23

Paige's POV:

My eyes slowly open to see my sleeping mate holding me with his musclier arms that were wrapped around my waist. I inhale his scent and look up to see the sun rays breaking through the window, lighting up the bedroom. I carefully slide out of Leo's arms, not wanting to wake him up and climb off the bed. I slide in Leo's green flannel and my black short. I tip toe out of the room, my bare feet touching the cool floor, and I make my way to the dining room from the hall. I was soon greeted by the sounds of chatter and laughers of the males and I see them sitting around the long rectangular tables, plates of all different kinds of breakfast food, and some males were shirtless while others were fully clothed. I spot Gregg, Dad, and Geri sitting at the very back table, most likely the front where the long table were full of food close to them.

I stroll to that table, passing by the males which they sniff the air and bow their heads before me. I gladly nod back in silence reply and continue my way to the table.

"Good morning, Paige." Beta Gregg greets with his lively attitude.

"Morning Gregg." I take my spot on the other side of the table, facing my dad.

Dad tenses, sniffing the air as his red eyes brighten, and he looks at me with shock and surprised. I grin nervously. What Dad's going to do about this?

"You had completed the mate bond." Dad claims and Geri and Gregg stop eating, slowly turning their heads to me.

"So?" I say, grabbing the glass of iced water and sipping it. It tastes refreshing since I had a long night last night.

"You just mated with your mate. There is no turning back on that. You are too young, Paige." Dad growls not warningly, but of in a protective way.

"You done that with Mom. It's the same thing." I argue.

"It is my job to look after his daughter, his only daughter and it is my job to do that to you. You are seventeen, for the goddess sake!" His voice raises a little and I shake my head.

"Dad, don't you remember? Today's my birthday. I'm eighteen and I'm a grown woman now." I claim and he suddenly stops, his eyes widening and he sighs.

"I am sorry. It was your choice, after all. I cannot help it when you are my only girl. It is the part of the werewolf thing. A father must looks after his child until someone completes the mate bond of his child." He lowers his voice and goes back eating his pancake.

"It's okay. I didn't expect it to happen last night, but... I want to complete it before you knows who comes to find me."

Before my dad could say something, a loud voice booming throughout the pack house cut off my dad.

"PAIGE!" I hear my mate yells from his bedroom and I shake my head, putting my hand on my face.

Leo, it's okay. I mind-link him. I'm in the dining hall with Gregg, Geri, and Dad.

Oh. I can feel his heart sinking and I know he must be blushing of embarrassment. I mentally chuckle and stand up to get my food. I go to the food table and pick up the plate. I don't know what to grab. There's all kind of different food here. I shrug, walking around to grab random food. I grab a pancake with banana pieces in it, a donut with maple topping, scrambled eggs, and a chicken sausage. I grab a cup of orange juice and go back to the table, taking the same seat where I had sat in before. I look up and catch my mate's eyes at the back of the room. He's not wearing a shirt, left alone grey pj pants on him.

He makes his way to our table, passing by the males which they bow their heads respectfully as well to him. He takes his seat by my side, his right arm snaking around my waist. I lean on him, accepting his warmth.