Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Hopes & Dreams

Adeline Mills

Midday came along and I awaited for Peter's arrival. He hadn't arrived, and it stressed me out.

Alejandro had returned with no trace of Tinkerbelle, and I had gotten the terrible feeling she was taken by the bloody pirates. She's a fairy with no wings, it honestly couldn't get any worse.

He decided that after only minutes of being here, Al left again to try and find Tink.

I passed the time by reading the book of Neverland. It wasn't much and I got bored after just half an hour. And I became cranky. I growled at nothing in particular and paced the small tree house. Felix banged his head against the table and glared at me.

"Will you stop that?"

"I can't help it, I'm bored and worried!" I snapped. He groaned and rubbed his head.

"You're making me dizzy, Addy. Pan's fine, everyone's going to be fin-"

"How do you bloody know!? Are you a seer!? No, you are not! I have been in here for days-"

"It's only been one day-"

"And with no news on what has been going on! Tink's gone and goodness knows what has happened to her and if she's even alive-"

"Now you're just exaggerating-"

"We will starve and die here, and I never got to have kids-"

"Wait, what-"

"And I never became queen, I never got to see my family again, and I never got married; Oh my God, I'm going to die boyfriend- less!" I screamed as I completely lost it. All the stress of being on Neverland and of becoming queen had now broken my walls. All the expectations of being perfect began to kill me from the inside out. Panic rose in me and the walls of the house began to close in on me. I cried and sat on the bed.

"Addy..."

"What?"

"You want to have kids?" Felix asked quietly. I sniffed and wiped away the tears. A blush rose on my cheeks and I sniffed again.

"Not right now... But I would like to think I would make a good mother." I whispered softly while I fiddled with my fingers.

"And be married..." He continued and I gave a sigh as the tears finally stopped and the only thing wrong was the crack of my voice.

"I always had a fantasy of being married to a prince. You know, the usual thing for a princess... I always thought that, even if he wasn't a prince by royal blood, my mother would allow me to marry him. And I would be in love with him. And he would treat me like a true princess. And that we would have a marvelous wedding. I never wanted a big wedding. Just a small one with friends and family, no royals from a land I have never even heard of. I've always wanted a child. A girl. I would braid her hair, teach her magic, and leave my crown to her. It would've been lovely." I said and wiped away the stray tears. Felix said nothing for a while and instead patted my back after he sat next to me. I sniffed and gave a sad sigh.

"I'm sorry Addy. But I do want you to know, I don't think Pan can give you that..." I scoffed and gave an unamused chuckle.

"Ya think? Why do you think I wanna leave ? It's not just for my family, Felix, I had plans! I want to have a future, I want to become Queen of Oz and rule it to its glory! All the lessons, the training, the 'don't do that, it's not princess like! I want to put all that to use!" I exclaimed while rubbing my arms in shame.

"I know, it's stupid-"

"No, it's not, Addy. You have hopes and dreams just like any other person. I'm just sorry I don't think you'll be able to complete them here on Neverland. And I doubt Pan would let go of you..." I nodded and closed my eyes.

"I know Felix. I-I just want to be able to at least complete one of my dreams. And I won't stop till it happens."

"You sure about that love?" I stiffened as I recongized the voice. It's the same voice of the person who is keeping me prisoner here. It's the same person who I have complicated feelings for. It's the same bloody person who I want to hate with all my might but sometimes have trouble doing so.

It was Peter Pan.

And he didn't look too happy.