16

"What the hell is going on here?" I hear the King asking as I listen his heavy footsteps make it way into the room.

I see him appears some feet away from me on the mirror, seeing the shock and surprised on his eyes. I slowly turn around to face his large form, hearing his heart beating faster than before. I take in his scent, smelling the small hints of sweat with them. And fear. Mm, his fear smells good. I cock my ears and lay my eyes on his, seeing the reflection of me on them.

"The hell?"  He frowns like he couldn't believe this and is confused with what Skywar had done to me. "What the hell happened to you?"

I blink, rising my head up and growl lightly. He takes a step back.

"Stop." I growl warningly without moving my mouth and he pauses. "You shouldn't taken me away... You just want power and control over other naturals. Look what it will do to you now.  Your most loved treasure right here... Will kill you right now. I will save everyone here that you have been keeping for many years and short times. You took them away from their loved ones..."

I start to stalk at him, baring my teeth as I continue to talk, "You took them from the reality where they are most needed..."

I stand in front of him and I notice that I'm taller than him. I mentally smirk as I think of a idea. There's a chance I could kill him.

"You took our freedom away from us..." I claim at last, meeting his eyes once again.

He doesn't dares to leave mine. His eyes were swirling sliver and blue. He bares his fanged teeth and snarls, "I will never give up my treasures and you will obey me. Turn back into your tiny body now."

"Never." I growl, cocking my head. "I will never be yours. I have a mate and you don't deserve anyone."

"Oh, is that so?" His eyes turns golden and I know this battle is about to start. "We will see about that."

I snarl and expand my claws. He growls, spreading out his wings. I lung at him and the battle has begins...

Leo's POV:

We climb down the rusty ladder that leads us into the dark tunnel. My eyes adjust to the darkness and I can see three dark rivers smoothly runs through the tunnel. Why are there rivers in here? I scan around to make sure there's no Shadowmen around and I mind-link my warriors to come down once it's safe. I wait as Crow climb down and hops down soundlessly. I frown. Something is not right and Crow seems to sense it too.

"Stay alert. This is not normal." She claims and I nod. I mind-link my men about that and they all look around.

We stay together as a large group, Crow's at the front while I walk behind her with Alpha Mark. I can feel the mate bond is getting stronger. I can smell Paige and someone's else with her. I mentally growl when I smell the King with her scent. He better not do anything to her!

"Stop." Crow whispers and we all halt before the first river. I can't hear or smell it, left alone pitch blackness of the river. "We do not want to touch this river."

"Why not?" Mark asks quietly to not attract the Shadowmen.

"These three rivers are the Death Rivers. Once you touch it, it will takes your soul and carries it away from your body. Your body will still function, but you will not have feelings, thoughts, or a soul. Someone one else will have to find the soul for you and put it back in your body. We must jump over it."

The rivers are six feet wide and I'm thankful for having the wolves DNA, otherwise we would not be able to jump far. One by one, we jump over the wide rivers. I run towards the river and jump, feeling the muscles in my legs working to make myself jump far. As I look down to see the river, my heart drops. Many lost souls were staring back at me, their arms reaching out. Their mouths open to scream, but no sound come out. Okay, I do not like this place. This is friggin' creepy as shit.

My feet land the other side of the ground after the river and I roll. I push myself up and watch as everyone jump over. Crow simply jumps and hooks herself on the wall and starts to climb with her long nails. It doesn't takes her long to make it to the other side and she hops off like it was no big deal. She turns her head at me and I give her a nod.

We repeat the process two times with the last two rivers. At the end, I see a few of my warriors have their widen eyes gracing back at the rivers. They must had saw what I had saw and I know that it's not something wonderful to see. It's horrible how the poor lost souls were trapped in them, waiting to break free and get back in their bodies. I will try to make this right once we get my mate back and kill the Shadow King.

"There's no one here." Crow says, scanning the large metal door before us. "There's something wrong."

"Are you sure? How do you know?" I can't help, but ask her questions. If this is not right, then what's going on?

"He usually has at least twenty men standing guard here for every five hours. Then, the guards take turn watching this place. It seems that they're not here." She answers and lays her hand on the door.

"Then it's a trap." Mark growls. "You knew this would happen."

"No," she frowns. "There's something wrong."

She pull the round handle and the door creaks as she drags it. It booms in the tunnel and I tense, waiting for a attack. But nothing happen. I can hear a lot of shouting close to us and share a look to Crow. She takes the lead, jogging ahead into the dark room and we follow her.

I see we have run into a large stone room and some Shadowmen were surrounding something in the middle. A loud snarl and a howl echo in the room and it send slivers on my bare skin. Is that my...

"Watch out!" Crow yells and we all duck as a large creature was being tossed over us. It crashes behind us and I whip around to take a good look on it. It has dark brown fur with light brown dots all over it. It eyes glows red and sliver and I see two white stripes wrap across on its cheeks. Its scent hit my nose and my wolf howl excitingly. I gasp as she gets up quickly at eight feel tall and dashes towards something behind us. Her eyes meet mine as she runs on her fours and I feel the time slows down. She softly smiles, "Hello Leo."

Paige is the Norsewolf?!

Hi... I don't really have anything to say except that I will be going back to camp this Sunday. And after camp week, I will be dogsitting someone's dog for almost a week. So, I don't know if I will really update chapters, but I will work on it. Also, I will describe what's the Norsewolf in the next few chapters. It's a creature that I made up.
Comment or vote, thank.
~Ghostwolf1999