Chapter 43: Bloody Pranks

The nations stood there, still trying to allow the scene we'd just witnessed to process. "Well, that sucked." Jason said nonchalantly.

"Hey, asshole!" Canada glared at his brother's 2P. "Think you could maybe be a little more sensitive?!"

"Ooh, I think I felt a nice, gentle breeze just now."

"I'll show you a gentle breeze." He glared back, but America stepped between the two.

"Guys, break it up." Markus helped America, as each one held back their respective other.

"People say we're bad." I muttered to Luciano, who nodded absently.

When the next scene faded in, I immediately recognized the Loop. Feliciano was trailing behind Matthew and Gilbert, and he looked distinctly uncomfortable.

"Hey, Ita, what do you think? Did America really come here with Germany?" Gilbert asked without looking back.

Feliciano took a moment to react. Oh! He must be talking to me! His thoughts echoed, sounding oddly... younger somehow. "O-oh, um... I think so." What kind of name is America and Germany? Or Prussia and Canada?! These poor saps... their parents must've been hippies or something.

"The fuck does that mean?!" Markus glared. "You got a problem with my name?"

"It wasn't an insult." I corrected. "I had complete amnesia." I chuckled. "This is Loop 212. I'd lost all my memories and thought you all were absolutely batshit crazy, believing yourselves to all be immortal nations. I really thought that perhaps we'd all escaped from a mental institute or something and that this place had snapped me back to sanity."

"That's terrifying." Romano gulped.

"Could you imagine if he'd escaped without his memories?" Luciano raised an eyebrow.

"Please don't." I shivered. "It's somewhat amusing because it was relatively harmless, but if I'd really gotten out in such a state, I'm not sure what anyone could've done to fix my memories. As it was, I only knew what I did because I read everything I'd written down in my Journal."

The scene faded out again, before fading back in. Feliciano was walking with Kiku and Yao, this time.

These people don't seem to fear death. It makes me feel so weak and cowardly in comparison. The blonde with glasses, America—seriously, why are they named after nations?! It makes no sense! What were their parents thinking?!—is freakishly strong, and the blonde with thick eyebrows seems confident in his magic. Since when is magic even real?! But this journal claims that I, too, can use it.

Luciano laughed at Feliciano's thoughts. "Your thoughts can really be amusing, you know."

"I suppose they are." I chuckled.

"Italy?" Yao suddenly asked.

"Yes, China?" He replied, sounding a little too formal. How am I supposed to avoid suspicion with these 9 people, when I don't even remember them?!

"You do have a point. That'd be very hard." China nodded his head.

Apparently, I have a twin brother named Romano. Italy Romano. If Italy is our last name, then why does everyone call me by it? Perhaps they're closer to Romano than they are me? Isn't it some sort of Asian custom or something to call acquaintances and strangers by their last names? Maybe they're all from Asia? And I'm not actually that close to them? Should I call them by their last names? Wait! I don't know their last names! ACK! Feliciano started mentally freaking out, as Luciano just lost his shit and started cracking up.