21

"Is it true? He's kidnapping the female wolves?" I ask Crow as she hops off the chandelier and lands silently on the floor. She grimy nods with a half frown and she sits down, her legs crossed and she lays her arms on them.

"Yes," she softly answers. "I knew what was happening when the females started disappearing. I thought the males will figure out on their own, but I guess not. I knew right when it was him, taking every single female at the chances he took. I couldn't do anything about it. I don't know where he have been staying at and where he keeps the girls. I should be hunting him down instead of following you, but..."

She sighs and rubs her head with her forefinger and thumb, continuing, "He would not be happy to see me alive. We haven't see each other for years and I rather keep it that way. I never want to see him again. I mean, I think if he sees me again after all of these years, he'll be wanting to change me into someone else. And I don't want that. I don't want to be a kidnapper or a murderer. I just want to be free from all of the worries and dangers."

"So, that means there's chances that my mate is still alive?" Dad asks, turning around to face Crow.

"Maybe. Maybe not." She replies, shrugging. "I don't know."

"We're gonna have to watch out for Paige." Leo demands, the Alpha tone is already in his tone. "We have to make sure this guy, this vampire kidnapper, won't take my mate. I won't let that happens to her. We must be more cautious and careful. I'll add more guards to the border and around the pack house. I'll informs my warriors to be ready for any sudden attacks."

"I agree with you." Crow looks up. "But there's something about him. He's dangerous and powerful. He can easily pass you and take your mate."

"Oh, he won't be passing Leo." Geri snorts. "He'll have to pass me. Whatever he likes it or not."

"And me." Dad adds, sharing a look with me. I shortly smile and he nods. Looks like I'll be having them on my side.

"I'm not gonna like this," Crow takes out a wicked dagger out of her dusty combat boot and plays with it. "But he'll have to pass me too." Then, she chuckles. "See if that surprises him."

"What's that?" I ask, seeing the worn out black leather handle along with black shiny jagged dagger. It couldn't be no more than the size of the hand.

"It was his dagger." She replies, letting the tip of it touches her forefinger. "He made it before he went to WWVWI. It was suppose to kill him when he thinks he can't handle the world anymore. It's the cursed dagger and is the only way of killing him. I think you needs this more than I do."

She lifts the dagger up to me, flipping it over so her hand is carefully holding the blade as the handle is bare. I bend over and take it, feeling the rough leather against my palm. It feels awfully light, but I hope it'll do when I see him.

"If you happen to see him, don't hesitate. He won't know what's coming for him. He had forgotten about it back home and that's how I found it." Crow gets up and turns. "I'll be around. Just call me when something happen."

And with that, she stroll out of the house, leaving me alone with Leo, Geri, and my dad. I look down at the dagger again, all handmade and ancient. I wonder what this was made of. Something small like this can be dangerous and powerful and I hope I won't mess up when I see this vampire. My Norsewolf purrs in my head, probably wondering the same thing.

"Well," Leo claps his hands and stands up. "How about I take you to meet my pack?"

<><><>

"This is Beta Gregg." Leo introduces me to a dark skin man." This is my mate, Paige."

"It's nice to meet you, Luna." He bows before me, showing his freshly cut black hair . He reaches out to take my hand, feeling the roughness on it, and he kisses it like he is some gentleman. He looks handsome in his rich chocolate skin, his amber eyes' full of kindness and warmth. He seems to be in his thirties.

"It's nice to meet you too, Beta Gregg." I almost blush after he lets go. I never have anyone does that to me. I wonder what Leo thoughts about that. I hope he doesn't do anything to Gregg. Gregg's just being a nice guy and I assume he just wants to make a first impression when he meets the Alpha's mate.

"Just call me Gregg." He smiles with his white teeth.

Leo and Gregg walk together with me around the territory. I see the males training at the training ground, all of them were shirtless and sweaty. Lillian somehow comments what my mate would looks like shirtless and I was shocked. It had been so long I haven't heard my wolf until today. Maybe she's mad at me for running away from Leo. That's probably why.

Lily! I say to her. You're back!

Yea, yea. I'm back. Lily purrs in my mind and I almost purr when Leo takes off his shirt. I even almost blush when I see his musclier arms flexes beautifully and his perfect four packs on his stomach. I swear I just feel hot from staring at those abs.

"Like what you're seeing, sweetheart?" Leo playfully smirks and I melt from his smirk that I find cute.

Gregg chuckles and motions me forward. What am I doing now? I follow Leo to the warriors that were punching and kicking at each other. I see a few fresh blood spots around them. I look at Leo and he says, "You need training. You had been in coma for almost a week and I think you need to get back in shape."

I slowly nod, finally knowing why he had taken off his shirt. He's going to train me and makes sure I get back in shape. I think he wants me to be strong enough to fight off this mad vampire.

"That's right, sweetheart." Leo purrs after he hear my thoughts and turns around, his back facing the fighters. "I don't want you to be weak. I'm afraid of losing you to him."

"Don't worry, you won't." I say, hoping that'll make him feel better. "Beside, I have the Norsewolf in me."

He chuckles and tells his warriors to stop and take a break. They all stop fighting, pull each other into a hug, and walk to the large bench where there's water bottles and towels. They all sit down, gulping the water and wiping off the sweat with the small towels. They turn their head at us and I blink, trying to figure out what they're doing. I grow a little nervous at the thought of them watching us, me training with their Alpha, my mate. I wonder what they feel about not having someone they can care in their life. They must be jealous.

"Go change first. Then, we'll start." Leo says, turning his head to his warriors as I walk back to the pack house to change...

I don't have anything to say right at this moment. Pic of Beta Gregg.
Comment and vote, thank.
~Ghostwolf1999