4

"Here we are

"Here we are. New York City, baby!" Skywar says excitedly and I shake my head shortly before she sees me doing that. I wonder why she's so excited about going to New York. Maybe it's her hometown or something.

"Come on, darling. Let's go!" She have to call me that since she's going to pretend she's my mother. Some people stare at us as we walk into the airport to get out luggages (I don't know how she got them, but she told me that'll keep people from getting suspicious) and exit out to find our ride. We stand near the pick up lane which is busy with many people rushing in, carrying their travel bags out of the taxi cars, talking on their phones, yelling and so on. I never thought New York would be that busy, it's far more then I thought it would be.

"Our ride is here." Sky says, pointing at the yellow car with a board on top that says Taxi. We walk to the car to meet a man with our names on the paper. He looks handsome in his white shirt, jeans, brown shoes, his black hair is pulled back in a small ponytail, his dark brown eyes watch us warmly, matching with his chocolate skin. As we approach, he says warmly, "Hello, Skywar and welcome back to New York City. And who you might be?"

The last question is for me and I share a look with Sky. She nods and I answer, "I'm Paige."

"Nice to meet you, Paige. Let me take your luggages and I'll take you two to a nice hotel."

And with that, he grabs our luggages, puts them in the back of the car, and opens the doors for us to go in. I sit in the back while Sky sits in the front next to the driver. It smells nice in here, smelling the sweet scent of vanilla. I wonder how he knows Sky. Maybe they're friends or he gives her rides many times that he knows her.

"Oh, I forgot you didn't know me." The driver claims. "I'm Luis, by the way. And I'm a good friend of Skywar here."

"He's a human, but he knows all about the supernatural world. And so, he doesn't spill the secrets which I think of him as a good friend for me to keep some of the secrets that almost nobody knows."

"Oh. Do you know why I'm here?" I ask him, wondering if he does or he doesn't know.

"Well, there's rumor that a last she-wolf is out here somewhere, hiding from her mate." He looks over the seat and smiles. He knows! "And you're her, the last she-wolf on a run with her fairy godmother which she happens to be witch, hiding from her mate that she's afraid to start the war."

I gape at him, thinking that's unbelievable. How did he know all of this stuff?

"To tell you the truth," Sky says. "I don't even tell him any of this stuff. Right, Luis?"

"Yep. You see, I know everything." He replies.

"What's my mate name? And what pack is he in?" I ask him.

"Your mate is Leo and he's close to becoming Alpha of his father's pack which is called Brokentrees Pack."

I drop my jaw again. So, my mate's name is Leo and he will be an Alpha soon in his father's pack.

Leo. That name sounds so familiar to me. I wonder where I had heard it from. I shrug, pushing away the thoughts and I look out of the windows to see many extremely tall buildings, many people walking around with bags, phones, and so on. There's so many fast food places in every building, alway full of humans.

I will be safe here for now...

Leo: (A/N surprise!)

I scream as anger flows in my body and I punch the dark wall in anger. My eyes go red and I run out of the pack house, changing into my brown wolf. My bones crack and pop, the thick fur grow on my skin, and my senses sharpen. I growl, running on my fours in the forest, and my wolf speaks to me.

Leo, calm down. My wolf, Darren, speaks in my mind. We'll find her. You just have to be patient.

I can't! I scream to him. I really need her here with me right now! I had found my mate and now she's gone!

No. He claims strictly. She's alive. I can still feel her wolf's heart beats. She may be gone, but she's still somewhere far away from us.

I stop before the cliff where my mate had jumped off a day ago. I sit down, panting, the color red is slowing fainting away as my normal sight comes back. I whimper, hoping I'll see my mate here. Hoping for her to come back in my arms and beg me to protect her which I had broken my promise that I made for myself. I can't protect my mate.

I sigh, looking at the sunset. The sky is orange combining with pink, the clouds is soft pink. A gentle ocean breeze blows at my fur, bringing the salty smell in the air along with the warmth air. I deeply breath in the breeze, trying to calm myself down.

Then, I catch a scent of my mate. A fainted smell of roses and honey, hidden in the salty air. I sniff some more, following the trail from the cliff down to a sandy ground where there's a big rock sitting alone. The scent gets stronger and I smell someone else.

Fire smoke with evergreen. My heart suddenly drops, realizing that someone is helping her escaping from me. Someone that's powerful enough to do anything to hide my mate.

Skywar.

Why would she be helping this girl of mine? Is she willing to hide my mate away from me where I might never will find her? Why is she doing this to me? That girl is my mate. Hm, there must be a reason why. I know Skywar all of my life; she's even my great-great-great grandfather's healer and pack's witch. Still, why is she helping my mate to run away from me?

Guys, I found the scent of that person. I mind-link my warriors. We'll leave first thing in the morning.

Yes, Leo. They reply and I close the mind-link. I cannot let them know that that girl is my mate. I don't jealously to happen between us when I get her. I look at the sunset again, thinking about what I'll do when I find my mate. When I find her, I'll make sure she'll have to understand that we have to be together. I'll become an Alpha once I bring her back and she'll be my Luna and that'll make me the most respectful leader. If the boys try to touch my mate, I will torture them, or even worse. I'll have to protect her, this time she won't run away from me.

I turn around and run back to the pack house. I see some of the boys standing outside, training with a pack trainer. I watch them for awhile, observing them as they run, fight against each other, and more. I suddenly smirk as a great idea pops up in my head. I lightly chuckle as I make my way to my house with my father.

My mate will run away from them...

Comment, vote, share. Thanks.
~Ghostwolf1999
Song: Strange Young World by Hidden Citizens X Rånya
Edited: December 2, 2018