17

"Paige?" I say, looking at my beautiful mate in her very rare beast form. I'm so confused right now. I never thought my mate would be a Norsewolf, the world's most legendary wolf and my mate is it. Oh, boy. That means I'm gonna have to be more protective of her now.

"I'm sorry, Leo." She whimpers as time around us slows. She can slow time too!? I know little about Norsewolf, but I never thought they can slow time.

"It's okay." I want to comfort her and tell her that I'm not mad. I understand why she's doing this. I finally understand why she ran away from me. She's the last female, after all.

"I'm ready to go back." She blinks. "I'm ready to be with you and be on your side leading our pack."

She wants to lead my pack with me? She seems to changed into a better person. I can see the happiness in her eyes and I remember seeing the fear in them before when I first met her. She shows no signs of being afraid around me and my wolf smiles. She's ready.

As she sets her front paw on the ground, the time goes back to normal and she dashes towards the large form. I growl when I see it is the Shadow King. He's all bit and scratched up, his wings have a few holes in them. He snarls as he runs into Paige, grabbing for her neck. She yelps when he grabs her neck and shams her down on the ground. I bare my teeth and move forward, but Crow holds me back.

"What are you doing? She needs help." I growl and Crow shakes her head.

"You can't help her." Crow claims, looking back at my mate. "There's no way to save her..."

"What do you mean?" I push her hands off me and watch as my mate clawed at King's leg, causing him to cries out and let go of her.

"She have never been in her Norsewolf." Crow sighs. "It's the first time she let her Norsewolf out and it will be hard to control it. But the Norsewolf understands the differences of the bad and good. And mate as well. She will only let Paige control herself for a short time which I see she already had."

"Can she turns back?" I ask, hoping there's a chance she can turns back. Paige leaps on King, her jaws snapping at his neck.

"If she does that," Crow faces me fearfully. "It will causes her a lot of pain since her Norsewolf bones are way different from the normal wolf form. I don't think she can takes it and she might will die, Leo."

I look back at my mate, watching as she snarls at King. He never leaves his eyes from her, waiting for another attack. My wolf whimpers and paces around and I wish there's a way for her to survive this. I don't want her to die. I just found her again and I'm not letting her go anywhere. Even death. She didn't know if she tries to shift back, she will experiences terrible pain that she might never thought she will feel. Or worse, she will dies, leaving me all alone again with no one to love and have a future. I don't want this.

I want her to survive and I'll do anything to bring her back if she dies. I'm not ready to lose her. She's ready to be with me. I can't stand the thought of not having her around back at my house or my bedroom. She may be the last she-wolf on earth, but we can't lose her. She's our last hope of keeping our kind alive and I must keep her in that way.

Paige tackles down King, pinning down his shoulder with her claws and bares her sharp white teeth which glows in the dim room. The Shadowmen tense and the werewolves do as well. There it is, the female legendary beast standing over the powerful dark creature of all. This is it, a chance to end all of this madness and make peace with all of the supernaturals. I hold my breath and I sense that we are all holding our breaths for this moment. No one dare to move and save the Shadowmen. I think no one wants to mess around with my mate now.

Paige's POV:

She finally have the King pinned down on the ground before her. He's out of breaths and strength for that she's absorbing it from him. I try to get pass my beast, but she wouldn't let me take control again. I wonder why she won't. I get to talk to my mate for a little bit, but now she won't let me talk to the King. I shake my head and sit down in the back of her mind, watching the fear grows in King's eyes.

Just one painful bite can end it all. I see her opens her mouth and lean in close to his neck. I see him closes his eyes and relaxes before her paws. Was he ready to leave this earth? Why he's not struggling, even when he's all beat up and tired? Unless... He knows this will happens. Get killed by the last she-wolf.

My beast bites hard on his neck, drawing the metallic taste of blood into her mouth. She then, rips the chuck of his neck away with the loud ripping noise. I feel him still below her and I don't sense his living being anymore. He's finally gone and will be forever. She tilts back her head and howls of accomplishment. She turns her head to Leo which he's standing with his pack and Crow.

She walks to him on her fours and the Shadowmen that were surrounding us slowly faints into the shadow. They don't have a leader to follow now. They will hide, of course, from her. They have finally realize that she can't be killed. Leo gulps as my beast stands in front of him. I can sense his fear and nervousness. He meets her eyes and I can see the reflection of the dripping blood from her mouth.

Let me out, I beg my beast. I want to talk to him.

No, think of the pain and fear they will get. I would love to feed on them. She appears in our mind and smirks as I get up on my feet. I will make sure that no one will hurts you again. I will never let anyone touch you. Let me watch after you and you will be safe.

Really? I frown and shake my head. You want to kill our mate? And no one have hurt me. The only one that's hurt is my mate because of me. I have hurt him enough and I'm ready to go back.

Fine, she growls. But if anything happen to you, I will come out and kill whoever hurts you...

And with that, she disappears and I feel my control coming back. The bones snaps and shifts, the fur disappear into my skin, and my senses lower back to a average wolf senses. What I didn't know that changing back is more painful. I cry out and fall to the ground, feeling the great heat hitting against my skin. I feel like I was being tore apart and stitched back together. I couldn't move and my eyes start to blur. I can hear the muffle voice of Leo, but I can't clearly know what he's saying.

Than, I black out...

Just letting you know that I will be gone for a week starting tomorrow since I have to work again at camp. This might will be the last update before that week, but I will be working on chapters and update them when I get back. Thank for understanding.

Comment or vote, thank.

~Ghostwolf1999