Long weekend

One Month Later

In the distance I hear. "Mikayla, wake up." I keep my eyes closed and roll over in the bed.

I hear a door open and a tap turned on. Before, I know it I'm woken up by water being poured all over me.

I scream.

I look like a drowned rat.

Landon steps away with the container in his hand. "Since, your up. You should have a shower. I'm taking you to my Grandparents lake house for the 4th of July."

I step out of the soaking wet bed and turn to him. "Put the sheets on the line while I take a shower." I walk over to the cupboard and pull out a towel.

I enter the bathroom and have a quick shower.

When I exit the bathroom Landon isn't anywhere to be seen. I walk over to the window and watch him struggle with hanging up the washing.

I start laughing as he throws the sheet on the ground.

He starts cursing.

I quickly pull on a skirt and t-shirt. I exit the house and the door slams behind me.

He turns to me. "Are you going to help me with the sheets?"

I nod. "It was funny watching you go off at the sheets."

I pick up the sheet off the ground and throw it across the line. I put three pegs on the sheet and walk away.

That's the way you hang up the washing.

Landon throws me over his shoulder. "Why do you make everything look easy?"

"That's because it is. Maybe, I need to show you how to wash and hang up your clothes."

He shakes his head. "Mum, always does that for me. She doesn't complain about doing my washing."

I roll my eyes."Mumma's boy."

"No, I'm not." Landon starts to spin around and I smack his back.

"Put me down, Landon."

He ignores me and spins us faster. He starts to lean to the side.

He's going to go down.

He holds onto the brick wall.

I slap his back. "Put me down, Landon."

He sets me on my feet. "Are you ready to go on this 4th of July trip?"

I nod.

Landon and I load the car. As we're placing the last thing in the car a limousine pulls into the driveway.

Sasha steps out of the car. "Are you ready for this long weekend?"

I run over to her. "Yes!" I look around for her boyfriend. "Where's Dimitri?"

She looks at the limo. "He's in the car. Do you want to ride with us or Landon?"

I turn to Landon. "Do you want me to ride with you?"

Landon shakes his head. "You can go with Sasha. You've been bugging me to see her for the last month."

Sasha and I run over to the limo.

I climb into the limo and take the seat next to the window. I look out the window as the car pulls onto the road.

Sasha picks up the bottle of champagne. "Do you want a drink?"

"Yes, please."

Sasha pours me a glass and passes it to me.

"How is it living in the White House?"

She leans forward. "It's so amazing. Dimitri has shown me all his hiding places. There's a passage way in the walls. One night Dimitri took me inside the walls and he told me that Marilyn Monroe used to use it to sneak in and see the president." Sasha cups her hand and whispers. "I don't believe it."

Dimitri laughs. "I heard that. I use those passages to sneak into your room at night. It's the quicker way back to my room without getting caught by my parents and bodyguards."

I shake my head. "You're a bad boy for sneaking into my Sister's room. The president's son should know that the easiest way to get some pregnant." I cover my mouth. "Oh, wait he already got you pregnant."

He turns to me. "I see where Sasha got her sass."

I wink. "Yeah, she learnt it from me. We haven't even known each other that long. How did you get away from the President for the 4th of July?"

Dimitri points at Sasha. "She asked them if we could spend time with her sister that she recently learnt of. They had no problem letting us go. But, we had to bring security. I hope you don't mind."

I look out the window and see three black cars following. "It's all good."

The car pulls over and I look out the window. "What are we doing at Mum and Dad's?"

Sasha shrugs. "I think Landon invited our brother's to come as well. Looks like it's a family weekend."

I don't want to be surrounded by over protective men. It's going to ruin the weekend.

I see the front door open and my brother's step out of the house. They walk over to Landon's car.

Robbie and Adam walk towards the limo.

The driver steps out of the car and opens the door for the. He takes their bags and place it in the boot.

Robbie and Adam climb into the car.

Robbie puts his arm around me and turns to our younger sister. "Nice ride, Sasha."

She laughs. "I'm glad you like it. I'm getting used to riding in style."

Adam starts to question her about the White House and she tells them.

Dimitri offers the boys some beer and they take it.

This is going to be a fun long weekend. I thought looking at the guys drinking beer.

Robbie leans over me and looks out the window. He points to the yellow jeep next to the limo. "That's my girlfriend."

I push him off me. "Why aren't you going with her?"

"She's with a few of her friends."

I roll my eyes. "Looks like all my brother's will have someone to hook up with."

I hope those girls stay away from Landon.

***

The limo pulls in front of beautiful log three story home. There's a fountain in the driveway with a gold plated P.

The limo driver opens the door and I step out of the car. I make my way over to Landon as he rounds the car and opens the boot.

As I get closer to him a girl pushes me out of the away and I fall on the ground. She wraps her arms around him. He shakes her arm off. "Get off me. I'm married." He shows her the ring. He pushes her aside and moves towards me.

Landon helps me up. "If you touch my wife again I won't stop her from hitting you." He looks at the other girls. "That's going to all of you. Also, the president's son is taken. Stay away from him as well. The rest of the guys are free." He throws his arms around my shoulder and he shows me into the house.

I enter the house and I see the stairs to the right of the door. A chandelier is hanging from the ceiling in the living and dining rooms.

Landon and I climb the stairs to the third story. At the end of the corridor he takes a key out of his pocket. "This room is always locked. I've never had a girl in my room before. When I was younger I used all the other room for my one night stands."

I didn't need to know that.

The door swings open and I enter the room. The walls are painted blue and has a feature wall. A window that over-looks the lake. I open the door and step onto the balcony.

I can see a lighthouse and the beach from here. The lake leads out to the ocean and there's heaps of boats on the lake.

Landon and I put our stuff on the bed and we exit the room.

Landon opens the cupboards and looks through the fridge. He looks at me. "I need to go shopping. Do you want to come?"

I nod.

Landon walks over to Sasha and Dimitri. "We're going to the shops. Do you need anything?"

Sasha pulls out a list. "Can you get me everything on this list?"

I take the list from her. "We'll get everything."

***

Landon and I walk through the grocery store and we pick up the food we need. On the way to the checkout register I hear. "Mikayla, is that you?"

I turn around and look at one of my high school bullies, Janice Hall.

Great! I was hoping to never crash into her again.

She runs over to me and throws her arms around me. "It's so good to see you."

It's not good to see you.

I push her away. "Don't touch me. We were never friend and we'll never be friends." I clench my hands into fists.

She looks over her shoulder at Landon. "He's too good for you. I wonder what he would say if he found out about what you did in High School."

She's lying. She doesn't know what I did in High School.

I glare at her. "What do you want?"

She smirks. "To ruin your life again. You remember the guy that knocked you up? He didn't die. He faked his own death to get away from you and me."

I shake my head. "You're lying. I watched him die and then his parents died after him."

"He changed his name and I bet you'll find him soon." She looks behind me. "Where is your daughter?"

I punch her in the face and blood splutters out of nose. "Shut up! You don't need to worry about my daughter."

Landon grabs my arm and pulls me away.

She crosses her arms. "Look up Tony White. You will know the truth."

Landon and I put our stuff on the register and pay for our items.

On the way out of the store we see a security guard enter the shop. Landon places his arm around me.

I hold onto him as we move toward the exit. We make it to the car and put the shopping in the boot. I climb inside.

Landon pulls the car onto the road and drives towards the Lakehouse.

***

Landon pulls the car in front of the house. He looks at me before he turns the ignition off. "What was that back at the store? I've never see you angry before. You're normally happy."

I open the door and step out of the car. I move toward the boot and open it. I pull out some of the bags."

"Mikayla?"

I turn toward him. "I don't want to talk about it, Landon." I take the bags inside and place them on the counter.

Landon enters the house as I exit and pick up more bags. I carry four more bags into the house and I place them on the counter.

As I turn to leave the room I crash into a hard chest. "Mikayla?" Robbie says.

I push him out of the way. I run upstairs to my room and put on my bikini.

I need to go for a swim. At least that way I can clear my head.

I exit the room and head towards the lake. At the lake I kick off my thongs and put my towel on the ground. I tie my hair up and walk across the wharf. I jump into the lake.

The lake chills my skin when I surface. My teeth chatter from the cold water. I swim across the lake.

I crash head first into a dingy. I rub the spot where I hit it.

A woman leans over the boat. "Are you alright?"

I glare at her. "No, you made me crash into this stupid thing. Get it away from me before I do something you'll regret."

She paddles away.

I continue my swim and my bad mood has increased as I see the last person I wanted to see again today.

Janice has a smirk on her face. "Hello, Mikayla. It's great to see you again. So, I just found out who the delicious piece of meat you're hanging out with is. How did you become a wife to someone like him? Did he pay you money to be his wife?"

I look towards the lake house.

She moves closer to me. "I'm going to the house and introduce myself to him." She licks her lips. "I wonder who else is at the house beside him and you." She walks away from me.

I run over to my towel and wrap it around me. "I don't want you going near my house. You've destroyed enough of my life. I won't allow you to take this away from me."

I throw my fist at her and it connects with her face.

Her head turns to the side and I hear a crack. When I withdraw my hand it's covered in her blood. I wipe my hand on the towel.

She looks at me and her face is covered in blood. She smiles. "You're going to pay for this. Do you remember who my Uncle is?"

I shrug. "I didn't care when I was younger and I still don't."

I stalk towards the house.

My hands and legs are shaking as I climb the stairs to the house. I sit down on the stairs as I can't make it the rest of the way to the house.

Robbie exits the house and sits next to me. He pulls his hand into mine. "What happened?"

I look at him. "My High School bully is in town and I've run into her twice. At the shopping centre where I almost punched her and then at the lake where I broke her nose."

Robbie laughs. "I always knew you were tough. But, you need to think before you do anything again. The paparazzi are always lurking around. The girl will win a case against you if you don't keep your temper in check." He holds my hand. "I can see in your eyes that you're about crack. I would prefer you to do it sooner than later. It's not healthy to bottle things up, Mikayla."

I'm not bottling anything up.

He kisses my cheek. "When you're ready to talk come find me." he leaves me sitting on the stairs.

I need to get changed.

I enter the house and run up the stairs to my bedroom. I gather my clothes and enter the shower.

The water is refreshing on my skin. I step out of the shower and get changed. As I slip on my t-shirt Landon enters the bathroom.

He crosses his arms. "The police are here for you."

I scoff.

Landon pulls me against him. "What did you do?"

I push him off me. "I punched that girl we saw at the shops in the face and broke her nose."

He shakes his head. "I thought you were going to leave her alone?"

I move away from him. "She came looking for me. She told me that you will be hers. I didn't appreciate her saying things that she shouldn't have. She wants you to herself." I look at the door. "All these woman want you, Landon. Why did you choose me?"

He holds onto a metal bar. "I love you, Mikayla. It will always be you that holds my heart. I will never hurt you the way I did last year. You know who you would listen to right now?"

I nod. "She's not here anymore, Landon. That's something we have to get used to."

There's banging on the bathroom door. "Police, open up."

I open the door and I'm faced with Janice's Uncle. I smile. "Hey, Pauley. What are you doing here?"

He shakes his head. "I'm sorry, Kay. I need to take you to the Police station. You beat up my niece. But, I'm sure you have a good reason for breaking her nose."

I chuckle. "You know I do. You've seen the way she's treated me since we were kids."

Landon whispers. "Shut up! I'll send a Lawyer to the station."

Logan steps into the room. "No need. I'm here. Don't say a word to them, sis."

Pauley looks at Logan. "I know you. You're Mariana and George Lamberts kid." He looks at me. "How can she afford you as a lawyer?"

I smirk. "He's my brother."

Pauley looks at the guys around the room. "My niece messed with the wrong person this time." he frowns. "What about the Harrison's who are they to you?"

"They're the people that kidnapped me."

Pauley shakes his head. "I let them go three years ago. I gave them a new identity and a second chance at life."

He was the one that called me while I was at university telling me they died. I just wish everything wasn't such a mess.

I stalk out of the room and I pull on my hair. Then I start cursing.

I pick up the closest thing. "First I get kidnapped." I throw the clock against the tiled floor.

I pick up something else and throw. "Then I grow up in an abusive home."

I throw an x-box on the ground breaking it. "My daughter gets sold and I never get to see her after I pushed her out of body." I fall on the ground sobbing.

I want my daughter.

***

Landon POV

I watch her throw things on the ground and cursing. She has tear running down her face. She picks up a knife and throws it at the ground.

I wish I could help her. Mikayla breaking down like this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Robbie is the first person to step forward and he wraps his arms around her. She pushes him off. "Don't touch me."

She picks up tumbler and it breaks in her hand. She has blood pouring down her hand.

I walk over to her and take the hand in mine. "Let's get this cleaned up." I carry her to the kitchen and I clean the wound.

I wish Grandmother was here for her. Grandmother is the only person she would listen to right now.

I wrap a bandage around her hand. "You're lucky the cut wasn't deep. I have to make a phone call."

I walk out of the room and call Mum.

Mum: Hello?

Me: Can you e-mail a video of Grandmother.

Mum: Which one do you want?

Me: The one Grandmother made for when Mikayla snapped.

Mum: She snapped?

Me: Yes, it was terrible. She broke a whole heap of things in the house. I'm sorry, Mum.

Mum: Don't worry about it, son. I'll send you the video now. I hope it will help her.

Me: Thanks, Mum.

My phone goes off and I pull open the email and find the attachment.

Me: I got it. Thank you, Mum. I'll call you tomorrow.

I hang up the phone and walk over to the kitchen where Mikayla is still sitting on the counter.

She looks at me as I enter the room.

I jump on the counter next to her and I wrap my arms around her shoulder. "I got Mum to send a video over. You won't listen to me. I hope you will listen to this person." I open the attachment for the video.

Grandmother pops up on the screen. "Mikayla, I made this video for when you break down. I've watched you over the year's bottle things up and once something gets hard for you, you explode. It's not healthy, Mikayla. If you're going to carry my Great Grandbabies I want you to talk things out with someone. If you don't I will have Landon send you to rehab. I don't want to be harsh with you. But, I love you and I don't want to see you hurt yourself or another person. Just let it go, Mikayla.

I love you, Grandmother."

The video goes blank.

Mikayla has tears running down her face, "She's right, Landon. I need help."

I hug her. "We'll get you some help when we go home. I love you, Kay." I pick her up and carry her to the bedroom.

I place her on the bed and I pull the covers over her. "Get some sleep. I'll get you when dinner is ready." I kiss her forehead and exit the room.

I move towards the cupboard and I pull out the dustpan and broom. I start to clean up the house.

Robbie moves over to me. "We need to look for her daughter. I can tell Mikayla needs the child."

I nod. "She does. I hope someday she will want to have a family with me."

Robbie claps my shoulder. "She wants to start a family with you. Just not with the agreement in the way."

How does he know?

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

I hope you all enjoyed the latest chapter of The Billionaire's Agreement. Let me know what you thought of it ;-)