1

I see myself sitting in the living room, playing with my dolls

I see myself sitting in the living room, playing with my dolls. I mimic their voices, pretending to have a conversation with them. I see Mom and Dad run into my bedroom, fear are in their eyes. I become confused and worry about them. I never see my parents like this.

"Paige," Mom crouch down to face me, her wolf's golden eyes looking back at me. "You need to hide. Now."

I nod and get up, leaving my friends behind. My little legs move towards to the back of the hall next to the living room. There, a black and green round rug hides a secret escape tunnel. I lift the rug and my hand find the handle. Pulling it up, the nose catching earthly smells of damp dirt and moss. I slide my body under the tiny door and shut it, letting go of the door.

I climb down the ladder and decided to wait for a bit. After a few minutes of death silence, I pick up a sound. I head Dad growling and snarling at someone and this stranger is chuckling.

"Mine, look what you got yourself into." The stranger says. "Where is she?"

"You've already killed her." Dad snarls. "You killed the last she-wolf."

"Now, now. Let's not play games." He warns, his voice's lowering. "Where is your daughter?"

"I never have one. Got a miscarriage."

"...You lie!"

There's crashing and thumping noises and I jump from the loud sudden volume. Tears unconsciously run down my cheeks and I wipe them away.

Paige, we need to go. Now! My wolfie tells me and I obey. I start to run in the escape tunnel, my gasps echoing off the walls. My feet stomp on the hard ground. I feel my heart tears and it hurt bad. My parents are dead because of me. It's all my fault that I'm the last she-wolf now...

All of my life, I have been hiding from the males in order to keep myself alive. I alway stay out of the packs' ways, alway hiding in the shadows and the dark. I live a place that's very private, no one knows that little island. I'm pretty lucky that I found that island because there's a lot males out there, searching for something rare. There's rumor that a last female wolf is around and that last female is me.

I put up my dark brown hair up in a ponytail, cover my pale skin in dirt, and look at myself in the mirror with my bright blue eyes. The dirt covers some of the freckles I have on my skin. I also patted the dirt on my black shirt, black jeans, and my black combat boots. They are dirty, but that'll cover my scent from the males and animals. That's how no one find me. Even though the island I'm on is far away from the lands, the wind can carry my scent at long distance and I don't want to risk having one of them catch my smell. My wolf, Liliann, whimpers, I feel there's something bad is going to happen.

"You always says that, Lily. Nothing is going to happen, trust me." I reply.

But Paige, I can feel that our mate's here.

"Honey, we have no mate. We can't trust no one." I scoff and with that, I cut her off from my mind.

I walk out of my wooden cabin with mossy roofs, carrying my bow, arrows, and a hiking bag. The forest greets me, smelling the wonderful fresh air mixed with old pine trees. I take a deep breath, taking in the beautiful rays of sunlight breaking through the long branches of the tall trees. A gentle breeze brings warmth and I know a storm will come soon. I stroll in the woods, my eyes roaming around the surroundings. I hear a branch snap and I look at that direction as I crouch down. I see a male deer, munching on a piece of bark from the white trees. I carefully climb on the tree next to me to get a better shot, the bark scratching my hands, but I ignore the stinging pain as I continue on. When I find a good sturdy branch to sit on, I take out my bow and draw my arrow near it.

I set the silver tip facing the deer's chest, holding on the soft feathered end of the arrow. I take a deep breath and slowly let go. The arrow flies beautifully towards the deer and it strikes his chest.

Perfect shot, I thought.

I climb down the tree after I swing my bow back on my shoulder. I land on the earthy floor, heading toward the dead deer laying very still. I smell metallic blood and I smile with proudness. My parents would be very proud of me. Then, I sadly look down at the deer. I miss my family so much that I wish I could bring them back to life. But there's no way of bringing them back.

I pick up the deer and swing it over my fit arms and shoulders, having no problems lifting the very heavy and perfect buck. I was about to start walking when I hear a long howl. My heart drops like a ship sinking, my eyes widening with fear, and panic creep into my chest. No, that can't happen. No.

I take off running, carrying the deer with me. I hear another howl and I run faster, not wanting to fall in the hands of a stranger. Or worse, mate. I don't want to have a mate since I'm a last female wolf. I can take care of myself and I have since I was a little child. I taught myself to be independent and mature woman, don't need a man to save me from destruction. A cabin comes in my view and I rush in. I shut the door after I drop the deer in the living room, not caring if blood will stain the fur covered floor. I lock the front door and go in my bedroom. I shut and lock my door, and start to look for more dirt. I alway keep a bowl full of dirt in every room in my cabin, just in case for emergency.

I find the dirt bowl next to my bed on the table end, covering myself in more dirt. Then, I cover myself in many different kinds of animal furs and I lay down, looking at the wooden walls, my picture frame over my bed, a bathroom, my dresser, and my small closet full of handmade weapons that I have made from many years of being here.

I hear the howl, closer to where my cabin is at. I tense, trying to calm down my pounding heart and the panic in my chest. I start to pray. Please, Moon Goddess, please don't let them find me. I'll do anything for you to keep them away. Then, I got a answer.

You must let him find you. A soft silky female voice answers my prayer and I feel her disappears from my mind.

No, I can't. I thought. I'm not ready.

I hear a loud bang, realizing that someone have broken my door and comes into my cabin. I cover myself in more fur blankets, trying my hardest to cover my scent. I feel very hot from the blankets and I want to get out of them so bad, but I can't since there's someone in here. I don't want him to find me.

I heard a growl and I tense. It sounded like it is in my room. I shut my eyes, trying to block out my wolf's chantings.

Mate! Mate! Mate! She chants loudly.

Stop that! I scream at her.

Suddenly, I feel the blankets are being ripped off me and I sit up quickly, holding my pocketknife up to protect myself. I see a beautiful wolf, his brown fur matches with his bright green eyes. And they start to turn to black.

Mate! Liliann screams and I want to shake my head.

No, I can't have a mate. I'm a last and only female. Why I must have a mate? I don't want a mate and so maybe I can reject him.

Panic gets worse, making me get dizzy and slowly lose conscious. Right before I pass out, I hear a voice that makes me melt, "I'll protect you..."

Alright, what happened here? Who's her mate? Why did the Moon Goddess told Paige to let her mate find her? Song: She-Wolf (Falling To Pieces) by David Guetta ft. Sia. She has such a beautiful voice. Vote, comment, share. Thanks.
~Ghostwolf1999
Edited: November 2, 2020