Going Home

Banner by ElizabethDanger thanks for the beautiful banner ;-)

I am going to start doing dedications starting from this chapter. I would like to dedicate this chapter to everyone who has been following this book from the beginning. I truly appreciate it. To those who have read the original story I hope this one has improved for you.

I've been in the hospital for a couple of days. The doctors wanted to keep an eye on me just in case something happened.

This morning the doctor walked into my room and told me that I was going home today. My brother Josh was with the doctor. He agreed that I could go home as well. But, he wants me to call him if anything happens.

I climb out of the bed and walk into the bathroom with my backpack. I step into the shower and let the water wash over me. I pick up the soap and wash my body.

After the shower I pull on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. When I enter the room I see Landon and Grandmother in the room.

They are arguing about whose home I'm going to once I'm released from this place. Landon wants me to go home with him because he misses me.

Grandmother wants me to go home with her because she doesn't trust her Grandson with me at all. She wants him to prove to us all that he deserves me.

I'm sure he'll prove that to all of us.

I whistle gaining there attention. "That's enough. If you both don't stop I will spend the night at a motel." I look at Landon. "I don't want to go home with you yet. Come to Grandmother's on Friday night and I'll go back to yours then."

Grandmother looks at me. "Is that what you want Mikayla?"

I nod. "I miss being with Landon. He may be an idiot at times, but, that's what I like about him."

She laughs. "I agree with that."

Landon shakes his head. "Hey, that's not fair. The two of you ganging up on me!" he pouts.

I pull out a tissue from my bag and give it to him. "Cry me a river." I gather my things and turn to Grandmother. "I'm ready to go."

Landon looks at Grandmother and I. "Before you go I need to tell you something. My driver got the number plate of the car." he scratches the back of his head. "Grandmother it was, Jasiah."

Grandmother's face turns pale and she moves to a chair. She looks at Landon and I. "There's something important that I need to tell the two of you. I didn't want to make a huge deal out of this." She takes a deep breath. "Jasiah is trying to kill your Grandfather and I. He has it in his mind if he kills us he will get his fortune from the will."

I move quickly over to Grandmother and I wrap my arms around her. I have tears running down my face. "We need to stop him, Grandmother."

She nods. "The CIA know about this. They are working with me to get him behind bars." She looks at Landon. "You need to stay away from your cousin. I don't want you to have any contact with him or you'll ruin the case."

I didn't think things could be this bad.

Landon's hands forms fists and his jaw tightens. "I'm going to kill him if I see him, Grandmother." he looks at me. "He almost took Mikayla away from me and I won't forgive him for that."

Landon kneels in front of Grandmother. "You can't leave me, Grandmother."

She laughs. "I'll never leave you. If I die at the hands of your cousin..." she pauses and looks at me. "... Mikayla, you need to make sure that the do an autopsy."