29

Leo's POV:

Alpha, we have a problem. Gregg mind-links me and I sigh, rubbing my eyes with my forefinger and thumb. Actually, I think we have more than just one problem,

What's that, Gregg? I ask mentally. What is it this time? Kyter and Crow can't go back to the vampire's lair? Another enemy? This is making me nuts and tiresomely. All I wanted is sleep and now, I must get up to see the what the problems is. I push myself off the bed, feeling the bones in me popping from being still for too long. I only have gotten a small nap here and there, yet still tired without mate being so close to me. Without her warmth and that sweet smells. I miss her badly.

Leo, we're having another attack! Gregg yells with a small hint of fear in his tone and I groan. Really? Again? And they brought bigger numbers. We can try to beat them, but we'll lose huge numbers of wolves. Or we can use the emergency escapes and hopefully get to somewhere safe for a few days. What should we do, Alpha?

I sit down on the bed and use my hand to support my head as I rest my elbow on my knee. What should we do? If we fight against the blood thirsty vampires, we might will lose huge numbers of our warriors, including the other packs' warriors. We might can defeat them, but the loss would be terrible. If we use the escape tunnels, there's chances they could follow our scents or blood drops and they'll somehow catch up to our packs again. I don't that to happen. I don't want to have the vampires kill innocents lives just to get me killed. I'm their biggest target ever since I had mated with Paige and completes the bond.

Get them ready for war. That's all I have to say to my Beta.

I stand up and walk over to my dresser. I pull out the bottom to reveal armors that I haven't wore yet. I take out my black vest with thin dark ropes on each side to tighten if it's too loose. I grab a thick black jean with many pockets on each side of my legs and slide them on, feeling the soft material hugging on my skin. I put on my black combat boots. I find some weapons and I slide a few knifes in my pant pockets, an axe on across my back, and a long silver sword on my hip.

Silver don't have that much affect on vampires, but they sure can damage their muscles well and will leave nasty scars. My blacksmith always makes sure to cover up the silver handle with thick leathers to keep my hands from getting burned. He's sure a good blacksmith.

I make my way out of the building, hearing the soft sliding of my sword against my pant. My blacksmith, Youg, makes good clothing as well. He can makes our clothes thick and almost unable to be torn apart by sharp objects as well vampires' teeth and claws. I'm glad to have Youg on our side. Course he's a goblin and always hates the vampires, he decided to on the werewolves' side.

I see Gregg along with our warriors and the other packs' warriors and I got to say, he looks mighty and cold in his black armor. We're all wearing the same kind of armor expect the other packs which they wear all different kind of colors. Dark Blood pack are bloody red, Maroon Creek are maroon, Silver Snow are pearly white, and many others in many different colors.

The Alphas walk up to me, Derik from Dark Blood, Alexander from Maroon Creek, and Wester from Sliver Snow and the others surround me, waiting for my command. Even the Alpha King, stands by my side and gives a nod to let me know his pack is ready and await for a word.

"Alphas, Betas, and packs from all around the world," I say loudly as I can. I feel the ground below us rumbles and I can tell the heavy feet are in the woods.- "Today is the day we must end this! This is war right here!" -I see their eyes filling up with excitement and nervousness.-"We're not fighting for land. We're not fighting for blood. We're not fighting to kill or for war. We're fighting to save ourselves, our families, our packs, our Betas, and our Alphas. We're fighting to end the war that the mad vampire had started. Today... We're going to end this, once and for all."

They cheer and howl, almost blocking out the sounds of vampires growling and snarling. I turn around to see a few already heading towards us and there will be more within seconds. I breathe in the woodsy smell and feel my wolf in me, giving me strength and speed.

"GO!" I pump my fist in the air and we all start to run toward our enemies. Everything seem to be in chaos and hate. Our weapons soon meet our enemies, sharp silver metal slicing and cutting through their limps and hearts. I draw out my axe and I roar of battle, my legs running through the battle field. My heart pound in my chest, feeling the adrenaline pumping though my blood and veins. Blood fills the air in my nose and I didn't resist to breathe it in.

I hope today we'll end this madness.

I swing my axe toward one of the attacking foe that's distracted by my warriors and it cut cleanly through his neck. His head rolls away as his body falls with blood leaking out. I draw out my sword with my left. I'll have to fight with two, then.

My ears pick up movement behind me and I whip around, lifting my sword to drag it across the vampire's stomach. Guts and blood heavily pour out and he falls on his knees, his hands grasping the guts. His eyes roll back and his body finally falls.

I feel a body against my back and I feel the powerful area surrounding me. It's Derik, protecting my back as I protect his. I swipe at the incoming enemy with my axe and it cut through his upper right arm down to the left side of his hip. He drops like a rag doll. I hear Derik growls and his sword flying through the air above us. A heavy body fall beside us, making the ground shakes along with the fast pacing footsteps and falling bodies.

"Looks like we're stuck together, Leo." Derik says after pushing off the vampire with red hair. Derik is a large man, bigger and taller than me. He has inky black hair and brilliant ice, cold blue eyes that seem to freeze you at your spot. He smells of blood, dirt and smoke. For whatever reason, he smells good in these scents. "We're gonna have to have each other's back."

"Don't worry," I grin, swiping my sword at the tall vampire. "I got your back."

"Let's end this war. I'm tired of it already." He claims and what he says next surprise me. "I don't think I'll have a mate for some years."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask, cutting the vampire's arm with my sword and another vampire's leg with my axe.

"For whatever reason, my wolf is telling me to stay by you. And he's acting like you're a very important person on earth to him. He's telling me that you'll bring happiness and light to me, but I don't know what. He told me we won't have a mate until seventeen years come and we'll find her. I have no idea, honestly. I think my wolf is trying to make me positive and focus in this war."

Hm, what exactly he means by that? Are we having some kind of strange bond that I can't feel, but him? As I think, I miss the incoming vampire and he tackles me to the ground. I hear Derik yells out, but his words got drown out by my attacker. I lost both of my weapons and I try to reach my knife, but he scratches my hands and draws out his knife. His bloody nails cover up most of the handle and the knife shines silver. I bring up both of my hands and wraps around the blade as he tries to push it down to my heart. I hiss and growl as the sliver burn my skin. Darren howls of pain, yet continuing giving me strength and energies.

Is it how I'm going to die? This is how I'm going to be killed, taken a silver knife in my chest and ending my life once and for all? This is not how I want to die. I want to grow old and see my future children have future grandchildren running around on my land. I want to grow old and watch my mate grow old too. I'll tell her she's beautiful in every age and remind her of our memories. The thoughts of us make my body warm up as hot blood runs freely down my hands to my chest. I grit my teeth and keep on pushing the knife, the point a few inches away from where my heart lays.

Paige. I feel her in my mind and soul now. I can feel her heart beats rapidly. I can sense her thoughts. Kill him. Kill him. It repeats like a broken record and I know who she's thinking about. She's going to kill that mad white-haired vampire and hopefully end this.

Hurry up, Paige.

Will Leo survives or will he falls? Paige is the only hope ending this war and so, will she be able to kill the white-haired vampire? Let me know what you think of this. So, I'm glad I got this done. I had been trying to write this chapter in a few of my classes (luckily I did not get in trouble since there's nothing going on). So, here you go. This song is called Kill by Moth (Ironhide Remix) and it should match with his chapter.
Comment and vote, thanks.
~Ghostwolf1999