Settling in

Copyright © 2014 by Shazzaam_

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tuesday, 30th September, 6:00am

A sudden heavy weight positioned itself on my backside, my windpipe hitching. My fingers grasped onto the soft material beneath my palms, confusion swirling my groggy thoughts. Cold wind slithered over my exposed shoulders and the soles of my bare feet, the weight suddenly climbing further up my back. I refused to accept the land of consciousness. I groaned, trying to switch sleeping positions but couldn't.

I peeled an eye open to find everything blurry. A slow second of panic suddenly lit in my chest, my heart beat increasing as the sight of a completely different scene appeared before my eyes. A small, soft cloud floated in the naked sky, past my window. 

The memory of packing before the journey slowly emerged, the suffering ride with my family to New York. Fervently, my nerves sizzled to a complete stop. Snickers soon followed and I mentally contemplated about the weight over my back.

"Akshoool, get off me." I whined, the side of my face heavily squashed into my pillow. I wriggled under my brothers weight, flailing an arm uselessly to push him off. Undoubtedly aware of my morning bipolar, it was like a mission for Axl to provoke a rise out of me. I growled again, void of amusement against the early morning chirps of the birds residing outside my window.

"Get up Valewie." He chirped, bouncing his bottom on my upper back. Rapidly straightening from my back, he frantically jumped on the mattress, chasing away the remains of my sleep. My body barely bounced and wobbled without prime aim and I groaned with bare restraint. My eyes pried apart into slits and I counted to ten in my head, resisting to scream so early in the morning. I tossed my pillow over my head before the small black alarm clock sitting on the chest stand caught my eye. "Oh for the love of God, Axl it's seven am! Go away!" 

The layers of blankets I had buried myself within last night were out of reach and I frowned. Tossed in abandonment on the floor, I muttered coherently under my breath about my ridiculousness, to the early morning ballistic adrenaline rush of my baby brother. He was yet to stop in his unintentional attempt to snap my bed frame in half and the more I refused to use the 'Dibby Dobber call', the more tempting it sounded.

"Wait. Just five more minu- Ah!" I yelped as his sudden weight on my backside. I caught sight of his arms horizontally stretched out, helping him balance along the curve of my spine. "Axl, I'm so close to whooping your rears! Get off!"

He giggled teasingly, pouncing from my backside onto the floor, a thump-like sound reverberating around the room. I choked a yelp in an un-lady like manner from the hefty impact, glaring at nothing in particular. I lifted myself up in a push-up stance and yawned before the sound of speedy footsteps echoed towards the exit of the door. I flipped around, seated in bed while lazily scratching my neck. 

The sun rays slowly refracted through my bedroom window, approaching the edge of my bed. Slowly slithering over my bare arm, I squeezed my eyes close as it shined over my face, goosebumps exposed to its radiating warmth.

Crawling off the mattress, I tread towards the open view, pulling open the balcony door before inhaling the morning breeze, coldness coating the tip of my nose. Completing my morning routine, I tread towards my luggage. Little water droplets dripped on the carpet while I tugged out a few clothes to wear. Slipping into a simple pair of blue skinny jeans and black tank top, I plucked out a pair of brown ankle lace up boots from a shoe-box and a blazer.

Throwing my towel onto the rack in the bathroom, I strolled towards the edge of my bed before placing on my boots. Tossing my duvet onto my mattress, I was in amidst of pulling my hair into a ponytail until an unexpected thud-like noise emerged from the hallway. I froze in my stance, glancing at the wide-open doorway. With an uncomfortable crane of my neck, I caught a better view of the commotion so early in the morning.