Chapter 9: Saving a Brother

"A miracle, aru?" China asked, awed. The nations kept staring between Romano and I and our younger selves in shock.

"Maybe I should convert to Catholicism?" Someone muttered, but I couldn't tell who it was through my sniffles.

"Lovi... I didn't realize that..." I trailed off, Romano also staring in shock.

"So this was when you first accessed it... So young, too. I couldn't do that for a few more centuries, at least." He muttered to me.

"Do what, if I may?" Japan asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

"Ah... It'll come up later. We won't be able to explain it well right now, so please just be patient." I said, a teasing smile on my face. The others sighed in reluctant acceptance. Though I really don't think it'll actually come up, but now, at least, they won't ask about it.

What was that, anyways?! You really expect me to believe that you're an angel or a saint or some bullshit like that?

What, you don't believe me? We've met a literal demon, after all.

I know you.

Fair enough. It was an early manifestation of my raw Magick.

But I thought you didn't have the Old Magick until...?

Oh, I had it. I just had no idea how to use it. If I didn't have it, I probably wouldn't have been able to use those Ryuuzu spells.

I see... So you can't explain that because...

Exactly.

"But... I thought I was the only nation-Angel..." England muttered to himself in disappointment.

The memory sped up to morning. Lovino was just waking up. "Huh...? Feliciano...?" He asked, his voice already sounding stronger.

"V-Vino?! You're okay?! How do you feel?! Are you sore?! Do I need to go get mom?! Are you weak?! Headache?! Water! You're probably thirsty! I need to get you some water! Where's the water?! Fuck!" Feliciano started freaking out, running around the room. Neither twin noticed Emma peeking in through the door to their room.

"Feliciano!" Lovino finally cried out, making Feliciano freeze mid-step, a comical expression of anxiety and confusion on his face.

"Yes, Lovi?" He asked innocently.

"I'm fine. I don't know what the hell's going on, but I'm fine." He assured his frantic little brother.

"But... maybe the bite wasn't that bad? You're sure you're fine...? You're really fine...?" Feliciano slowly walked over to the bed, tears ready to stream down his face again.

"I'm sure... I felt like death warmed over yesterday... I'm perfectly fine now. I don't know why... Maybe some miracle..." Lovino trailed off as he found himself with an armful of Feliciano.

"I'M SO GLAD!! You're Alive! Thank God!" Feliciano cried out, beyond relieved. He was shaking. "Don't you ever, EVER, scare me like that, again, okay?! EVER! I don't want to lose you... never... Okay...?" Feliciano said, refusing to let go of his brother as they snuggled under the covers together.

"Never... I promise." Lovino stated. I hid my half-wince half-scoff. You don't know it, Fratello... But at some point, you've broken every promise you've made to me...

Someone's in a mood.

You're a mood.

...What?