Opposed Predictability

I grunted as my body flew into the dark barrack. Streams of minimum sunlight shining through a small square sized boxed window that was undoubtedly tough to break. The hard concrete floor scraped against the skin of my elbow and knee as I collided in to the wall, hissing at the burning sensation. Upright on my palms and knees, I coughed from the sudden impact, my hair still drenched from being forcefully dragged through the waters I had been training in.

"You sick little twat, two nights in here without food would teach you a lesson on discipline!"

The door slamming shut behind the dripping wet Commander as he warned me a look. I hadn't even bothered to look beside myself and regard his presence. No, the beating back to the barrack was enough. The dragging through waters by the collar, the purpose of keeping the backpack on me as I was forced to walk in the fields while everybody watched with guarded expressions. I ran my fingers through my hair and sat on my backside, leaning against the wall with an arm resting over a bent knee. My injury stung, like swimming through corrosive acid. Eyeing Knut as he strolled over to me, I focused on my breathing, the throbbing in the back of my leg proof enough of how vile the man standing before me really was. I grit my teeth and he approached closer, his large boots squeezing from excess water as he kneeled, a ferocious look in his eye that caused the hairs on my neck to stand.

The sunlight seeped through the small window, shining directly into a spot in the middle of the room. Though I was squashed in the corner, there was enough light to notice every hair on my head. My hair framing my face sat on my forehead, shuffling the slightest as I took deep breaths. My chest heaved up and down with such ease, I wondered whether I was in serious physical pain or my mind was playing tricks. Either way, it was helping in my concentration.

He used a hand to grab my chin, his thumb tracing the swell of my bottom lip. I brought a sneer on to them, only to cause a smirk to his own, a glint of satisfaction in his grey orbs. I already knew his intention, his ferocious deeds winding in his mind. It brought a bitter taste in my mouth. "You're a pretty lady, you know that."

His hand slid the slightest down to my throat, trailing it like it was his path to more than satisfaction. It stopped at the collar of my service shirt and I grit my teeth, grabbing his hand before flinging it away with every right. "Don't, touch me." I bit out, a manner that caught the Commander's eye and his own anger matching mine. His smirk turned to a sneer before he roughly grabbed my jaw, flecks of water from my hair sprinkling around me before he came inches close to my face.

"You had better watch your back."

He thumped my head like I was a disobedient child and I grunted again, closing my eyes as the pain and dizziness rocketed. His dull, heavy footsteps echoed against the ground before he pulled open the door, beams on sunlight constricting my pupils in pain. I pressed a hand to my eyes, hoping to catch a few moments of where I stood and whether I had needed to prepare for serious matters when the place had gone quiet and no one could hear anything. But there was nothing I could control. Just the exhaustion wracking my body.

The sound of another pair of footsteps emerged and I glanced up, frowning when Commander Bernard eyed the retreating back of Commander Knut from the door. He wore a pair of Ray bans, a white shirt clinging to each muscle he'd worked on ever since he'd joined the service. I rose on to a knee and foot before groaning and surprisingly laughing at the pain welled up near my stomach. Bernard immediately came to my aid but I put up a hand, heaving some air before standing up on to two shaky feet. In salute, I stared at his furious expression as he returned the salute before speaking. "I see you're holding up alright."

I held the groan I wanted to emit so badly before slowly placing a hand over my abdomen, concentrating on my breathing. "Yes Sir."

"What'd you do?" He questioned, tucking his hands into his pockets.