2

I slowly wake up as my visions go back to normal

I slowly wake up as my visions go back to normal. I look around in the unfamiliar room. I'm laying in someone's bed that smells so good like roses with honey, my favorite scent. Weird, the scent smells familiar and I haven't smell this scent since I left home. I see the walls are painted sky blue, the carpet is soft creamy white, a bathroom connecting to this room is close to the bed at the front, a window to my right to show trees blocking out the sunlight, a closet full of clothes at my left, a brown wooden dresser next to the closet, and as I look at the corner near the door at my left, I tense and my heart stops. My soul sings a feeling within my chest that just feels strange to me.

I see a boy at around my age sitting up on a plush chair and sleeping as his hand supports his face. His messy brown hair is covering his face and I couldn't help, but think he looks cute sleeping that way. He wears a big grey sweatshirt, a pair of worn out jeans, and a pair of black and white Jordan shoes.

Gosh, he looks so handsome and cute at the same time. Maybe he's the one that broke into my cabin and took me into his home. Maybe he's my mate. Realizing why I am here, I start to panic. Speaking of my cabin, where am I? Sure, I'm in his house, but where exactly am I at? Am I somewhere else, where that I'm not at other than my own island? Or am I still at my island, but somewhere else that I have missed checking out? I need to get out of here before he wakes up. I can't be with my mate. I just can't.

I carefully climb off the bed, keeping my eyes on my mate. My bare feet touch the soft carpet, luckily it's not wood, otherwise it'll creak. I look around and find my filthy combat boots by the end of the bed stand. I put them on and I peek out of the window. This house is about three stories tall and the trees are awfully taller than me. I carefully lift up the window without having any troubles, again, luckily doesn't make a sound. The closest tree I can find is a bit far from the window, but I think I can make it. I climb on the window, my eyes are targeting the branch I want to jump on, and I leap.

My hands grip on the thick branch that I targeted, pulling myself up to get my body over it. My arms burn as I lift. Then, I stand up on the branch, looking back at the window. I feel a little guilty that I have to leave my mate, but it's that only way to keep myself alive. The only way to keep myself from causing a war with the males. The only way to keep jealous males from fighting over me.

I hop from branch to branch, careful enough to not slip and fall. I didn't realize until later that I wearing a white tank top with black skinny jean because I can feel the sunlights warming my bare shoulders and chest. My hair is still in a messy ponytail. I get a few barks cuts on my arms and hands from the trees and I keep on going, hopping on the trees. I hear a howl and I suddenly know who's howl is that. It's my mate. It sends chills upon my skin and I shiver from it. I can feel the powers from that howl, however, it doesn't take any effects on me.

Where are you going!? Lily screams desperately in my head.

I'm leaving. I answer.

You're going to hurt our mate by leaving like that.

I know, but it's for our own goods. I'll start a war if I don't leave and every male finds out that I'm there. He'll get hurt if I don't leave.

She remains quiet and I feel more guilty. I keep on hopping when I hear more howls along with my mate's, telling me that I need to run now. I hop off the last branch and change into my wolf as I hit the ground. Bones crack as they shift, fur sprout from my pores, and my senses heighten. I take off running, my paws hitting the mossy ground and the wind rushes through my dark brown fur. My heart beats fast, my blood pumps crazily, and my eyes see the blurry forest going by so fast. Soon enough, I smell my mate behind me and I freaked out. I start running around the trees, dodging right and left to confuse him. He gets close to me and I see a large wild bush ahead. I run faster, hearing myself huffing heavily and my paws pounding harder against the ground. I spring up and over the bush, seeing him stopping right before he crash into the bush. I keep on running. The trees clear away and the cliff appears before my eyes. I stop, sliding on the dam grass only to find myself close to the edge. The sounds of dangerous waves crashing against the bottom of the cliff as it brings its' scent of salty water into the air.

I hear some heavy footsteps behind me and I turn around to see my mate with some wolves. His confused bright green eyes show sadness and fear and he whimpers, making me feel sorry for him. I take a step back, my hind paw touching the edge of the cliff. What should I do? Should I jump off the cliff and never be with my mate again? Or should I go with him and cause a war? I can't really decide what I want to do. I don't really want to be with anybody, not even with one living being. I look at my mate along with the wolves, cautious to see what I'll do.

I close my eyes and I jump backward. I feel myself falling backward, the winds rushing trough my fur, and I hear a smooth male voice that sends slivers to my spine crying out, "No!"

But I did it. I did it in order to keep them away from me. I did it to keep myself away from them and not start a war. I did it to protect myself, to protect my mate and stop the males to look for me, and for the world to stay safe. I did it for them.

I suddenly feel freezing cold water as I crash into it, the salty water climbing in my mouth and I gag at the awful salty taste. I try to move my legs to swim, but all I feel is nothing, my body's numb from the sudden cold. Black begins to fill in my vision and I let the wave push me against the hard rock, my head smashing onto it. I feel a sharp stinging pain and I groan. The black soon pulls me out of reality...

The picture is her mate. What's going to happen now? What will her mate do now? Will he continue the search or give up on the werewolves' only hope of bringing back the wolves' population? Vote, comment, share, others. Song: Hunt Me Down by Ray Volpe. Thanks.
~Ghostwolf1999
Edited: November 2, 2020