Chapter 47: Ill-Fated Vacation

As the memory faded back in to show the Meeting Place, Romano turned towards me and yelped, startled. I tilted my head, confused. "Ve? Fratello, what's wrong?"

The others turned to see what the fuss was, and several of them gasped in shock. "A-aiyaa...." China's eyes were wide, shining with guilt.

I looked at Yang with confusion, and he snickered as he tapped his left eye. "You dropped the Glamour, remember?"

"But I dropped that yesterday!" I complained.

"Yes, and most everyone was dealing with a hangover." Luciano pointed out.

"So..." I turned to the group. "This is my eye-scar. Stare at it now, and get it out of your system." I deadpanned. Many flushed in embarrassment.

"It looks terrible..." France muttered. Even Louis winced when he got a good look. Asher whimpered and licked my hand.

"I'm sorry... You should never have been hurt that way..." He whined lowly. I just chuckled and scratched him behind the ear.

"Ve... so it's just past this town?" Feliciano's chipper voice drew everyone's attention. Feliciano, himself, seemed off. Like his smile wasn't quite right, and his eyes were still rather cold.

"This must've been relatively close to... erm... the last memory." China noted.

"Si. If I remember correctly, which I'm sure I do, this is Loop 355." I winced a bit.

"What happened?" Luciano asked, catching the expression.

"Er... well, let's just say I wasn't quite over what had happened." I muttered.

"Oh! This is that one?!" Yang laughed, earning himself a glare from me.

"You know..." Feliciano spoke up, looking at Alfred, Francis, and Ivan. "Why don't you three go on ahead? I'll catch up with you." He smiled, and the three shared surprised looks.

"What's up, man?" Alfred asked, confused.

"Ve... I'm a little scared, and need some time alone to pluck up the courage to go." Feliciano admitted. "But don't worry! I'll catch up!" He grinned. "But I saw a gelato stand, and I think it sounds really good~!"

"All right." Alfred grinned. "We'll see you later, then!" He waved as he led the other two nations towards the Mansion. As soon as they were out of sight, Feliciano's smile vanished, leaving behind a stone-faced pessimist.

"Time, that was getting on my nerves." He spat, glaring in the direction of the three. "Now... Since I've essentially thrown this loop..." He smirked, looking around. "What to do, what to do? I think 355 loops has earned me at least one loop's worth of vacation time~" He grinned, skipping off towards the town's busier shopping area.

"You... left them to the Mansion to fend for themselves?" Luciano stared at me in disbelief.

"You of all people should understand that I needed a Timedamned break." I sent him a mild glare.

"Believe me, I know how that feels." Luciano amended. "But I just didn't expect you to take one so soon, that's all."

"Well imagine what I was feeling. Just over a hundred loops ago, they'd abandoned and betrayed me." I stated callously, ignoring the winces of the nations around me. "If there was ever a time to take a break and throw a loop like that, it'd be in the time thereafter."

"I don't blame you." America spoke up suddenly. "After all that death and bloodshed... I would've gone mad. I don't know how you did it, but thank you." He smiled.