen."

"Dear Thor, you have actually met the devil?" One of the men exclaimed and I nodded.

"Yes. I made a deal with him, resulting in me winning the deal and now Im here in Camelot. I arrived yesterday but I'm not here for long. He gave me 3 days to reunite with my family, but only 3."

"But your majesty, that's how long it will take you to get out of the forest!"

"I know. That's why I'm trying to get there fast." I said and raised an eyebrow at all of the surrounding men.

"Now if you excuse me, I need to get going." I snapped. They moved out of the way but before I even made it 3 feet away, I was grabbed by my arm again. I was yanked backed and I squealed in surprise.

"Now hold on baby girl, let's have some fun." Jay smirked and I glared at him but internally, I was filled with horror and fear. I was defenceless.

"Let. Me. Go." I hissed firmly.

"Now now, I'm not sure you understand... I want to have my fun first. Boys, you in?" I looked at the others and glared at them all. They all looked at each other, none actually wanting to agree.

"Jay... her mother is the Wicked Witch of the West... she has powerful magic. I sure as hell don't want to be turned into a flying monkey." One said. Murmurs of agreement rang through the group.

"I think we should take her to the castle." Another one rang.

"Yeah!" Many responded. Jay growled at everyone and snarled at them.

"Oh please. Her mother thinks she's on Neverland with Him. I'm not going to lose an opportunity with this doll. Just look at her." He looked back at me and stared to undress me with his eyes. I growled and started to fight against his grip.

"Let me go you bloody bastard! I will have your head for this!" I screamed. He just tightened his grip and the men surrounding me looked confused whether to help or not. Jay was not exactly someone you wanted to be enemies with.

"The more you struggle, the rougher it will be, darling." I felt his rough fingertips at the bottom hem of my shirt and I started to scream even harder and squirmed violently.

"Jay! Stop." A voice said firmly. I stopped struggling and looked towards the voice.

"What now, Jack? Want a turn with the princess?" He asked, smirking while looking at me and licking his lips. I let out a disgusted noise and began to squirm in his grip.

A metal swish was heard and once again I looked towards the boy with the pitch black hair and grey eyes, who was pointing his sword threatingly towards Jay.

"She's the princess, mate, and a lady. Her mother could have your head for treating her badly. Don't be stupid, brother. Just let her go."

"Last time I checked, I was the older one, boy." Jay responded and grabbed his own sword. The other men backed away and the circle that was once around us disintegrated. Jack glared at his brother and Jay the same.

At a sudden move, Jay attacked, still holding onto my grip. I yelped as I was yanked with him as he proceeded his attacks. Jack blocked his attacks and they started their fight.

After a couple minutes, Jack tricked Jay into a left steer and managed to make him fall, making his grip loosen on me and letting me break free.

"Run!" A new pair of hands, one gentler and kinder, grabbed my hand and began to drag me through the woods. I heard screams and yells behind me and I glanced over my shoulder, but we were too far by then to see the men.

After a few miles away, we both stopped, panting and my legs ached widely.

"You OK your majesty?"

"I've been better." I responded once I got my breath back.

"I'm sorry for my brut of a brother."

"It's not your fault, Jack. I thank you for helping me." I said gratefully. He nodded and looked up at the sky.

"Come on your highness. We're burning daylight."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, you didn't think I would leave you out here all alone. I'm taking you to your castle. It's not too far anymore. If we travel at a good pace and not take a lot of stops, we could make it there by a quarter past mid-night." I smiled at him gratefully and we both began to walk.

Who knew so much could happen before 9 a.m?