Juliet

Banner by ruinlands thanks for the banner ;-)

Juliet POV

Nolan enters the work office and looks at looks over my shoulder at the computer screen. "Why are you going through Missing Person's files on the Internet?"

I turn toward him. "I don't think they were my parents. They stole Mikayla from her family. They could have done the same thing to me. I found a girl that went missing when she was one and now she would be about my age. I'm thinking of going to the Police."

He shakes his head. "Before you speak to the police. See what Mikayla remembers before you moved in with them. She is the only person that can help you out with this situation."

I nod. "I'll talk to her." I shut down the computer and move over to the cupboard. I pull out a skirt and t-shirt and put them on. I turn to Nolan. "How do I look?"

He steps forward and kisses my forehead. "You look gorgeous, sweetheart. When do you want to go to Parker Inc?"

I wrap my arms around his neck. "Can we go now? I don't think I can wait that long and not finding out more about who I am and where I came from." I sigh. "Mikayla was lucky to find her family. But, she's forgotten about me."

Nolan shakes his head. "She hasn't forgotten about you. You left when you were sixteen when I helped you escape your father and mother. Does she know that you were..."

Raped? No, she doesn't and I don't intend on telling her. She will blame herself for not protecting me more. She did everything to protect me when we were growing up.

I cover his mouth. "I don't want to talk about it, Nolan. I told you that in confidence, so, you wouldn't force me into anything that I didn't want to do."

He hugs me. "I'm sorry, Juliet."

I lean my head back and look into his brown eyes. "I forgive you. Can we go before I chicken out?"

He swipes the keys off the bedside table. "Let's go, sweetheart."

I lock up the house and follow him outside. I climb into the car and put my seatbelt on. I place my hand in Nolan's and he pulls out of the driveway.

On the way to Parker's Inc I see a little girl with her Mum and she's laughing. I turn to Nolan. "I want to have that type of relationship with our child one day."

Nolan moves my hand to his mouth and he kisses. "You will have that type of relationship with our child." He stops at a traffic light and turns to me. "Do you want to start a family with me?"

I bite my lip. Tears well up in my eyes. "I'm pregnant, Nolan."

His face goes pale. "I wasn't expecting it to start right away."

I laugh. "The baby will be here in eight months not right now." I look out the window and mumble. "I hope Kay finds her daughter by then."

Nolan squeezes my hand. "She will find her daughter. From what I've heard she's got heaps of people her right now.

Nolan pulls into the parking lot of Parker Inc. He show's his badge to the security guard the gates open and he pulls into a parking spot close to the door. He steps out of the car and he opens the door for me.

I take his hand and step out of the car.

Nolan and I take the lift to the top floor.

When we step out of the lift some woman look at me.

A blonde steps in front of Nolan. She drags her fingers down his shirt. "Hey, baby. How about me and you have a quickie in the staffroom."

Nolan holds my hand. "I can't. My fiancé and I are here for business. We aren't here for whatever you have on mind."

She crosses her arms. "I didn't see your name on the appointment list with Mr Parker."

I pull Nolan away from her. I look over my shoulder. "We're not here to see him."

"Mrs Parker is busy. She won't be able to see you."

Mikayla will squeeze me in. I hope.

I knock on Mikayla's office door.

"Come in." I hear muffled through the door.

I open the door and step into her office.

Mikayla looks up from the computer. She smiles. "What are you doing here?"

I sit. "Can't I visit my big sister?"

"This is the third time I've seen you in this office during the time I've worked here. What do you need, Juliet?"

I cross my legs and look at her. "What do you remember about me, Kay? Was I stolen like you?"

Mikayla closes her eyes. She opens them and then she looks at the table. She places her hand on the table. "You were taken like me. Do you want to know about the time they left me and returned with you?"

I nod.

Mikayla rises and moves around the room. "I was six when they dropped me off at our Uncle's place." She laughs. And it's a weird laugh I've never heard from her before. She shakes her head. "I don't know why I said he dropped me off. He actually threw me out of the car and kicked me in the stomach. He leaned over me and said. "Be good with your Uncle. We'll be back with a sister for you."

She looks at the ground and I see tears streaming down her face. "I spent the next four days being beaten and tied up. Uncle made sure I didn't have food. I even broke my arm and it never healed properly."

Mikayla moves to the wall and she slides down it. She wraps her arms around her legs. "I can't talk about this anymore." She whispers.

I hear a knock on the door. I turn to the door. I see a silhouette through the blinds.

"Mikayla?"

She shakes her head. "Please, don't let him in here. He can't see me like this."

The door opens.

I run over to the door. "Hey, Landon."

Landon steps back. "What are you doing here? Is my brother with you?"

I nod. "Yeah, I thought he went to you. If he's with those girls I saw when I entered this floor. I will kill him."

Landon laughs. "I would love to see you do that."

I exit the room. "Landon, don't go in there. She asked me to stop you from going in there."

He nods. "I won't go in there. Can you tell me why you're here?"

I look at the room. "I had to ask Mikayla if she knew I was taken when I was younger. She told me what she went through on the weekend that I was taken. I didn't know she went through so much. She always had a smile on her face."

Landon looks at the door. "A lot of people would have broken down a long time ago and turned to sex, drugs and alcohol. We're lucky that's not the direction she took."

I touch his arm. "Her daughter was the reason she didn't turn to that stuff when she was seventeen."

"How old were you when you met my brother?"

"Thirteen, Nolan couldn't help me until I was fifteen."

Landon hugs. "I'm going to check on her now. I think she's calm enough to talk to me," he enters the office.

I search for Nolan.

"Nolan, you promised the next time I saw you we'd..." she cuts.

I cross my arms. "You'd do what?"

She smirks. "He'd have..."

Nolan pushes her away. "I never promised you shit. Why are you always desperate for some action from my brother and me? We both have girlfriends and yet you keep pulling these stunts. Since, you're unhappy with your life you want to see other people hurt."

Landon and Mikayla walk over to us.

Landon shakes his head. "Have you been harassing my brother, Laney?"

She shakes her head. "No, sir."

Mikayla pulls me away. "We need to finish off the talk."

We reach her office and she locks the door. "The day they returned I was black and blue. I had problems seeing. I remember you touched my face and whispered. 'I'm here, big sister. I'll take care of you.' and you did. As soon as we got home you got me some vegetables and put on my eye. We shared a bed and I made a promise to myself and that was to protect you."

I hug her. "You did everything you could. Thank you, Mikayla."

Mikayla pulls away from me. "I think you should go to the authorities and let them know that you were taken at a young age."

I look at the door. "Can you come with me?"

"Alright, let me get my stuff and then we can go."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Billionaire's Agreement.