Chapter 24: Luciano Vargas

The next scene faded in, showing Feliciano wondering around a very pretty meadow. The clearing had flowers of all colors swaying gently in the early summer breeze, and the trees towered over the tiny nation, offering shade. Sunlight streamed down through the branches like beams of gold, touching the flowers and making them shimmer.

"Wow! This is beautiful~!" Hungary laughed, twirling around. She'd never seen such a place near Austria's house before!

"It was so nice of Mr. Austria to give me a day off." Feliciano muttered, coming out into the clearing. "Uwa~ So pretty! I'd love to paint some pictures here!" He grinned, twirling around much like Hungary had.

I smiled softly. This was our Meadow. Mine, and Acel's.

Feliciano ended up tiring himself out with his impromptu dancing, and he laid down in the flowers, splayed out to soak up the sunlight. This is such a pretty place. I wish I could show Fratello...

"H-hello?" A new voice, a little deeper than Feli's, called out. It sounded tentative, and unsure.

Feliciano sat up, surveying his surroundings. A light shimmer filled the air next to him, before forming into a near mirror image of the boy. He had fuchsia eyes and the same curl, though his hair was a shade or two darker than Feli's. He wore a maid's dress, as well, though it was a soft blue instead of green.

The transparent figure stared at Feliciano in surprise and suspicion. "Who the fuck are you?" He asked, making Feli chuckle.

"You sound like my brother." He smiled. "I'm Italy! Veneziano Italy! Nice to meet you!"

"What?! But I'm Veneziano Italy." The other one said. "Hold on... Are you... perhaps... my 1P?" He tilted his head.

"Oh! Wait, so you're my 2P?! That's fantastic! I've been wanting to meet you ever since Grandpa Rome told me about you... and..." Feliciano's expression dropped when he mentioned Rome, and so did his 2P's.

"My human name is Luciano. Luciano Vargas."

"Feliciano Vargas. I have a twin brother named Lovino."

"Really? My twin's name is Flavio. He's blonde, for whatever reason, and he's such an annoying piece of shit."

"That's not very nice! You shouldn't say such things about your brother! You're all you have, right? So be nicer." Feli lectured, crossing his arms.

"You're a weird one." Luciano's eyes narrowed like he was trying to figure out a puzzle. "Most people wouldn't talk to me that way."

"Well, I'm your brother, too, right? You're my 2P, and I'm your 1P, so it only makes sense." Feli explained.

"I've never thought of it that way."

"So tell me about yourself. What's your world like?" Feli asked. His eyes sparkled with curiosity.

"Well... It sucks. There's war constantly, and a crap-ton of man-eating monsters. The air is growing more and more acidic by the decade, and there's even been talk of building Domes around the cities to keep fresh air in." He ranted, flopping down on the grass beside his 1P. "Plus, they've separated my brother and I, and I have no idea what to do. I mean, yeah we're immortal, but I'm worried... We've been through a lot and we've never been separated like this before."

"I know what you mean." Feli sighed. He explained about the situation with him and Lovino. "You said you'd been through a lot... Have you seen war?" He looked over to his 2P with wide eyes.

"No... Not like that. People here in this world... the humans know about us nations... We're monsters to them. Unnatural. Lavi and I haven't had it easy. We've been hunted down by our own people... bullied... murdered, even. If Grandfather Rome hadn't come along, we'd still be homeless, hiding in the back alleyways looking over our shoulders for the next attack." He closed his eyes as the nations digested what he'd said.