Chapter 47

Chapter 47: Just a Way to Misthaven

Adeline Mills

"I don't believe me eyes..." The familiar voice said as their eyes widened with joy.

"Princess Adeline Mills!" I grinned as I saw Captain Jack Sparrow on his ship. I climbed on and his crew immediately dropped to their knees as I walked by. I chuckled as I saw Jack's face. He was surprised, with his mouth somewhat open and he couldn't seem to make words. When I stopped in front of him, he was still speechless, but he snapped out of his daze and gave a lopsided smile.

"Mr. Captain Jack Sparrow." I responded while bowing my head slightly. He chuckled and threw an arm around me, taking me by surprise for a moment.

"You have no idea how great it is to know you are alive, your highness." He said and I laughed.

"It's great to know you know I'm still breathing and living." I teased and he smiled.

"We have much to talk about. Come! Gibbs! Fetch us a bottle of our best rum! Only the best rum for the princess of Oz, future queen of Oz!" Sparrow cheered and all the crew cheered along.

"Jack..."

"Much to talk about, too much to keep track."

"Nothing to talk about. Get this ship sailing towards Misthaven, that's where I have to be."

"May I ask why?"

"You may ask, but it doesn't mean you'll get back answer." I snapped and he chuckled.

"Misthaven, you say?" He repeated and I nodded.

"As you wish, my grace." He said and began yelling commands at the crew. He then caught my group that was off to the side and smirked when he saw Tinkerbelle and Tiger Lily. I stomped my foot on his and he yelped in pain.

"What was that for, lass?" He asked and I tapped my foot at him, annoyed.

"Don't play coy, Sparrow, you can't try your stupid flirting with them. They're off limits. One can probably beat your ass to the ground and the other has a boyfriend who will gladly beat your ass to the ground." I snapped and he scowled at me.

"Rum?" Jack asked as he handed me a canteen filled with alcohol.
I hesitated but accepted and began to chug.

"Please. Just get me to Misthaven quickly." I said and he nodded.

"Prepare for the quickest ship ride of your life."

~

"SECURE THE MASK! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES, BRUTES! I WILL NOT GO DOWN TO DAVY JONES LOCKER TODAY!" Jack's yelled and loud commands could be heard over the storm. I gasped for air as a wave of water washed over the railings and drenched me cold.

It was nighttime, and the ocean had deceived us and put up a fight. The rain pelted down harshly on us and the thunder and lightening didn't help in the least as everyone tried to keep the Black Pearl from sinking. The angered ocean crashed against the ship as I grabbed onto a rope and began tying it back to where it had loosen.

"ADELINE GET BELOW DECK!" I suddenly heard Jack yell and I shook my head.

"I'M TRYING TO HELP, YOU ASS!"

"YOU'RE GOING TO GET FLUNG OVERBOARD!"

"I'LL BE FINE!" I screamed back and continued helping. I began to tie the rope to the other side but I yelped as I suddenly was knocked down by the roughness of the ocean. I rolled over on my back. I was now sprawled out on the deck.

"Adeline!" I heard Tink's screams and I frowned when I saw her. She was trying to get over to me but I was on the other side of the ship. She couldn't even handle her steps as she instantly fell over and Alejandro had to help pick her up. I scowled angerily.

I bloody told them to stay below deck.

It didn't help my emotions when I saw Tiger Lily helping one of the crew members to secure the barrels they had on deck. I suddenly gave a small yelp when sea water got in my eyes.

"Get below deck, Adeline!"

"No!"

"FOR GODS SAKE! DEVIN! GET THE BLOODY PRINCESS INTO MY QUARTERS AND SEE TO IT SHE WON'T COME BACK UP HERE! IF I SEE HER UP HERE AGAIN, I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE YOU WALK THE PLANK!" Jack screeched and suddenly, I felt someone pick me off the ground and I was hoisted over someone's shoulders.

"I COMMAND YOU PUT ME DOWN!"

"Sorry, your highness, captain's orders!" He yelled in my ear and I watched as suddenly, the rain that was pouring down on us disappeared and I knew I was in captain's quarters when I saw the many maps placed up on the wall. The crew member placed me back on the floor and I glared up at him.

He was handsome, possibly the youngest member here. He had long blonde hair that he had in a low ponytail. He had one of his ears pierced and light brown eyes. He had a strong form and I felt myself blushing through my glare.

"Forgive me, princess. I was just following orders." He apologized and instantly I noticed he had a deep Irish accent. It caused me to blush even harder.

Thank god it was dark in here.

I squealed as I felt the ship jerk and I lost my footing. The crew member caught me before I hit the floor.

"Name's Devin, if you didn't catch it the first time, your grace." He said as he set me back on my feet.

"Adeline!" I heard Tinkerbelle exclaim as she suddenly ran towards me, tripping halfway because the boat continued to rock. Alejandro once again helped her to her feet and Tiger Lily walked in afterwards, with weak knees as the motion of the ship was still not still.

Tiger Lily had a scowl on her face as she followed behind.

"I hate the ocean." She said simply and sat down on a chair, a frown on her face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Devin glance nervously at the Indian princess. The look in his eye was familiar. He was intrigued by her. I huffed and crossed my arms.

"How long will this bloody storm last?"

"Not too long now. We have surpassed the worst. It's mild now. We should hit land in 12 hours."

"Alright then. Let's get some sleep."