14

Leo's POV:

I sigh, rubbing my tired eyes. I couldn't get any sleep, thank to this stupid mate bond. I had already called the City Alpha, Mark Sotello, and he had told me something had happened to my mate. I lay my head in my hands, feeling all the emotions running in my body. Anger. Sadness. Tiredness. And the need of my mate. I had learned my mate's name which is Paige. She seems to be familiar as well with her look and name.

I love you. I like you. A lot. Will you be my girlfriend?

Yes, I'll be your girlfriend.

I suddenly look up. She was my best friend and my next door neighbor. Paige and I had promised we will be together again and I had given her a gift that I had been waiting as a young child. The necklace. Maybe it can helps me find her.

Then I smell her. That sweet scent of roses with honey floats in the air. I breathe deeply in the scent, pulling on it. Oh, that smells so good and sweet. I couldn't wait to find her again and claim her as mine.

I pull on a deep blue shirt and jean. I ruff my hair, not caring if it's messy. I was about to walk out of the hotel room when a voice greets, "Hello, Alpha."

I turn around to see a teenager sitting on the window, her black hair whipping from the wind. I narrow my brows when I smell the scent on her, the scent of my mate.

"Who are you?" I growl, feeling my wolf crawling inside.

"I'm Crow and I need your help." Crow hops in the room, her black boots hitting the floor.

"I don't help vampires." I warn, watching her walks to the bed that was where my mate had slept on. I had to sleep on that bed, hoping that her scent will helps me sleep better. It did, a little.

"Your great-great-great grandfather did. Everbird Armstrong." She says, looking back at me.

"You know him?"

"He saved me and let me joined his pack which will be your pack once you find Paige."

"You know her?" I ask, feeling dumb. I should have know.

"Yes. That's why I'm here. I want you and your pack help me fight the Shadowmen. I know where she's at."

"Are you sure? You do know where she's at?" I can feel the hope in me growing. This is my chance to take this and find my mate.

"Yes, I was once taken by the Shadow King because of my powers. I had escaped from him and almost killed him. I know where his lair is at and I also know his weakness. I need your strength and powers to fight off the Shadowmen as I fight the Shadow King."

I blink at her, already liking her. She's smart and strong, believing that she could saves her with my warriors and her powers. I nod, picking up my phone.

"I call my pack and the City Alpha. Then, you will take me to her..."

Paige's POV:

"What?" I am shocked to find he wants me to be his queen. Is there any other way to get out of this cage? I don't want to be his queen since I have a mate and I'm dying to get back to him.

"You will be my queen or you stay in the cage and die." The Shadow King says, waiting for my answer. He crosses his arms over his chest, the muscle in them flex as he moves. Goddess, why is he so handsome as well? I close my eyes, thinking about the choice I have to make. If I become his queen, there's no way I'll be able to escape and get out of his sight. If I stay in this cage, I will most likely to die and the race of the werewolves will slowly die and go extinct.

"Well?" I hear him grunts and I know he's losing patient. Of course he is, he has been sending his Shadowmen after me for a long time. I'm a last she-wolf after all.

"Yes." I answer, refusing to open my eyes. I don't want to see the look on his face.

"Yes what?"

"I will be your queen." I answer once again, feeling the pain in my heart. The mate bond is getting worse and I feel like I'm rejecting my mate, breaking my heart and his. I can't feel the warmth anymore, leaving me cold and numb. I hear the click of the lock being open and the sound of the old cage door opening. I hear the King walks to me, his footsteps getting closer and closer. I hold my breath when he stops before me, feeling the strong aura near me.

I open my eyes and look up to meet his eyes, seeing the powers and darkness in them. But what I also see is fear in them. The fear of having me here when I'm the most wanted she-wolf and the dangers that anyone could bring in this place. I gasp when I feel his hand touches my cheek. It's not what I expected his touch to be, instead it is warm.

"You are cold." He claims lowly. "I must break that bond."

"No, don't." I whisper. I don't want him to break this mate bond. I don't want to lose Leo and I have no clue what will happen if the bond is broken. It could hurt him or worse, kill him.

"You need warmth and breaking that bond is the only way to recover yourself. You will die from the cold." He informs me.

"Then, give me something warm. You don't need to break it."

"Oh, I will." He smirks. "I will after the wedding..."

<><><>

I wrap myself in thick fur blanket, trying to get myself warm. I have been getting colder and colder by each hour, my skin turning sicking pale. I can feel the energy in me fainting due from the cold. Is this part of the mate bond? If so, that means I really need to get back to Leo. He's the only one that can makes me better. Not the Shadow King.

I don't like this King at all. I got to say, he's cold all right. He doesn't care about how the bond is affecting me. All he wants is me and he can do whatever he wants to with me. I don't want anything from him. Nothing from the creepy handsome beautiful king of shadows. I want my mate. I need his warmth, his comfort, and his scent. I miss smelling that wonderful smell.

Gosh, the bond is horrible. I need him badly. Like he needs me badly. I'm not afraid now. I'm not afraid to go back to be his and take the position as the Luna while he becomes the Alpha. I would like that. I would like to have that power and control, that way no one else will tries to take me away again.

I shudder when I feel goosebumps creep up on my skin and I let out a breath to see it have been frozen. The King had left to find someone that can break the mate bond and I hope he'll won't come back real soon.

Why did I think that? Because I can smell my mate coming...

Oh, poor Paige. She's getting too cold and she might will die if her mate didn't come just in time to save her. You will find out more about the mate bond in the next chapter. Two chapters updated in one day and I'm proud of it. I just want to get this done and so I can work on my new book that I'm planing to work on.

Comment or vote, thank.

~Ghostwolf1999