Chapter 45: Forgiveness

Romano had been avoiding me, and it was starting to piss me off. I understood why; he was ashamed of his past self's actions. That was fine, but he couldn't even stand being in the same room as me.

I sat down on the couch, Luciano and Yang by my side. We had a plan. I nodded to the two, and fell into an easy meditative stance, relaxing my body and evening out my breathing. I then allowed my Link with Yang to open fully, and I shadowed him. I was now in his body, looking at things through his eyes. I knew his icy-blue orbs now had golden flecks, but a quick glamour hid that.

All right. He's up in his room. Let's go. We walked upstairs and turned a left. We stopped at the third bedroom on the right, and knocked.

"Romano? It's Yang."

"I don't want to... talk to a bastard like you!" He sniffled, and we knew he was probably trying not to cry.

"Open up, or I pick the lock. Those are your fucking options." Yang twitched.

There was silence for a moment before we heard him shuffle to his feet and unlock the door. "Thank you." Yang stated, surprising me.

You're not normally one for manners...

Sue me! Even I can be polite sometimes!

Yang entered the room and locked the door behind him, throwing up a magical sound barrier so nobody would hear it if it escalated to yelling and fistfights.

"What the hell do you want?" Romano asked, and I got a good look at him. His eyes were so dark that it looked a midnight forest green, and there were so many conflicting emotions whirling around in them, that I couldn't even begin to name them all.

"You're being such an arrogant asshole, you know that?" Yang crossed his arms and raised a single snowy white brow. His expression said he could care less, and we both knew it would only piss off Romano—which was our plan.

"Well excuse me for trying to come to terms with the fact that I apparently betrayed my own twin brother in the worst possible way for reasons I can't understand!" He yelled, getting more furious by the minute.

"Well, it was your own fault. I mean, you didn't even believe him when he spoke because your stupid lie detector was busted. You really shouldn't rely on that so much."

"You think I have a choice?! I never learned to tell lies and truth without it!!" Romano hissed.

"Oh, so you're an asshole and stupid? That explains a lot."

"You're gettin' real close to my fist in your face, Yang. This shit all started with you, you know." Romano warned, fire licking his clenched fist.

"You think I don't know that? But here's the difference between you and me." He leaned in closely, his lips just an inch from Romano's ear. "I apologized. I owned up to what I did. You're running away, just like your brother did the First Time." He quickly jumped back, dodging the flaming fist that would've connected with his face.

"SHUT UP!" Romano yelled, absolutely furious.

"NO! I will not shut up just because you don't want to hear the truth!" Yang screamed back.

"YOU'RE A LIAR!!"

"No. The only liar here is you, you bastard!" Yang snarled. "Do you have any idea how much you're hurting Yi-Feliciano right now?!" Yang dodged another fist, barely saving his curl from the flames.