Playing with the Devil

Banner by diagnosedwithlupus thanks for the beautiful banner

December 31st 2015

It's been a great year, not. I thought, sipping on my coffee in the cafe. I just spent my last twelve dollars.

This year I went through a break-up with an eligible bachelor who couldn't stick to one woman. He went through fifty women from what I've read in a magazine since he dumped me in January.

After I got dumped I went in search for a job and got one as a secretary in a law firm in San Francisco.

I enjoyed working in the law firm. Then one day my boss came onto me at a party. When I turned him down he went to the partners and told them that I broke the no dating Co- workers rule.

They fired me on the spot and that happened a week ago. I couldn't afford rent for the gorgeous pad I lived in. So, I left San Francisco right after that and came crawling back to the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.

I finish off my coffee and take a glance around the cafe. People are talking to each other and I'm alone in a corner booth with the newspaper. I flip through the newspaper and I see a picture of my Ex Landon Parker and he's wrapped around some stick thin blonde.

Landon's eyes have lost the light in them.

What has he done to himself?

The heading on the newspaper captures my attention.

Bachelor Gets thrown out of own Party

The eligible Bachelor Landon Parker has been thrown out of his own party after getting into a fight with a contender of the competition. This year Landon was named the most eligible bachelor after he broke up with his long term girlfriend, Mikayla Harrison.

Mikayla Harrison hasn't been seen around Los Angeles since they broke up. Rumours were heard the night they broke up was the night he was going to propose to her.

Landon Parker hasn't been seen with a girl worthy of the Parker last name since his Ex. If she shows up in Los Angeles what would her reaction be to finding this out?

I crumple up the paper and throw it under the table.

Why would they use my name in the same sentence as his? We haven't been together in nearly twelve months.

I sigh, rise from the chair and head to bin. I throw the cup away and exit the cafe.

On the way home I walk past Molly's. There's a sign on the window advertising positions available.

Positions Available

Bar person 
Dancer
Bouncers

The sign on the door is flipped to open. I push the door open and enter Molly's. I hear the bells ring from the door and I see the door chimes as the door shuts behind me.

I walk through the building. There are three stages painted red, with a pole in the middle of each.

The lights are flashing black and white. I can't see in front of me with the flashing lights making my eyes hurt.

I close my eyes for a second. When I open them I see the bar and the lights have stopped flashing.

A man stands behind the bar. He is tall 6.3ft, bulging muscles I bet I can do pull-ups on this man, tanned skin, brown eyes and black hair, he has a piercing in his ear. He smirks. "Did you find something you like?"

I laugh. "You're cute." I blurt, and cover my mouth. I feel my face heat up from embarrassment.

He throws his head back and laughs. "I wouldn't want my misses to find out about you flirting with me."