4th July

I am woken by the delicious smell of a cinnamon roll. I turn to Landon as he places the tray on the bedside table.

That smells so good.

Landon climbs into bed with me. "I brought you breakfast in bed, sweetheart." He pulls the plate off the tray and gives it to me.

I take a bite out of it. "Hmm, it tastes like heaven."

Landon smiles and it lights up his entire face. "I'm glad you like it. I made it from scratch." He pulls the second one off the tray. He takes a bite out of his.

I hear banging on our door.

Landon shouts. "What?"

My brother opens the door slightly and peeks in. "Can we have some cinnamon rolls?"

I look at my twin. "Take whatever you want, brother. I'm sure you can all afford the food you take." I turn to Landon. "What time are leaving?"

He looks at the clock. "We'll leave at ten." He whispers. "I want to spend time with you, without the rest of your family."

I smile. "Good, cause I really want to spend time alone with you. Let's go for a walk along the lake."

I finish off the cinnamon roll and then climb out of the bed. I walk over to the cupboard and put on a red dress that stops above my knees. I put on a pair on converse sneakers.

Landon looks at me. "How's your ankle?"

"It's a bit sore. But, I can walk on it. If it make you feel better you can carry me around, white knight?"

He laughs. "Maybe," he pulls me into his arms and carries me down the stairs. Landon looks at my brothers and sister who are in the kitchen eating breakfast. "I'm going for a walk with Mikayla. We'll be back before ten."

I wave at my family as Landon carries me out the door. "You can put me down now."

Landon puts me back on my feet and he holds my hand.

As we walk around the lake I see some paparazzi hiding behind the trees. I point to them. "Are they ever going to leave us alone?"

He shakes his head. "No, just do what I always and that's ignore them. They won't get to you as much."

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me flush against him. He leans in and kisses me.

I open my mouth slightly allowing him entrance.

His tongue grazes mine.

I move my hand from around his neck and drag it through his hair. I hear the clicking of cameras and I pull away from Landon. "They don't need to see anything else."

He chuckles. "I agree."

I lie my head against his arm as we continue our walk around the lake.

I'm glad to be here with Landon.

I hear birds chirping in the tree close by. The sun is glistening on the lake and I can feel the heat from the sun as it shines on me.

I fan my face with my hands.

Landon looks at me. "Are you ready to go home?"

I nod.

He looks at me as I wipe sweat from my face. "Climb on my back and I'll carry you back to the house. I should have brought water on this walk. I didn't expect it to be this hot. I'm sorry, Kay."

I shake my head. "That's alright, Landon. We just didn't think it would be this hot so early in the morning."

My nose wrinkles as I smell the body odour coming from Landon. "You need to shower when we get home."

He nods. "I will. But, I want you to join me."

I shake my head. "Landon, shower time was my favourite when it came to us. I'm not going to jump in the shower with you until..." I cut myself off.

He sighs. "I know. Until the agreement is no longer a part of our relationship." He shakes his head. "I can't believe how stubborn you are when it comes this."

Landon enters the house and he places me on the lounge.  "I'm going to have a shower." He exits the room.

Sasha enters the living room and she sits next to me. "Dimitri's driving me crazy."

I laugh. "Landon's doing the same to me. Is anyone using your shower?"

She shakes her head. "I'll show you to my room and you can have a shower. Do you need to get you some clothes?"

"Yes, please. Just wait until he's in the shower and get me one of the dresses in the cupboard."

Sasha shows me to her bathroom and I strip out of my clothes before stepping into the shower.

After the shower I pull on the yellow dress Sasha brought down for me.

Thanks sis.

I exit the bathroom and find Landon standing against the door.

He pulls me in for a hug. "I thought you were going to shower in ours after I was finishes."

I shake my head. "You always take forever in the shower. I'm sure you took care of yourself in there too."

He rolls his eyes. "Are you ready to go into town? There's so many things to do there. My favourite is the cotton candy."

I squeeze his stomach and I feel his six pack under my hands. "You shouldn't eat that stuff. You're putting on weight." I tease.

He growls.

I chuckle. "I'll see you later, cotton candy man." I run out of the room and he chases me.

He yells. "You're going to pay for that, sweetheart."

I run into the living room where my brothers are sitting around. I hide behind Robbie. "Hide me, Robbie."

He looks at Landon and raises his arms. "This isn't my fight man." Robbie moves away from me.

Traitor.

Landon stalks towards me and he lefts to me up and places me on the lounge. He starts to tickle me.

I kick my feet out at him and it hits him where the sun don't shine.

He grabs it and looks at me with watery eyes as he clutches his junk. "Why?" he mutters, before he falls completely to the floor.

I didn't mean to do it.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a bag of peas. I move toward him with the bag of peas in my hand.

He takes it from me and places on his junk.

Sasha looks at the peas in disgust. "I'm not going to eat those frozen peas." She looks at Dimitri. "If I ever kick there remind me never to give you a bag of peas. She walks out the door.

***

Landon and I drive in a separate car to my family. He keeps complaining there's not enough room in the limo for all of us.

I think it's his way of telling my brother's that he wants me all to himself.

The limo pulls beside our car and Landon pulls the window down as someone does in the limo.

Dimitri sticks his head out the window. "Why didn't you tell me we were so close to Hope Springs?"

Landon shrugs. "I didn't think it was important. How do you know about Hope Springs?"

Dimitri shakes his head. "My father President Benjamin Bennett is going to be there. I didn't want to introduce him to my girlfriend's family just yet. Now, I'll have to do that as he'll be here today for the celebration."

I'm going to meet the President. No, I'm not dresses appropriately to meet him.

"Dimitri, take my brothers and sister this afternoon and stay with your family. I want you to celebrate with mine and yours. Tell Sasha I'll see her at the house tonight."

The light turns green and Landon drives through the intersection. He smiles. "Thank you for doing that."

I shake my head. "I'm not ready to the meet the President or First Lady. I've never really dealt with meeting families in laws before and I'm not ready to meet powerful ones at that."

Landon pulls the car a parking spot. "You're going to meet them one day."

I step out of the car. "When that days happens I'll be wearing an elegant dress and you will be wearing a tux with your hair gelled to side, giving your hair the wet look I love so much."

Landon and I walk through the Fair grounds.

I've never been to a fair before.

Landon takes my hand as we walk through the crowd heading towards the stage. Taylor Swift is on the stage singing a song and making the crowd go wild.

After her set is done Benjamin Bennett steps onto the stage with his wife, two daughter and Dimitri.

Dimitri looks at Sasha. He mouths. "Come here." Sasha and my brother's climb on the stage and they join the First Family.

Landon wraps his arms around me. "Your family look comfortable on the stage with them. That's where you belong, Kay."

I belong where with my seven year old daughter is. Not, in this town close to rubbing shoulders with the president.

I look around at all the families here.

I need to call L.A's Angels when I get home.

Landon and I walk away from the stage and he pulls me over to the cake table. He picks up a fork and scoops a slice of cake and puts it in my mouth,

I chew the cake and it's too creamy for my taste. I look at the woman. "Do you want an honest opinion on your cake?"

The woman nods. "It's too creamy. If you use less that would make a difference to your cake. You should make sure people like it creamy before you make it."

She smiles. "Thank you, I wish there were more honest people out there."

Landon puts the fork into the cake and tries a piece for himself. He moans. "I don't mind it being creamy."

Landon and I try at least fifteen different cakes and some started to go down until close to the end of the line.

I place my hand in stomach. "I'm stuffed."

Landon laughs. "I hope you can come with me on the boat ride tonight to see the fireworks. I hope you won't be too stuffed that you'll puke on my boat.

***

At 6pm, Landon and I make our way out of the fair grounds. When we get closer to the car four bodyguards surround us.

What's going on?

A body guard steps forwards and looks at me. "Excuse me, Miss. You need to come with us right now." He looks at Landon. "You to, Sir. The President wants to meet the both of you."

I shake my head. "I don't want to meet the president."

I watch Sasha push her way through the bodyguards. "You don't have a choice. I want my sister to meet my boyfriend's parents. They have invited us on their boat to tour the lake until the 9pm, fireworks. Please come with us? They have food on the boat."

Landon takes my hand. "Yes, free food."

The bodyguards and Sasha show us to the boat. I look at the white boat that has been named Constellation."

I climb on the boat with Landon's help.

Music begins to play on the upper deck and drinks are being service. I pick up a glass of champagne and drink.

Sasha pulls me in front of President Benjamin Bennett and his wife First Lady Elizabeth Bennett. "I want you to meet my sister "Mikayla Harrison."

The First Lady smiles. She takes my hand. "Hello, I'm Elizabeth Bennett."

I shake her hand. "It's nice to meet you First lady."

She laughs. "Please, call me Liz. You're practically family."

The President rises and he moves towards me. "It's nice to meet you, Mikayla."

I smile. "You, too, Mr President. I would like for you to meet my Husband Landon Parker."

The President turns to Landon and they start talking.

I watch them walk to the back of the boat where I see my brothers standing with Dimitri.

The First Lady clears her throat. "Mikayla, I would like to extend an Invitation to the White House for your husband and you. I would like to personally thank you for protecting my son during that attack. You should do something with the skills you have."

I sit next to her. "I'm actually joining a team that have the same skills as me and they all have their own families as well."

The president returns with Landon and he takes his wife's hand. "We need to greet the guests, sweetheart."

She takes his hand and they leave.

Sasha smiles. "She likes you."

Landon sits down on a chair and he pulls me onto his lap. I snuggle into him.

***

At 9pm, we watch the fireworks as they explode over the lake lighting the sky up in different colours as they explode.

I cover my ear with my hand as the noise hurts them. I hear an sssss noise come from a fireworks as it spirals in the air and disappears.

It reaches its peak before bursting into colour.

Landon nestles his head between my neck and whispers. "Happy fourth of July."

I turn in his lap and kiss him.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of A Year Agreement The Billionaire's Agreement