Insurrection

Copyright © 2014 by Shazzaam_

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My eyelids released and immediately aggressive pain relished my body. I twisted in the wrapped sheets, groaning as my head began to feel light headed. My drowsy sight regarded the dark walls and a hovering curtain beside me. I looked down and regarded the mattress between a railing and instantly, I recognised the IV tube hooked into my arm. I sat up and almost screamed at the pain the harboured me, regarding the dark figure unconcernedly standing before me. I failed to distinguish it's features, blinking rapidly.

It raised a small weapon and I followed the aim it was directed towards. The sleeping form of my mother positioned still, her chest heaving under the pale sheets. I screamed but mute sounds emitted. I violently struggled but I was bounded, no favour in my assistance. I looked down and realised I was kneeling, thick black chains digging into my skin as the ends were nailed into brick walls.

Bang!

Her body jerked and I froze, the blood rapidly soaked the white blanket. I thrashed and fought in my imprisonment, yelling and shouting as they approached her lifeless figure, lifting and cradling a small bundle that was nestled beside her. I shouted as I recognised Axl's sleeping form, removing him from the room entirely. The shadow before me rotated and I gasped a growl in fury.

Vladimir DeCicco leisurely plastered a sinister smirk, tilting his head to the side with an air of victory. His eyes were hidden in a shadow and I screamed sobs as I thrashed in the hold. I roared at him and tried to stand, a piece of wood smashing over my head. I gasped from the impact, my head spinning as I felt a drizzle of hot liquid slipping down the back of my head, to the nape of my neck. "You somehow escaped child. But that don't matter. Because I'm right here, right in front of you. And I won't let you escape this time."

He marked his gun between my eyes and I exhaled a sob, rapidly recuperating by gnashing my teeth together. I mentally prayed they vent their anger on me, but as long as they didn't harm Axl. Helplessly, I locked my eyes shut and inhaled a small breath, waiting for the arrival of the blow.

Bang!

Shuddering awake with a loud gasp, I shot upright and almost head-butted a figure in line with me, who luckily back peddled last minute. "Miss-" the cold sheets bunched within my palms, rapidly warming the fabric. Breathing with a strong suffocating sense, I attempted to eliminate the fogginess in my hearing, "-calm down, you need to breathe."

I strained to track the orders of the male voice and sealed my eyelids. A thousand tonnes positioned over my chest and I coughed violently. 

My mother and Axl.

They needed me.

I had to know if they were safe. Whether it was just a dream or reality. My impeccably difficult respiratory system erupted to fail and I panicked, unable to access more oxygen through my air pipe. Wheezing through my nose and out the mouth, a warm touch fiddled with my spine, and back up to my neck.

"That's it, just keep breathing." He located a hand on my shoulder while a soothing hand over my spine persisted in its skills. I listened to the sound of clicks on my right, gaining my curiosity. I moaned with pain, sucking in a loud breath before slowly exhaling. After what felt through a million years but undoubtedly a mere few minutes, I flopped back elevating and depressing my chest. My skin steamed without help and the layers of sweat dampened it profusely. My scalp itched and my lower back returned with a familiar throb. I tensed my feet and immediately released it, groaning at the painful sensation. 

"Where am I?" I questioned with a raspy voice.

Grimacing at the foul taste coating my tongue, I automatically cringed startling the owner of the male voice. He shifted, positioning two fingers over my pulse and I resisted the sudden urge to slap it. Without unsealing my eyelids, I removed the coat of sweat formation over my forehead and inhaled the air that writhed with antiseptics.