Chapter 5: Asher

The memory changed again, this time, it was late summer, and Feliciano—who was looking much healthier much to everyone's relief—and Lovino were sleeping together in one of the two beds in their bedroom.

"Vino, Felice! Time to wake up! Breakfast's ready, and I have a surprise for you!" Emma called from the kitchen. The two boys sleepily rubbed their eyes and stretched, before blinking at each other and breaking out into wide grins.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They cried to each other, embracing the other in a hug.

"Ve~ I know this memory!" I said happily, remembering the surprise.

"Si! I was wondering if we'd see this one." Romano grinned, also sounding strangely upbeat.

"It was our 30th birthday. The last memory was when we were 25." I said.

"Oh... You're aging so quickly, though..." England pointed out; his eyebrows converging into one big fuzzy mass in the center of his forehead, making me chuckle a bit.

"We aged much faster before we connected with our nation. In fact, we were about this age physically when our nation connected." I said, gesturing to our current bodies.

"Yeah, a fucking pain in the ass that was. Young adult one moment, and a toddler the next! I fucking shrank! SHRANK!" Romano complained. "Do you know how long it took us to get our coordination right again?! Do you?! And don't even get me started on having to go through puberty again!" Romano yelled.

"Ve~ Lovi~ Calm down, Viva!" Whoops, there goes the Viva tic again...

"Che... Fucking... Wait, where'd the Viva come from?" Romano asked.

"Ve~ I don't remember... It just pops out sometimes~" I covered.

"Hmm... Weird... Hope I don't develop one..."

"You already have—you 'che'." I pointed out.

"Ah, go fuck off." He muttered playfully.

"Ve~ You first~" I counter. Before we could start our bantering, our younger counterparts rushed into the kitchen, and greeted their mother, who was waiting patiently with three plates of breakfast.

"I made your favorite~" She said, "Happy Birthday, boys. You'll get your present when you finish eating."

The two boys ate in record time—while still somehow managing to enjoy their food—before zooming back up to their mother.

"We have a present this year!? What is it?!" Lovino asked, excited.

"Aw~ Roma~ You're so cute~!" Spain said, trying to hug Romano, only for Romano to dodge and move to my other side.

"Che. I told you, fucking Tomato Bastard... Don't call me that!"

"Yeah, momma~ What is it?! Is it another art tool?!" Feliciano asked, also excited.

"Just close your eyes, okay?" The twins obeyed, as Emma walked out of the room to retrieve the gift. She came back in leading... something. The nations couldn't see because of the furniture in the way.

"Okay, boys. Open your eyes." She stated, as the twins' eyes flew open.

"WOW~!" They cried in joy, as they were greeted with the sight of a small, grey wolf pup.

The puppy yipped happily, at the sight of the twins, and jumped on them, licking their faces.

"Is he ours?!" Lovino asked excitedly.