Attempts

Copyright © 2014 by Shazzaam_

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Friday, 30th October, 9:01 am.

"Right your vitals seem fine but you may feel a little anaemic for the next couple of days due to the lack of meals digested."

I had been in the hospital for two days.

Physically, the healing process sustained after the abrupt experiences of spewing which ensured my stomach to remain in utter pain, but emotionally I was yet to recover. Unable to retain my patience, I created all kinds of threats and commands to see Andrea.

Fortunately, I was informed the previous day on the success of the operation. But visitors were forbade until after a twenty four hour recovery, so I had no excuse out.

Until now of course.

The instant the clocks handle struck nine, I toiled my voice hoarse until Dr Larson finally accepted defeat and completed a full routine check-up. With luck, the only concern was relevant towards digestive issues.

Promisingly, they also detached the syringe from my arm which surprisingly held the lost relief within me.

I hated needles. Shockingly, I hadn't fainted.

My emotional state had seen better days yet I persistently stayed focus on the positive side. 

The main surprise of the morning had caused me to crumble into tears once again. Claretta entered my hospital room with relief etched over her face. But it wasn't what had reprieved me into such a state.

Axl was bundled in her arms with an expression that tore my heart to smithereens. Puffy eye-bags and red faced, he detected my presence and consumed a second to commence the new waterworks. He leaped out of Claretta's hold and scarpered towards me as I tumbled onto my knees, seizing him into an embrace while echoing the same terms over and over again.

"I am so sorry."

For each question he inquired, I remorsefully kissed his forehead, apologising for abandoning him. Clutching onto him as if my life depended on it.

I was ashamed for retaining no control in fate. I knew I shouldn't have posed such harshness upon myself, but seeing and understanding the hardship a baby sibling faced for forty-eight hours without seeing a familiar face had means to possess a quality of hurt.

Glancing up, I found the same brown eyes I had been contemplating with yesterday and frowned. Azalea treaded in with a blank expression and a messenger bag hanging over her shoulder. She suddenly smiled easily, glassy eyes threatening to spill.

I observed over her shoulder where Zrado peeked and only then had realization dawned upon me. Unable to produce even a small smile, my lips trembled and Azalea immediately derived to my aid, embracing us with pure comfort.

My bare knowledge of the girl hadn't even prevented me to release my hold on her. She shed a few sobs at my state and I became immensely touched at her sudden support. Her concern hadn't stilled me for a moment or two but it didn't change the fact that these two people were a resemblance of angels.

It required a couple more minutes until I noticed Axl's uncontrolled emotions. He'd sobbed heavily, soaking up my work shirt in seconds. Snot and saliva coated his bare skin and I quickly cleaned him up, detaining my own emotions.

Suddenly an anxiety attack seemed to erupt within Axl and I panicked, consenting my rational doctor to utilise his level of expertise. He positioned Axl down on my hospital bed as I struggled to stand straight from pain.