Adam

Banner by lackingromance thanks for the beautiful banner

I would like to wish fellow Aussie's a Happy Australia Day. I hope you all had a great day celebrating the beautiful country we live in. ;-)

Adam POV

I am woken up by Sasha moaning.

Doesn't she know the walls are thin? I hate waking up every morning to this.

I bang on the wall. "Shut up,"

I pull the pillow over my ears. I can still hear her. I pull the covers off and head towards the kitchen.

I put the kettle on and start to cook breakfast. I am about to turn the bacon over when Sasha exits her room with her boyfriend.

At least they're wearing clothes.

She kisses him. "Are you sure, you can't stay for breakfast?"

He shake his head. "I'm having breakfast with my father." He looks at the clock. "Besides, it's rude to keep the president waiting. Even though he is my father."

Sasha laughs. "I can't wait until I meet your parents. Do you think they'll like me?"

He nods. "Yes, they will. I'll come by tonight." He kisses her cheek and exit the apartment.

I shake my head. "Sasha, you could do better than that guy. Why would you fall in love with The President's Son?"

She shrugs. "You can't help who you fall in love with, Adam. When the woman shows up in your life, you'll know exactly how I feel for Demitri. Why do you hate him?"

I throw my arm over my twin's shoulders. "It's in the twin rule book. Protect your younger twin from all trouble."

Sasha laughs. She looks at the ground. "Do you think Robbie thinks about his twin, sister?"

I nod. "Yeah, I think that's why he stayed away from us. We had what he didn't. He tried to be a good big brother.

Sasha whispers. "Every year I pray for her to be found." She looks at the ground. "But, then I remember the way mother treated me and I wish she'd stay away. I'm confused about how I should feel about her."

I like the idea of having a big sister. But, when I look at my twin I'm reminded of the pain of rejection from our mother and that makes me hate her.

"I need to pee. Can you pour me a cup of coffee?"

"Okay,"

She exits the living room and heads down the hall. I hear the close behind her.

My phone starts to ring and I walk over to it. I hit the answer button and put it on loud speaker.

Me: Mum, why are you calling?

Mum: I want to see how my kids are.

Me: Like you care.

Mum: Is Sasha with you?

Me: Yeah, Mum. Give me a sec and I'll get her.

Sasha: Mum, what do you want?

Mum: I have some news for you.

Sasha: That's the only time you ever call. Why is that you call when everything's going great for us? Do you like making us feel shitty about ourselves?

Mum: Sasha Maria Lambert, you watch yourself. She sighs. I don't want to argue with you. I'm sorry, Sasha, for the way I treated you. I never had the right to abandon you at a young age. But, I missed my first born daughter. Sasha, Adam, I found Maya. I am looking at your sister right now. But, she doesn't go by Maya now. Her name is Mikayla. And she's my kidnapped daughter.

Sasha: You're going to replace me with her? It's not like you ever cared about me, Mum. I hate you.

Sasha storms out of the house.

Me: Mum, you need to talk to her.

Mum: I will when you both come home over the weekend. I have booked you non- refundable return tickets.

Me: I can't home without, Sasha. She needs some time to get her head wrapped around the reality of our big sister being a part of our lives. How much did, Mikayla, hear?

Mum: She left while I was talking to your sister.

I shake my head. I'll see you on the weekend. Bye, Mum.

Mum: Bye, son.

I hang up.

I finish cooking breakfast and put the food on my plate.

Sasha enters the house. She has an envelope in her hands. "Mum, brought us tickets to Los Angeles?"

I nod.

She shakes her head. "I'm not going home." She drops the tickets on the table. "Please, tell me you're not considering going?"

I shrug. "I want to meet her. I want to see if she's worthy of being my Big Sister. You should do the same. Give her a chance. I know you're curious about her."

Sasha sighs. "Fine, let's start to pack our bags for the trip home. I really want to get the 'meeting my Big Sister' thing out of the way."

I cut into my breakfast. "I'm going to eat first. Your coffee is on the table. I'm not sure if it's still hot."

Sasha walks over to the cup and she picks it up. She brings the cup to her lips and drinks. She licks her lips. "It's lukewarm just the way I like it."

I look at her. "Do you have any classes today?"

Sasha nods. "Classes don't start until ten. So, I still have two hours to spare. What about you?"

"No, but, I have to head to the library and study for finals. I can't believe that we're nearly finished with University."

Sasha places her hand on my arms. "I can't wait until I get to work my first fulltime job." She takes a piece of bacon from my plate and then walks down the hall."

While Sasha is in her bedroom I hear my phone ring and I look at the caller ID. It says withheld.

I wonder who would be calling.

I answer it. Hello this, Adam.

Woman: Hi, Adam. My name is Mikayla and I'm your sister.

This isn't good. I hope Sasha doesn't come out.

Me: How did you get my number?

Mikayla: Logan, gave it to me. He said it would be better if I introduced myself to Sasha and you before you come home for the weekend.

I shake my head. I don't want to talk to you. You ruined my twin's life.

The line goes dead.

My brothers are going to be angry with me.

***

Mikayla POV

I've been wondering around the garden for a little while.

Logan is sitting on one of the pool chairs when I walk back to the house. He pats the seat next to him. "Are you alright?"

I shake my head. "They hate me." I feel tears roll down my face.

Logan pulls me into his arms. "It's not your fault. You should give Adam a call. He's the sensible one. You won't regret giving him a call." He places his phone on the table.

Logan leaves the phone on the table and he walks away.

I'm going to give him a call. I hope I don't regret it.

I type his number into the phone and it starts to ring.

Adam: Hello this, Adam.

Me: Hi, Adam. My name is Mikayla and I'm your sister.

Adam: How did you get my number?

Me: Logan, gave it to me. He said it would be better if I introduced myself to Sasha and you before you come home for the weekend.

Adam: You ruined my twin's life.

I knew he would hate me for his sister.

I race through the house and up to my bedroom. I lock the door and ignore the pounding on the bedroom door from my biological family.

After three hours I hear a window slide open and I bolt to the bat in my room. I hold it in my hand.

My twin pulls the curtain across.

Robbie looks at me. "Hey, twin. Why are you locking everyone out?"

I look at the door. "Logan told me to get in touch with Adam. He hates me." I sob.

Robbie rubs my back. "I'm going to kill Logan." He pulls open the door and yells. "LOGAN, YOU'RE DEAD!"

I exit my room and watch Robbie run down the stairs. He tackles Logan and starts to punch him.

Mum enters the room and looks at them. "What's going on here?"

Robbie points at Logan. "He told Mikayla to call Adam. The conversation didn't go well. Adam's been protective of Sasha since they were younger."

Mum looks at them. "Go upstairs and put on something nice. We'll be making the announcement in five minutes that we've found our missing daughter."

Logan shakes his head. "I can't believe you're doing this without the twins. They are part of this family."

Mum glares at him. "Just do as I say." She points to the stairs.

I watch my brother climb the stairs and head to their room.

Mum looks up. "Did you hear all that?"

I nod.

She shakes her head. "I'm sorry for all the family drama."

I laugh. "It's refreshing from what I grew up with. So, you don't need to apologise for anything.

***

There's a bunch of reporters and news crew in front of the house. Mum and Dad are standing in front of the house and they look at the crowd.

Mum looks at me and smile. "Are you good?"

I nod. "Let's do this."

She turns back to the crowd on her lawn. She clears her throat. "We have an announcement to make."

Dad holds her hand. "Every year my wife stand up here begging for the return of our daughter." He smiles. "Tonight we're going to do the opposite. We're going to..." Dad trails off.

Mum picks up where he left off. "... Introduce you to our daughter Maya Lambert. But, her name not Maya anymore. She prefers the name she grew up with. So, we're going to introduce you to Mikayla Harrison."

I hear the chatter as I'm introduced. Someone says. "She's Landon Parker's girl. I wonder if he knows about this."

I step forward and stand next to Mum and Dad.

The media throw questions at us. I start to shake.

I can't be in front of these cameras any longer.

The flash starts to blind me and I fall on the stage. My eyes shut and I continue to see the blinding flashes of the cameras.

I hear someone yell. "Stop taking photos."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of The Billionaire's Agreement.