18

Oh, Paige... I wish there's another way to save you from dying, but there isn't. I have to do this without your permission in order to keep you from death's grip. I hope you'll forgive me once you wake up.

Please my sweetheart, wake up. It has been two days without you awake to be with me. I'm worried sick about you and I couldn't sleep. It's too hard knowing that you're in the darkness and frozen in place. It's unbearable for me, you know?

Sweetheart... I don't know if you can hear this, but... I need you. Badly. This is killing me... Just at least move your finger. That's all I'm asking for... Do it again... Paige... You're coming back! Move your other fingers... Try your hand...

Try opening your eyes... I know you can do it. Just try. I know it's hard, but you gotta wake up. I can't stand this anymore. Just... Open... Your... Eyes...

My eyes slowly flutter and shut again. I force myself to open them a little more and the bright light almost blinded me. I wince and I hear a rough raspy voice speaking, "Sorry, I'll lower the light."

The light dims and I open them halfway. Then, I finally open them fully, seeing the boy before the bed that I'm laying on carefully watching me with worries and fear. His dark brown hair were greasy and messy. His eyes seem to be dull with bags under them. He says, "How are you, sweetheart?"

I didn't answer, instead I try to push myself up, but I cry out when I feel the sharp pain shooting through in my side. Leo rushes to my side and gently pushes me back down, sending sparks and shocks on my bare arm. I lay down and grabs his hand when he tries to leave my side. He turns around and meets my eyes. I can feel his sadness mixed with happiness. It's like they're fighting over to control his feelings.

"Stay." That's all I can say with my dried up throat.

He nods and carefully lays down by me, our bodies' touching each other. His warmth helps me relax, comforting me with his heat. I lay my head on his chest, listening to the gentle beats of his heart. I feel his arms wrapping me and pulls me closer to him. He softly purrs, "There's something that I should tell you."

"Hm?" I close my hand on his, feeling the needs to touch him.

"I marked you." He claims and I didn't object. I should hear why he did that. "It was the only way to save you. You had lost a lot of blood and your bones were messed up badly. The pack doctor told me that marking you is the only way to save you. I have no other chose, but to mark you while you're in coma. I thought I had lost you forever. I just got you back and I don't want to lose you again.

I understand why you had to do that." He continues, stroking my hair with his other hand. "You were afraid because you're the last female on this very planet. You're not sure if you'll be safe with me. You just ran away and turns out you keep on running into more dangers. But at least, you solved them. You had killed the Shadow King and scared away the Shadowmen.

I'm glad you're mine. You're the most powerful creature on earth with the legendary Norsewolf beast in you. No one will take you away now."

He inhales in my scent and sighs. I take this chance to say something.

"Im sorry..." I start and he meets my eyes with his dark evergreen eyes. "For leaving you and hurting you... You're right. I was afraid to be with someone that I just met. And I'm the only female. I thought everyone want me and that's why I had been hiding. I had run into new people and dangers. At least, I had learned a little more about the supernatural side of the world. I now know that we're not the only one that's the supernatural. There's vampires. There's witches. There's dark magic people.

And... I'm done hiding from this reality. I want to go out and explore as I learn new things. I want to be your side. I'm glad you marked me to save me from dying. I don't want that to be awkward."