Approached By The CIA

Banner by @Angielicixus thanks for the beautiful banner.

I would like to dedicate this chapter to DAAshwood thank you for supporting since you discovered my books. Thank you for all the Votes and comments as well. It means a lot to me. :-)

Landon's POV

I pull the car into the parking lot of Parker Inc. I park in one of the four parking spaces for the CEO's.

I look at my passenger seat where Mikayla sitting.

She turns to me. "It feels weird to be driving with you again to work I was starting to get used to Grandmother driving me to work."

I take her hand and give it a kiss. "Shall we go in?"

She nods. "Yes, I have some things I need to complete. I'll email you your appointments as well."

I shake my head. "No, need. My other assistant did that already. She stepped up when you were off. I'm giving her a promotion."

She crosses her arms. "Doing what?"

I step out of the car.

I don't want to argue with her in a small space.

Mikayla steps in front of me. "What's her new position?"

I start to move to the office. "She's taking your job."

Mikayla's mouth drops. "Why are you giving someone else my job?"

I press the button for the lift.

She taps her feet waiting for me to reply.

I turn to her. "Grandmother, gave you a promotion in the company. Today will be your first day being C.O.O. You will be making sure everything is running fine and you'll report back to me. Your office will be adjoining mine."

She smiles. "I can't believe Grandmother would give me a promotion. What does coo mean?"

I nod. "You will be known as the Chief Operating Officer. I have also hired a receptionist for you. She will be starting tomorrow."

The lift opens and we step inside. The door closes and Mikayla watches the floor numbers go up on the lift.

When the lift door opens I cover her eyes with my hands. "Do you trust?"

She nods.

Good.

I lead her to her new office.

At the office I remove my hand from her eyes. She looks at the door and hugs me. "This is the best present anyone's ever given."

I laugh. "Grandmother wanted you to have something that means a lot to her and this company is one of those things. I am the other thing that she wants you to have."

She enters the office and looks around. "This room is great. Whose room was this?"

I frown. "Don't you remember this was the one I had that summer when you first worked for Parker Inc?"

She smiles. "Your Grandparents offered a work experience placement in there office. They interviewed a whole heap of girls that day. Your Grandmother took one look at me and she whispered to your Grandfather to hire me. Who knew that summer would make us Best Friends? But, didn't you finish University early?"

"Yeah, I finished University early because I spend all the holidays studying. I wanted to show my Grandparents that I took the job seriously and that I wanted to be the next CEO of Parker Inc., when my father retires."