28

Leo's POV:

Vampire! Darren growls in my tiresome head, waking me up from my deep sleep. No matter how hard I try to sleep without Paige in my arms, it's impossible to do so. I have been restless without her, turning and tossing in my bed. I groan as I lift myself off, feeling the heavy pressure on my eyelids and lower forehead. Darren always seems to pacing in my mind, puffing and huffing as he paces back and fro in my mind. He has been doing every since we lost her scent.

Not again, Darren. I mentally say to him. A few minutes later, I hear him whimpers, Wait... Crow's with him...

What? I raise my brow as I slide my black jacket on me. I look to check the time on my dresser and I find it to say 12:47 a.m. Why is she out there that late with that blood sucker? Why is he back after what he had done to my mate? And why would she be standing out in the woods next to him ever since what he had done to her as well? Maybe she's distracting him, that way he could let her back into his life and there could be a small chance she could find Paige again. Or she needs him close enough to catch that scent again, hoping to keep it in her nose as long as possible.

I hurry to make my way out of the house, my wolf growling and snarling at the thought of him here on my territory. The cold soon meets me as I step outside into the dark of the forest, bringing the scents of Crow and the man in my nose. Darren suddenly stops and it make me wonder why he did that. Maybe something have happen to her and I didn't hear nor sense her. My ears suddenly pick up soft footsteps on the grass and I look around and see Crow standing besides a man with bright green eyes that seem to glow in the dark.

"Who is he?" I ask as my wolf struggles to break through my mental shield. I sniff the air, catching the smell of my mate on him. Darren howls and half scrambles, half runs into the shield and I can feel the mental force of his body slamming into it. "Why does he has the smell of Paige?"

At the sound of her name, the man meets my eyes and says softly, "Because I'm looking after her."

When I bare my teeth to show that I'm serious, he continues, "I know you're thinking I'm your enemy, but you're wrong. I may be a assistance of your worst enemy, but I'm taking care of her well. I have done no harm to her. She had told me I must find that weapon because it's the only weapon in the whole world to kill him."

Darren settles down and purrs, He smells nothing like of evil. I can hear the truth in his words and he's willing to fight against our enemy as well. And he does seems to take our little mate very well. Although I cannot communicate her wolves, but I can sense they're well and locked away from Paige's body. We should accept him to help and guild us to her.

"Alright." I nod to Crow and she nods back, seeing I have accept the man's words. I look back at the man, "She has it, but you should take her. She can be a distraction for the vampire and you must give it to Paige. What's your name, by the way?"

"I'm Kyter." He replies, his eyes brighten in the darkness at the sound of his name. "I had promised to myself that I'll look after any female wolves that ever first stepped into the house of my brother's. So far, they're alive and strong and I told them to act weak every time he comes around. Also, he doesn't see them very often, but I'm pretty sure he'll sees Paige more than often."

Darren growls at the thought of him touching our little wolf. I mistakenly growl out along with Darren's and Kyter shown no sight of fear or surprise. Instead, he smiles like he happy to hear my wolf growling. He says, "Quite a possessive creature you have. Don't worry, my friend. I'll make sure of it to let your mate kills my brother and end his madness and inanity to prison the females."

And I hope he'll keep that promise, otherwise, I'll tear him apart himself and hunt down his brother once and for all. I'm in no mood for the chat with Kyter. I don't want to know how he's the brother to this terrible vampire or how he knows Crow when he wraps his hand on Crow's and they both walk back into the forest of darkness.