Chapter 51: Survivor's Anger

The next scene opened up to show Feliciano, Kiku, and Ludwig asleep in the Fireplace Room, while Gilbert was nodding off at the table. Ve... Feliciano looked like he was half-awake, himself. He shifted, trying to get more comfortable, when he accidentally knocked something off the bed. The loud clatter made Gilbert, who was almost asleep, jump.

"AH!" He yelped, "I'm awake!" He defended. Once he determined that there was no threat, he relaxed. "Ah... someone just knocked something off the bed. He stood up and stretched. "Good thing nobody noticed that... I can't be caught sleeping on my Awesome Watch, after all!" He smirked, but there were dark bags under his eyes. "Though I don't understand why I'm so tired." He huffed.

"You do look fairly exhausted. I don't think I've seen you look this bad since wartime..." Austria noted idly.

"I see... Yes, it's the time travel!" England realized, as Oliver rolled his eyes.

"You're only now piecing that together, darling?" He smirked at his brother.

"Hush, you!" England glared, causing Oliver to giggle. "At any rate, the time travel exhausts everyone involved, whether they're aware of it or not... Italy was aware of his exhaustion, but the rest of us weren't. It was so subtle that we never consciously recognized it as such, but the toll of the Magick plus the sudden humanization... It's no wonder everyone's sleeping so deeply, and why Prussia was so exhausted."

"That makes sense... I remember that it was damn near impossible to keep my eyes open!" Prussia huffed.

The scene fast forwarded a bit, showing Gilbert using several techniques to keep himself awake. He looked ready to nod off again, when the door handle rattled violently.

"Aiyaa... It's a good thing you had that key." China shuddered.

"It's not what you think." I sighed.

"Huh?" Russia's eyes narrowed. "He is right. I do not think this is the Thing."

"What? But what else could it be?" Prussia argued, as his past self gripped his sword tightly.

"I won't die! Sweet victory goes to the one who makes the first move! Go to hell!" He cried out as he whipped open the door and swung.

On the other side, was Francis, not the Thing. And too exhausted from his watch, Gilbert was unable to pull back his strength on his attack.

Francis cried out in pain as his arm was severed from his body, and the nations watched in horror, Prussia, especially.

"You... my arm?" France paled, gripping his right arm.

"F-France?!" Gilbert was pale, and he looked at his friend in horror. "W-what?! Why?"

"P-Prussia?!" Francis looked to be in great pain, but he was also rather annoyed. "You attacked me!" He glared.

"No time, get inside before that Thing comes back."

"That... 'Thing'? What thing?" Francis tilted his head, confused. Gilbert shook his head and dragged the Frenchman inside, locking the door tightly once more.

"What is going on?" Francis demanded.

"Huh? What'dya mean!? You've been here longer than us, so you've surely met that monster by now, right?" Gilbert got out the first aid kit. Unfortunately, with their limited medical supplies, there was no reattaching Francis' arm.

"Forget it. I'll just have to wait until it grows back." Francis sighed. "And what do you mean?! What the hell are you doing here?!" He glared at his friend.