And the war begins

Copyright © 2014 by Shazzaam_

Coarse language.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My heartbeat paced rapidly as I stared into a pair of furious eyes.

His inky black hair was sleekly pushed back, emphasizing his facial structure. His skin maintained the natural bronzed tan, something that would have arose my jealousy if I hadn't disliked him altogether.

Dark pink tinted lips twitched into a slight sneer as his nose took cover under a large white patch.

I imperceptibly bit on my bottom lip, amused at Antonio's predatorial stare. He shuffled closer and I rationally waited for some reaction. Anger, violence or foul language was all that rang at the top of my head. 

I damaged his nose, twice. Expecting no reaction was absolutely ridiculous. If someone had decided to target my nose as a punching bag, I would have a few torture choices for the particular person.

"It's nice to see you again." His thick Spanish accent swirled with his words and I frowned.

That's it? No raging persona or at least a smirking comment? It was no surprise that he must have thought this through and decided to go against all the obvious judgements. But really?

It had only taken me two seconds to realise that Antonio had been cooking something in his mind yet he still behaved as though he was three steps ahead. I pondered carelessly at how he had entered into the store without the bell chiming.

Then again, he could have been waiting for me.

With much oxygen I could inhale and holding my head high, I sighed heavily and cleared my throat while bundling the fold of my sleeves in my hands. "Indeed, it is."

My voice was barely over a whisper and I caught sight of a lean shadow standing outside of the large window.

Antonio's lips curved and I internally chuckled, followed by the screaming a comical "Finally!"  Debating whether he was planning on causing any bodily harm, it was as if he'd read my mind. His eyes shamelessly trailed over my covered body and I discreetly rolled my eyes at his absurdity. 

With the strength he had and his stupidity of angering the girl who had not only trampled him once, but twice, he sure did have a lot of confidence followed by a spineless gut.

"You made me run around for you."

It was almost chaotic to assume that I'd purposely taken a step to reach this destination. And it was disturbing to presume that I had been enjoying the whole time. I did not make him run around for me. He and his so called gang procured those steps.

A small smile tugged on his lips and he pocketed his hands, allowing the weapon in his waistband to shuffle slightly. With one glance, I felt my body recoil in vigilance yet kept my thoughts calm against the obvious gesture. 

Antonio may have been over confident, but it was people like him that had me extremely annoyed. Just like the years in high school, I had managed to walk into an abundance of chest popping, towering idiots who were mistaken for being strong. 

But just like the warning I'd received from Jonathon all those years back, I eventually reminded myself that these people were hopeless. One or another day, to walk into a wall blindly with nothing but a bunch of laughing stocks to sit back and watch the show.

"You don't seem to mind." I shrugged in my sleeves.

He breathed a laugh, achieving a step closer and I roamed my eyes over the design structure of the store, absorbing each and every detail. "Don't even think about it, Niña. You ran away impressively last time, but I know it won't happen again."