It all comes down tonight

Zylen stood in front of the closed doorway with a handful amount of red liquid leaped over his face. 

I stood on the roof, my eyes watering without feeling any ray of emotion. He looked as gruesome as a half-eaten zombie on the hunt for fresh flesh. I stared down at him with an unnerved gaze, blinking. 

He stared up at me, his whispers flooding the transparent earphone wrapped around my ear, the other end that partially held Emanuel and Isaac's voices who would guide me tonight.   

 "I owe you Valerie."  

Zylen's mother and sister were sent to the Safe house where Alex and Axl were guarded in safety. I hadn't given the time of day to quietly embrace the thankfulness on Andean, her blessings and love for having her to safety. It was like my mother was standing in front of me, smiling with so much honesty and pride for the woman I had become today. But like I said, I hadn't given it the time of day. Immobilised and prepared for murder, my train of thoughts and target had been sitting on a particular person, whom I was to meet tonight.

I could remember Dayton's voices, his reminders in my ear about the protection for the rest of my family. He'd gone down to the Safe house with Rahul and Azalea, keeping them together and guarding there safety in case of a random outbreak of war. I could remember the way Roy prepared me for tonight, dressing me with protective gears all the while whispering in my ear to be safe. 

My hair was pulled in a neat braided ponytail that divinely slithered against my spine. The black bandana that covered my face below my eyes was enough to conceal the number of times my jaw grit.

With a black body armour wrapped over the upper half of my tight long sleeve top, I was more than lucky to be aware of approaching attacks from the infra-red beads stapled into the armour. The detection of residual heat levels that determined how far the men were from my stance. My suspenders were reversed into weapon holsters firmly strapped to my body, the easiest access to many explosive gadgets and manual weapons. The flat boots on my feet that essentially rose to my mid-thigh helped in protection against attacks with the highly defined leather implemented with bullet-proof.

I leaned back and watched Zylen from the roof of the abandoned outhouse beside the blistering waves on the beach. I held the railing at the very top, standing beside Roy and Oliver who were dressed in black, similar gadgets tucked into their holsters, holding black desert eagles handguns. The latest powerful handgun created by Isaac, staring over the waves as the cold breeze slithered by. Oliver had brought my mother here and from there, he brought us here.

"You don't want to be caught in the middle of the fight. There will be a car waiting for you behind the abandoned restroom. Key's behind the front right wheel. Zylen remember, you're a distraction. The men won't recognise you instantly, but before they do you need to get yourself out. We just need them to sound the alarm, so we can have them scampering out of their hiding places. Then we attack."

I recalled Dayton's explanation of the plan, his blueprints barely registering my mind from overthinking negative scenarios. After all the anger and helplessness, I was thankful for the guidance in my ear, helping me throughout tonight to avenge it all. I continued to breathe in, stubbornly thinking about Angus, hoping he would magically appear to surprise me and slap me to keep my shit together. 

Zylen flung himself down the stairs, crackling sounds rumbling through my earpiece. He grunted and cursed as the wooden staircase jabbed him in his fall. I could hear heavy footsteps ascending closer to him, murmurs of alarm erupting as Roy held open a small lid from under the tin roof. He dangled half way before dropping in and Oliver followed, disappearing in the darkness. I bent down, staring into the darkness as both men disappeared down the hole. I braced the side of the hole, looking around myself before breathing in deeply.