3

I wake up to the sounds of the soft waves moving near, the cracking of the fire, and the smell of cooked stew

I wake up to the sounds of the soft waves moving near, the cracking of the fire, and the smell of cooked stew. My eyes stung from the salty water and I rub my eyes. I blink a few times to clear my vision and look up. I see a young lady sitting on a worn out rock, the deep blue ocean in the background along with the dark sky with bright white dots. Her long blonde hair is covering her neck, her evergreen eyes are glittering red and orange from the lights of the fire, and her white skin glows from it also. She wears a long black cloak, a light brown skinny jean, and a pair of brown leather boots with belts across the sides.

She leans over to stir something in the small metal pot that hangs over the fire pit, bringing the wonderful smell into the air. As she turns her head to face me, she smiles and says, "You're up."

I nod as I sit up, rubbing the back of my head where the rock had hit it. I almost groan at the sharp pain where I touch it which my hand draw away from it. I look up to see the lady standing in front of me, holding out the bowl of stew.

"Go on, I won't poison you." She smirks playfully and I take it. She looks so familiar, yet I can't tell where I saw her from or how she looks familiar to me. There's that warm feeling that I get from her, like I can trust and feel safe with her.

I eat the stew, tasting the chicken, carrots, and potatoes and I take in the warm food in my mouth. When she sits back down on the same rock, I ask, "Who are you?"

"Oh, yeah, I forgot." She turns around to face me. "I'm Skywar, but you can call me Sky. Or War, either way."

"How do you get that name?"

"Oh that? I am one of the first witches in this world. I was given birth underneath the sky and during the first war of the werewolves. My mother managed to hide me from my father which he happened to be a werewolf King and he won't accept a female child since back in the old days, Kings are expected to always get male children before female children. So, my mother hid me from him and gave me that name."

"Wait," I look at her when she narrows her brow. "If your father is a werewolf, that means you're a half wolf."

"No, it doesn't work like that with werewolf and witch. You see, when they both mate, the witch gets to give birth a full blooded witch since our blood is too powerful to mix with the werewolf's."

"Oh." I lower my shoulders in hopeless. I was hoping that if she's a werewolf, then I'm really not a last female wolf. Instead, I have a witch here. Well, one of the first witches on earth.

"You know," Sky moves closer to me and I tense. "I have been watching you since you were little."

"What?" I say confused. And the way she said it, it sounds creepy.

"Mm-mm. When you decided to move to that little island, I make sure you have food, water, and shelters. I bring the animals on your island, created fresh water river, and grew trees for you to build a house. I watch you everyday, observing you to see that you learned how to look after yourself. I feel proud of myself that you can survive without anyone expect me. I was a crow with blonde tipped tail and I always follow you when you go out hunting and such."