30

Paige's POV

I snarl as I lung at the white-haired vampire. My body half transforms into both of my beasts. My hands and nails expand into long fingers and claws. My legs grow long and my feet turn into lengthen paws. My ears sharpen as well my eyes. My human teeth grow long and quickly turning into canine teeth. I feel Asena and Lily in my body, giving me all the powers I need to fight.

Asena slows time down and the vampire almost looks like floating when he tries to move to his right. As I lift my clawed hand, he somehow move fast and catch up in time. He smirks and I frown, wondering how he can do that. Then, I realize he's half demon and I growl angrily. Looks like we're going to have a long and hard fight.

"You can't beat me." He says with poison in his words, strolling in circle like a gentleman with his hands behind his back. "I'm powerful than you. Heck, I do have a demon in me and made me the strongest supernatural ever. You... Unlike me. You're weak, pathetic, a dog. You may be a Norse Wolf, werewolf, human. Your powers are no match to mine."

"Well," I start to speak, never lifting my eyes off him. "How did I killed the Shadow King? How did I managed to hide myself from the world for almost my whole life? How did I managed to escape from my mate and traveled to New York? You have no idea what I'm truly is. You still don't know the powers of my wolves. You know nothing of me."

He bares his teeth as if he thinks that can scares me away, but these little fangs won't do the trick. Without a warning, he zips and appears by my side, reaching out with his long nails. I dodge and whip around to find him gone. I stand still, trying to pick up any smallest sound and let my eyes roam around in the room. I inhale and wait patiently. He can run, but he can't hide forever.

A roar explodes above me and I whip my head up to see him falling towards me, his razor sharp nails reaching out to me and his teeth baring. I jump up and bring up my fist, missing his head, but ending up connecting his left shoulder, knocking him off a little. He lands on the wall, standing sideway and begins to run around. I leap on the ceiling, sensing that gravity somehow had been turned off. He's testing me how well I can fight without gravity. I feel Asena's doing her best to keep gravity in our hold.

I leap and land behind the vampire. He dodges my oncoming kick and grabs it with his right hand. He pulls my leg and I slam into him, knocking both of us onto the floor. We snarl and hiss, scratching and punching each other. He grabs handful of my hair and pulls back, making my neck bare and free. He leans in with his open mouth, ready to kill me. I'm not going to give up that easily. There's no way I'm going to die like this.

And luckily, backup has finally comes. I spot his twin brother out in the corner of my eyes, standing with the weapon in his hand and Crow by his side. The brother tosses the knife and jumps towards the enemy as the same time. The knife dances through the air beautifully and it lands next to my head with the point of the blade struck the wooden floor. I push him off as hard as I can and he falls off me. As I push myself up, I see both brothers fighting each other. Blood spat the ground, pieces of clothe scatter around, and I swear I hear the deafening crack of bone in the room. Crow snarls warningly. There's really nothing she can do with the demon.

I see his brother slides away from him, clutching his shoulder. I almost gasp as the sight of his dislocated shoulder, its bone sticking out in his skin. But that sight of it made me mad. This madman can't do this to his brother. It's wrong and horrible. It's must be terrible having to fight your brother and dealing with his evilness and madness. I watch as the good brother crawls away and back to Crow which she wraps her arms protectingly around him and she hisses at the bad brother.

Without noticing that the white-haired vampire is already on his way to me, he crashes into me and wraps his hands on my throat. I struggled to break free of his hands, but they were too strong. I hear Crow's snarl, then yelps as I hear something buzzing pops up around us. His face is bloody, his nose is bent, he reeks of blood and sweat. I feel the pressures of his hands closing in, blocking out my windpipe. I tilt my head to the side and suddenly remember where the knife is at.

I grip the handle, feeling the rough leather, and pull it from the floor. The enemy seems to be too focus on killing me and hasn't notice the only weapon in the world that can kill him is in my hand. With one last strength from my wolves and myself, I swing my arm and strike true in his throat. He freezes, his hands loosening and the sounds of his breathing rasped and shorten. His eyes never leave mine as he reaches up to his neck, my hand's still holding the knife. I twist the knife and pull it free, feeling the hot blood rushing out onto my hands and on his neck.

I crawl backward away from him and sit up, breathing heavily and carefully watching him on his knees, his hand rubbing his neck. His skin paled until he looks like a corpse. His eyes slowly dims and the black and red slowly faints away. Soon enough, his eyes change to deep green and there's something in them that took me by surprise. Free. He's finally free from the demon and its curse. I see his mouth closes and the tip of his lips twitches to a soft smile. The strange red walls around us faints, its powers dying with the demon. I see Crow looking at us, but there's no fear or hate. There's sadness and happiness.

I look back at her mate which he was making his way to us, his hand clutching his shoulder and showing no sight of hate as well. He gets on his knees before his bad brother and raises his other hand on his brother's shoulder. They start at each other, probably sharing their last words or thoughts. Crow's mate sadly smiles as his brother breathes out his last breath. The good brother lays him down with his good shoulder and whispers, "You're free, Fredrik. Goodbye, brother."

And there was a heavy weight on my shoulder lifts off like a rocket.

We're finally free.

Sorry if this is not a good chapter, I mean, I tried though. It's not easy for me to write fighting/death parts kind of things and so yeah. I'm planing on writing maybe two or three more chapters and end this book. I have started on two other books and I would like you guys to check them out if you want. Anyway, Merry Christmas, everyone. I know it's a day early, but eh. Why not?
Comment and vote, thanks.
~Ghostwolf1999