Robbie

Banner by diagnosedwithlupus thanks for the beautiful banner

Robbie POV

At 8am, one of my brothers enter my room. He pushes me off the bed and I fall on the hardwood floors.

I lift my head and see my favourite brother. "I'm going to pay you back for that."

Brent laughs. "First, we need to welcome, Mikayla into our family with our famous wake-up call."

I climb to my feet. "I'm going to blame it all on you when she comes after us."

He shrugs. "I don't mind getting blamed. Are you ready?"

I pull on a t-shirt and follow my brother to the bathroom. I open the door to the bathroom and put the bucket in the bath. I turn on the cold water and wait for the bucket to fill.

Brent and I carry the bucket to her room.

Brent is giggling.

"Shhh," I whisper.

I open the door to Mikayla's room.

Brent and I move toward her bed.

She opens her eyes and looks at us. Her eyes widen at the bucket in our hands.

Brent and I tip the bucket all over her.

Some water goes into her mouth and she spits it out.

Mikayla jumps out of bed. "You both are dead."

Brent and I look at each other before we run out the door. On the way down the hall we see Logan and Josh.

"What's going on?" Logan yells.

Brent and I run down the stairs and out the door.

I look over at the pool. "I'm going to wait by the pool for Mikayla."

I lay down on the pool chair and close my eyes. I hear a splash and look at my brother in the pool.

Before I know it I'm being lifted on the chair and dumped into the pool.

I hear Mikayla laugh.

When I rise to the surface she's gone. I look around the pool for Brent. "Where did she go?"

Brent shrugs. "Maybe, inside." He pulls himself out of the pool. "Mum's not going to be happy with us going into the house with wet clothes on."

I look at the house. "She didn't have any problems with Mikayla walking into the house with wet clothes on."

Brent and I walk to the door and we watch Mikayla talk to Dad. Brent looks at me. "I'm glad she chose to stay with us for a couple of days."

I nod. "Me, too. I just feel bad that it took her Grandparents death to bring her over here. If they didn't die I wonder if she would have wanted to get to know us."

Brent puts his arm around my shoulder. "Mikayla, would have come her no matter what. She wants to get to know the family she didn't have growing up."

Mikayla walks out of the kitchen.

Brent and I enter the house.

Mum looks at Brent and I. "What did I tell you boys about dirtying my floors?"

Brent shrugs. "You let Mikayla walk through here wet."

Mum shakes her head. "She's a visitor. Get changed and then you two can clean my floor before you have breakfast."

Brent and I run up the stairs and get changed.

When Brent and I enter the kitchen I can see my family sitting at the table enjoying breakfast. I look at the food on the table. "You better save me something for breakfast."

Logan shakes his head. "Nah, I'm starving all this food is mine."

I finish cleaning the floor and I tackle my big brother. He and I roll along the floor.

Mikayla rolls her eyes at us. She puts a piece of pancake in her mouth. She moans and I look over at her. "This tastes good. You'll have to teach me how to make these pancakes."

Mum smiles. "I will. How about when Sasha comes home after graduation we all take a cooking class together."

I look at Mum. "Mum, don't force things with Mikayla and Sasha. Sasha's not going to like to."

Mum looks at the table. "I'm sorry."

I wish there was something I could do to help Mum out with Sasha. But, there's nothing I can do.

After breakfast Mikayla and I clean the kitchen. She turns to me. "Thanks for helping me clean the kitchen."

I smile. "You're welcome."

***

At 2pm, the twins enter the house.

Sasha's going to be a bitch now!

Sasha looks around the room and when her eyes land on Mikayla she glares.

I push Mikayla behind me. "Sasha, she's your sister."

I don't want to see my twin hurt. She's been through too much already.

Sasha shakes her head. "I don't have a sister. You're all playing a horrible joke on me."

Adam throws his arm around Sasha and he whispers something in her ear.

I look at Mikayla.

I should get her away from here for a few days. I hope that when we come back Sasha is back to her normal self.

Mum looks at Sasha. "No, we're not. This is your sister Mikayla Harrison."

Sasha shakes her head. "SHE'S NOT MY SISTER." She runs out of the house.

Mikayla sighs.

She walks up the stairs.

I look at Mum and Dad. "I'm taking her to the Lakehouse. Can you sort the twins out before Mikayla and I come home."

Mum nods. "I'll do my best."

I look at Adam.

He crosses his arms. "I'm never going to hear the end of this with Sasha if I listen to you."

I shrug. "Make her listen, Adam. This might be the last chance she gets to know her sister. Mikayla will be going home with her fiancé soon."

Adam looks at the stairs. "She's got a boyfriend?"

I nod. "She's dating Landon Parker and she has been for a while. Sasha and you will be going back to school on Monday. Just give her a chance." I move toward him and place my hand on his shoulder. "You won't regret getting to know her." I look at the stairs. "I haven't regretted a moment I've spent with her even if it's been a short time."

I see Mikayla walk down the stairs with her bags.

She looks over at the family. "I'm sorry I caused problems with Sasha and you."

She opens the door.

I run after her. "Please, don't go. Come with me?"

I take her hand and lead her to the garage.

On the way to the garage I see Sasha sitting on the steps. She looks at us.

Sasha sticks her tongue out at Mikayla.

Mikayla flips her off.

I shake my head.

***

I pull the car onto a dirt track and I follow it to the end. I climb out of the car and unlock the gate.

Max Hunter gave me this place when he died six years ago.

*Flashback*

Seven Years ago.

I was 21 when I visited Echo Lake for the first time. I was jogging along the lake and I saw an old guy hold his chest and collapse. I called an ambulance for him. I ran over to him and I kept talking to him until an ambulance arrived.

The ambulance guys took him to the hospital and I ran to my car. I followed them to the hospital.

I really want to know if the old guy was going to make.

At the hospital I waited to hear some information about him. They told me he had a heart attack and he had to stay in the hospital for a while.

They asked me if I wanted to see him.

I nod.

The doctor showed me to his room.

I visited him every day that I was in Echo Lake.

A year later, he died on his own. I was the only person to visit him. I visited him monthly.

*Flashback end*

I climb into the car and look at my twin.

It's going to be good to have a memory to share with my sister in this place.

I drive the car up to the house. I park the car.

Mikayla steps out of the car and she looks at the house. "I like this place." She moves towards the path that leads to the dock. She smiles. "Do you have a boat? If you do. That would be awesome to do tomorrow."

I shake my head. "I don't have a boat. I'll give a friend call as he has one. He lives close by. I hope you know how to ski."

She nods. "I know how to ski. A friend taught me how to when he helped me out when I needed it the most."

I smile. "I'd like to meet the guy."

Mikayla looks at the ground. "I haven't seen him since he helped me out when I was eighteen."

I hope she gets to this guy again. He sounds like someone my family should know. Since, he helped her when she needed it the most.

I show Mikayla the house. I give her the bedroom across from mine. I look at her. "What do you want for dinner?"

She shrugs.

I show her to the kitchen and I find the local pizzeria number. I give them a call and place my order.

I hang up the phone. "The pizza will be here in twenty minutes. Do you want to look for a movie to watch?"

She follows me to the lounge room.

I point to to the massive collection of DVDs.

She looks through them until she pulls one out and places it on the table.

I look at the title 'Titanic.' "Do you really want to watch this movie?"

She nods. "It's one of my favourite movies. It make me cry every time young Leonardo DiCaprio dies. I love Jack and Roses story."

Sasha feels the same way about this movie. She has thing in common with my twin.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of The Billionaire's Agreement.