The Party

Banner by @ElizabethDanger thank you for the beautiful banner ;-)

A valet opens the car door for me and I step out of the vehicle. Landon stands next to me and I put my arm through his.

Landon and I walk down the red carpet and photographers are taking our pictures. Landon kisses my cheek and I hear 'Oooh's,' and 'Aaah's' from the crowd.

A female photographer asks. "Is it true that you two are back together?"

No, we're putting on a show for you.

There's a few more flashes from the cameras. Every time I blink I see the white flashes. Landon pulls me away from the paparazzi and leads me into the building.

I whisper. "What's the party for?"

Landon smiles. "I'm getting an award on behalf of Parker Inc. We saved a Lawyer firm going under. This firm handles pro bono cases and they won a major case during the time there company was going through difficulties."

I applaud. "Congrats, Landon.

A waiter walks by with a tray of drinks. I pull two glasses off the tray and give one to Landon.

I put the glass to my lips and drain the whole glass.

Landon shakes his head. "Mikayla, you're drinking on an empty stomach. You should get something to eat."

A waitress walk by with a tray of crackers and cheese. I take a couple off the plate and stick it in my mouth. "Ish that better?" I ask, with food in my mouth.

Small pieces of the crackers spill out of mouth.

Landon scrunches up his nose. "That's disgusting. Can you behave yourself tonight?"

I finish eating the food in my hand. "I'm going to the dance floor."

He frowns. "There's no music."

I point to the DJ setting up his equipment. "There will be."

I walk away from Landon.

On the way to the dance floor the DJ turns on the music and it comes out of the speakers around the room.

I grab another glass of wine. I throw the contents back.

Landon moves towards me. His jaw is tight and he has a scowl on his face. "You're embarrassing me."

I pull him close to me. I wrap my arms behind his head. "Is this still embarrassing you?"

He smirks. "I love it when your body is this close to mine. It still does things to me." Landon places his hand on my hips and we sway.

Landon spins us around the room and we crash into a waitress and she spills all the drinks on the floor. The shards from the glass are under my shoes and I can feel a few shards in the heels.

I look at Landon. "I have glass in my shoes."

Landon lifts me up and carries me over to a chair. He pulls my shoes off and grabs some napkins. He cleans my shoes and then he lifts my feet checking them. He looks at me. "You have a piece of glass in your foot. I need to take it out."

Landon wraps a couple napkins in his hand and places it over the glass.

I close my eyes as he pulls the glass out.

I scream.

He hands me a napkin to hold over the wound.

A group of people from the party take photos of this.

This is all I need. To be posted all over the papers for tomorrow. I hope Mariana doesn't read the gossip rags.

My phone beeps and I pull it out. I look on my Facebook page and see a photo of Landon and I together.