Chapter 13: First Kill

Chapter 13—First Kill

I woke up beside my fratello, as always. I smiled, feeling actually good today.

You awake, lazy-ass?

Yup. Ready for anther round?

Si.

You sound stressed.

Well, gee. I wonder why. Not like everybody and their fucking mother's watching my goddamned memories right now or anything. I answered sarcastically.

Jesus! Sorry! Damn, what crawled up your ass and died?

My ambition, asshole.

You're no ray of sunshine, either. He quipped. Come on, you'll need me when we get there. That was pretty traumatic, you know.

Gee, ya don't say? You realize that your being there was part of the problem initially, right?

No, I was there as a result of the initial problem. Anyhow, you should probably wake up Sleeping Beauty over there. He chuckled.

"Vino~ Time to wake up~ We overslept a bit, and I can smell Miss Hungary's cooking~" I tempted him. He may never admit it, but he loved Hungary's cooking.

Romano cracked open a deep green eye. "Food?" He mumbled, making sure he heard right. If he was going to put forth the effort to actually climb out of bed he wanted to make sure it was for 'a damn good reason', as he put it.

"Si. Food. Miss Hungary's." I said with a playful smirk. He closed his eye again, before stretching.

"Damnit! I wanted to sleep a bit more!" He said, reaching his arms above his head as he spoke. "Ah, whatever. It's food, so I guess I'll get up." He finally concluded.

I chuckled a bit at my brother's antics. He could be so simple sometimes~ I, too, stretched and got up.

"What memory do you think it'll start with?" Romano asked suddenly. I grimaced at the reminder of the memories.

"I really don't know..."

"You have a feeling don't you?"

"Not one of those feelings, but yes; I have an idea."

"Well?"

"I'm no fortune-teller," Romano snorted. "but so far the memories we've seen are all important memories to who we are. They were events that shaped us into the people we are today. What was the next significant memory of our young life?" I asked him. Romano paled a bit.

"Our first kill..." He muttered.

"Hmm..." I hummed in agreement. "It was my first physical kill, but your first kill regardless. We were both shaken up."

"Yeah, but you kept your head; I nearly lost it." Romano said.

"It wasn't easy. But I considered my first kill the day I received my winter abilities. It helped that I killed them with it. Besides... I don't think my mental state at the time could be considered 'keeping my head'." I reminded him.

"Y-yeah... Let's head down to breakfast. I'm starving!" Romano said, heading out the room and towards the kitchen. I sighed and shook my head.

"What am I going to do with you?" I asked myself with a tiny smile.

By the time we got down to breakfast, most everyone was already there. "You overslept!" France said, "Luckily we saved you some breakfast~"

"Luckily?! Considering the fact that you're watching our fucking memories, I'd say we've earned a fucking breakfast." Romano said.

Memories of Oldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें