10

Crow's POV:

I watch as the darkness take over the sky, pushing away the pink purplish clouds to the other side of the world. I feel the gentle breeze go pass my hair. Just one more minute and I'll check on her. I wait for the darkness to take over completely and the breeze stops. The surroundings around me stills. No sounds of the humans talking or yelling. No fast running cars. No honks, music, or anything. The sound that I truly enjoy is the silent. Then, I breathe in the air, searching for the scent that I had put on her. I get the small sniff of it and I catch it, pushing my fangs out. I can feel my eyes sharpen, seeing every details on the roof with the concrete, the pigeon house, and the small old newspaper. I close my eyes.

I catch another smell that's mixing with her scent and it smells of freshwater river and dirt. I open my eyes, fully in the vampire hunting mood. I stand up and run towards the tall building next to this one. I feel my heart beats quickly as I run, swinging my arms up and down- jumps over to another building- to another- to another. The scent is getting stronger- getting closer- running faster- blurry images.

Then, I stop before the building. The smell of her gets so strong that lets me know she does stays here for a few nights. I walk over to the side of the building, climbing over to get on the brick wall. I let my nails grow long and I grip on the hard bricks. I start to make my way down to her window, sensing the danger that Paige's in...

Paige's POV:

I watch The Walking Dead, very engross in that zombie show on the TV in my hotel room. It's around eight at night and Sky hasn't comes back. Maybe she'll be gone all night and will be back in the morning before I wake up. But something in my stomach is telling me that's not right. There's something wrong and I yet can't figure out what.

My phone starts to ring and I pick it up to see that it's Mark calling me. I answer, "Hello, Alpha."

"Hey, Luna. Just checking on how you're doing." Alpha Mark greets with concern.

"I'm doing great. Luckily, nothing bad is going on for me." I get up to walk around, bored of sitting on my bed.

"That's good. How are you doing?"

"What do you mean by that?" I narrow my brows by that question.

"I mean, how are you doing without your mate? You must be getting more colder or something like that." He replies.

"Well, I'm not really getting enough sleep. I can't seem to focus sometime on stuff."

"You need to go back to your mate. If you don't, the bond will makes both of you worse. Trust me, I know how that feels."

I chew my bottom lip, unsure that I should do that. Go back to my mate and I'm the last female. The males will be jealous and they will do anything to get me. I can't risk that. I don't want to be involve with something that could destroy my life or my mate's. I'm not ready for that.

"Paige?"

"Sorry, but I can't. I still can't. I'm... I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Mark." I claim.

"Bu-" A loud crashing sound cuts him and I look at my right to see the door had been knocked down.

There stands three dark figures, as dark as night and I can't see their faces. Who are they? There's the figure in the middle, taller than the two at both of its sides. I freeze, waiting for them to make a move. What should I do now? Should I fight or run? There's no way out, the figures are blocking my only way out. And I don't think I'll have a chance of beating three big figures that goddess know what can do to me. I just saw what they can do with that door and I rather not be the one that they will knock down too.

"What's going on, Paige!?" I hear Mark asks and yells at the same time as I hold my phone down.

The tallest figure speaks dully, "We come here to take you someplace safer, Luna."

"Well, it doesn't looks like you'll be doing that." I say, looking at each of them and waiting for them to strike.

"Look, we can do the easy way which is quietly comes with us. If you do the hard way, we will have to fight with you and my King will not be happy with that. So, what is your choice?" It asks in such a odd language.

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Okay, we are doing the hard way then." Without letting me know, it vanishes and pops up behind me.

I swing my elbow up to its face and make contact with its chin as I drop the phone. Instead of feeling warmth, all around on my elbow is ice cold and I swear that my elbow just freeze from that cold temperature. I gasp from the cold and it reaches out to grab my neck. I dodge and roll towards to the window. Then, something unexpected happens.

I hear a loud glasses breaking and shattering and I whip around to see Crow comes flying into the room. She brings up her foot and sham it into the tall figure in the chest, knocking it off the ground. The other two come storming in and Crow bares her flashing white teeth. I have no idea how she found me here. Is she spying on me? Or is she watching me to make sure I'm okay?

"Paige, go now!" Crow yells as she dodge the balled up fist by one of the figures. "Jump through that window!"

"Are you crazy!? No!" I gape at her. Why would I want to do that? I don't want to die and I'm suppose to trust this vampire?

"Just do it! I'll catch you!" She yells once again, swinging a fist and kicking back with such strength that I never see before.

I was about to ignore her order till the tall figure reaches out to again, trying to grab my arms. I turn around to face the broken window and run to jump. I push myself up and swing over. I take one last look at Crow which she was struggling with the dark figures. I couldn't believe that she's helping me. I couldn't believe that she's saving me from those things.

"Go!" She yells for a final time, pushing the smallest figure off her arm and punching it in the face.

I push myself off the window and the next thing I know, I'm falling with nothing to break my fall below. I scream, waving my arms around to grab on anything to keep myself from falling to death. My hair whip on my face, my clothes flatter and flop from the hard wind that's going by me as I fall. I shouldn't do this! There's no way that Crow will be able to save me just in time from the fall. I don't think I should do this again!

I scream again, arms reaching and cold wind passing by me. I scream for help, hoping for someone to save me below. Before I could hit the ground, I feel something grabs the back of my shirt and lifts me. It lifts me into the night sky, breaking the fall. I can hear the flapping of the wings above me, so loud and mighty. I turn my head around to see the black bat with brown and green eyes, twice as big as the house cat. I blink. Crow?

It doesn't say anything since she's in her bat form, but I don't care about that. She saved me from those dark figures that want me for whatever reason. I should be happy that I have her to help me. I can trust her.

Wait, where is Skywar anyway?

Where is Skywar, guys? It appear that the shadow figures want to get Paige, instead Crow saved her just in time. And why did she do that? Hmm? Anyway, I'm trying my best to update as much as I can since I'm taking summer school and I have a lot of stuff to do with my family.
Comment or vote, thank.
~Ghostwolf1999