15

Leo's POV:

I march my warriors along with Alpha Mark's warriors and Crow is taking the lead. She looks back to make sure we're still following her. I'm covered in sweat and melted snow, my body is like a volcano.  I wipe off the sweat off my forehead, feeling the heat on it. I rip my shirt off to reveal my four packed.

"Ooh," Crow teases when she saw me shirtless. "Do you want to show your mate your hot body?"

"No, I'm damn hot." I growl as I walk on the snowy ground of the Alps mountain. Crow had said there's a hidden underground tunnel in the Alps. I hope she's right, otherwise I'll might have to kill her if she lead us into trap.

"It's the mate bond," Alpha Mark explains. "The more the mates are away from each other, the worse the temperature will be. The female will gets ice cold and the male will gets lava hot which you are feeling right now. If the male doesn't get to the female fast enough, she will dies from the coldness with no energy and heat. Shortly, the male will also dies due from heat fever."

"Well, that explains it. I need to get back to Paige." I say. The snow doesn't help cool me down, let alone leaving melted footsteps.

We walk for many miles, the snow storm hitting us harshly. Luckily, we have the blood of the werewolf and it doesn't bother us. Crow, in other hand, is shivering badly and I had commanded one of my warrior to give her his thick jacket to keep her warm.

"How did you survived the escape?" I ask Crow, catching up with her. She looks at me and her eyes seems to be glowing in the bright snow strom.

"There was no storm when I escaped." She replies, turning her head to face the mountains. "I was lucky. I had help later when I was running through six feet tall snow; having to climb over it. A few mountain climbers found me and brought me back to a small town where they gave me food, shelter, and warmth."

"What did you do after that?" I don't need to use my Alpha tone. Everything she had said are the truth and I can hear the small pain in her voice like it's a bad past. But I need to know about her. I want to know how she met my mate and knows her. I wonder why she's helping us. There's something special that I don't know between themselves, and I'm going to find out sooner or later.

"I went in hiding from the Shadow King. Every mouth, I will move to a different state to not get involve with the Shadowmen.  Your father makes sure I have money. Only two people know who exactly am I; just Paige and your father."

"Know about what?"  I question her, wanting to know what she had told my father and my mate. I hate it when I don't know something while someone I know does. It's annoying.

"I can't tell you." Then, she stops. She cocks her head as if she's listening and she whispers, "We're here."

Paige's POV:

It wasn't long until the Shadow King comes back with a strange looking person. It's a woman, maybe around three feet tall. I see thick fur clothing on her, covering up every bit of her skin. Her weary evergreen eyes glows when she lays them on me and I can almost see the sadness in them.

"Do it." The King commands and the little lady turns her head to face him.

"I must do this without any males around." She claims, her voice appears to be rough.

"Fine, do it quick." And with that, he lefts the dark room that happens to be his room.

The little woman approaches me, taking off her hood and I gasp, "S-S-Sky? Is that you?"

"It is me, my little wolf." She smiles, making her looks a little better with all of those wrinkled skin on her face. I see small black dots on her nose to forehead. What happened to her?

"What h-h-happen to you?" I ask the woman I once know had turned into somethings else. I don't know what happened to her, but I know it's not good by the look of it.

"I should have told you this a long time ago. I'm sorry that I did this to you and I will do anything to make it up. Paige, I have a disease in me and I rather die protecting you without the cure than standing there, doing nothing with the cure. Again, I'm sorry that you got involve with the King and was forced to marry him."

"Oh, S-S-Sky." I slowly lean over to hug her. Her warmth doesn't helps much to keep me warm, but I don't care about that. All I care is that she's here to save me from the King. I breathe in her evergreen scent, burying my face on her fainting grey to blonde hair. Then, everything that had been bottled up in my soul finally breaks. I sob on her shoulder and feeling my heart harden from the feelings that I have been holding in for too long.

"There, there, Paige." She tries to calm me down by rubbing circles on my back. "Flowesron."

I feel something in me growing strong. It wraps around my heart like a armor, then the blood, the muscles, everything in me. It thickens and expands, bringing boiling hot wave crashing against my skin. I gasp as I lean away from Sky, my eyes sharpen and my ears sharpen as well. I can sense the dying soul of Sky's, the heavy heart beating of the King outside of the room, and... My mate. I can sense his body and soul right above me. I look up, cocking my ears and blinking.

I gasp again as I feel my bones snapping. Fur grows from my skin, covering every inch of me. I cry out when I feel the fiery pain everywhere and I crouch over, grasping my sides with both of my hands. My jaw grows long and narrow, bringing the nose to the front. My ears expand to pointy ears while my nails lengthen themselves into long sharp nails. I sense Sky walking away and I howl agony, trashing around the room. Loud pounding in my head and I can't stand this pain. I break whatever that's in my way as I wobble and push my hands on my head, trying to stop the pain.

What had she done to me?

Then, everything stop. The pain. The evolve of whatever I'm turning into. I slowly lift my head up to the mirror above the bed. All I can feel is nothing. No more sadness. No more fear. Nothing. And all I can see is a new beast. The true beast had been brought out. I see myself standing up on my long hind legs, covered in thick dark brown furs with light brown dots around my expanded feet. Thicker fur surrounds my breasts and chest along with my shoulders while light brown dots them too. And I see my head. The most beautiful female head of a beast that I ever see in my whole life. She doesn't look like my wolf, Lily. Her dark brown head stares back at me with her bright silver eyes, two white stripes run across my cheeks while light brown freckles dots on my nose up to under my eyes.

She's someone new that I haven't met. She's someone that has been hiding in me for my whole life. She's the one that hid herself away from me. She's a new beast that have been waiting to be released. And now, she's finally out.

She is...

Me...

So sorry for not be able to update for that I have been extremely busy. Just out of camp and got on a cruise. But at least, I have some times to work on this while I'm away. Now I'm back home and I already have a few chapters that are ready to be update. Thank you for understanding me and keeping on supporting this book. I really appreciate it. Now what? What exactly kind of beast is she? Just letting you know, I'm making up a few new creatures here and there. Hint: Read the word that Skywar had said backward. Song: Middle by DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine.
Comment or vote, thank.
~Ghostwolf1999