Chapter 56: Pointless Arguments

The 'break' could hardly be called that. Three days of people being sicker than shit, and any sight of anything that so much as resembled blood caused a massive relapse. I was bored. So was Yang, which was a bad thing in any situation. Luciano also being bored was yet another problem.

The three of us were the only ones that were completely okay by Day 2. Japan was mostly okay by that point, due to me having suppressed his memories of the event—thank Time—and the 2Ps were mostly recovered by lunch on that same day.

Everyone else? Eh... not so much. And on day 3, I'd gotten to the point of trying to force them to get over it. "Fucker, we'll never get through these Timedamned memories."

"You're telling me. Though it is amusing to see them all so unnerved by pasta." Yang replied mentally with a chuckle.

"Italien... How can you eat pasta after... that?" Germany turned green as I wiped some red sauce off my face.

"You have to remember, while that's the goriest loop I've had, I have had other gore-fest loops. Not to mention the general death, blood, and decay of that hell. To be honest, I'm just used to it by now." I replied easily.

"We could smell it though..." China swallowed down what I was sure was bile.

"And I couldn't? Remember, Luciano and I have eidetic memories—we can't forget... anything." I reminded them. "So while living it a second time was somewhat traumatic, it was no more traumatic than the thousands of other times we've lived through it in our nightmares."

"The smell... the sight... the sound... the feel of the hot blood splattering our faces and arms... the taste of the iron in the air..." Luciano shuddered. "We can never forget those cursed memories." The room was quiet, and the nations had somewhat guilty looks on their faces. I knew they were beating themselves up over 'being so weak', but honestly... what did they expect? They were only learning this for the first time...

"I think I'm honestly grateful, though." I admitted aloud.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Without it, we would've taken a lot longer." Luciano agreed.

"Or surrendered." Yang chimed in.

"Don't even joke about that." I felt an icy chill run down my spine.

"I came close, once..." Luciano closed his eyes for a moment, and I shot him a startled look.

"You... almost... surrendered?" I stared, slack-jawed.

"It wasn't my proudest moment." He admitted.

"I helped." Yang bumped his shoulder.

"Only because you're an insufferable pile of steaming snow-shit who doesn't know how to do anything other than rile other people up." Luciano argued back.

"But riling you up saved you." Yang shot back, causing Luciano to fall silent.

"Surrender? To whom?" England tilted his head, confused.

"Er..."

"You can't say?" Japan ventured a guess.

"Si." Luciano and I spoke in sync.

"I suppose... Perhaps getting back to the memories would be a good idea?" Hungary hesitantly spoke up, unsure of how the group would react.

"It's only been three days!" Austria argued.