The Brothers

Banner by GitaPSiregar thanks for the beautiful banner ;-)

I enter the kitchen to find Grandmother and Grandfather holding hands and eating breakfast together.

They are in there own world and they don't notice me.

I walk over to the coffee pot and fix myself a drink.

Grandfather kisses her and I turn away from them.

I wish I had what they have.

I put the spoon in the sink and it makes a noise as it hits the steel.

Grandmother and Grandfather pull away from each other. They look at me.

"I'm sorry."

Grandmother smiles. "Good morning, Mikayla."

"Morning," I take a sip of the coffee and walk over to the table. I sit with them.

Grandmother turns to me. "Where were you last night?"

I look at the table. "I spent the afternoon with Mariana and George Lambert. They got a DNA test done for us. Their Doctor confirmed that I'm there's." I look around the kitchen. "Do you want me to leave your house?"

Grandfather shakes his head. "I like you being here, Mikayla. My wife always seems happier when you're around. Last year she was broody when you were away. Anyone that can make my wife happy gets to stay."

I rise and move toward them. I hug Grandfather and Grandmother. "Thank you."

Grandmother kisses my cheek. "Mikayla, you'll always be family. You're the only girl that I liked for my Grandson."

I move toward the sink and wash up the cup. I look at the time. "I have to get to the office. There's a lot of things I need to get done before I come home to get ready for the party."

Grandmother laughs. "You're still going to a party with my Grandson?"

I nod. "I never break a promise and I won't be starting now. I signed A Year Agreement with Landon. So, I have to do everything he needs me to do."

I exit the house and climb into the BMW.

***

At the office I pull the car into the CEO parking spot. Landon pulls his car into the spot next to mine.

He steps out of his car and shakes his head. "Who said you can park there?"

"Grandmother." I point at the car. "Would you like to see this beauty with a dent on it?"

Landon shakes his head. "No, I wouldn't. I don't think Grandmother would be pleased if her car had a dent." He looks at the ground. "Do you know what you're wearing to the party tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm wearing a lavender dress." I lead the way to the office. I hit the button of the lift.

The lift takes it's time to reach the floor. The door opens and I step inside.

I am surrounded by the smell of sandalwood and something else coming from Landon. Landon moves closer to me and he sniffs my neck. "You still bathe in Honey and milk. I forgot that's what you always smelled of."

I roll my eyes. "You can stop flirting, Landon. You're not going to get in my pants."

The lift bounces and the lights turn off.

This isn't good.

Landon hits the emergency button. "Someone will get us out soon."

I pull my phone out and look at the reception.